It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: carewemust
start hitting them where it hurts.

What "them" are you talking about?

"Them" are you neighbors.
"Them" are your co-workers.
"Them" are members of your family.

It seems you only want EVERYONE to find important the issues you find important or to simply kow-tow to your way of thinking and the world doesn't work like that.

That would be the "them" certain members refer to. It matters not who "them" is, so long as "them" are "them" and not "us" they're automatically bad people.

That's why we get the same handful of people showing up in every political thread calling for banning, or outright jailing, any media they don't approve of, as well as putting "them" in "camps" where "they" can be contained. Who might be caught up in the "them" label isn't as important to those members as the label itself is.

Because "them" isn't "us."

Very, very well said.

Accurate and appropriate.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Cowardly is lying at every turn.
Weak is blaming your every mistake on someone else.

Don't try to match character here. Trump is way out of his league.

If this post is in reference to Hillary Clinton, then it could very well be the most accurate I have ever seen you post.

If not, meh....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Cowardly is lying at every turn.
Weak is blaming your every mistake on someone else.

Don't try to match character here. Trump is way out of his league.

If this post is in reference to Hillary Clinton, then it could very well be the most accurate I have ever seen you post.

If not, meh....

Of course it isn't, you would have to be a complete dick to...

Oh hold on...

You were being sarcy

(the above was a public service announcement on behalf of the brain dead)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't get the point of this story, if there even is a story. More hubbub generated by a media who likes to distill its conclusions from tweets.

Aww, c'mon, you know very well what the "point" is:

That many people were waiting to hear if Trump had recordings of the conversations with Comey, to which he alluded.

And he says he doesn't. Now they can say "damnit!"

The secondary point is, I suppose, is that Trump says he didn't record them or possess them, which is an implication they could still exist.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

How are you so sure these spaces are under constant surveillance?
I doubt the oval office o are under surveillance unless the president says so.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Why is that my problem?

Never said it was your problem, and I guess it isn't Trump's problem any more either.... We can all sleep better knowing he isn't anyone's problem now...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

No he wouldn't directly challenge the president.
Would you?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Nope. That was just the liberal media saying that he said what he said but really he was just saying what they said that he said when he said it and now they're saying that he said it but really, no.

It's so simple!

Stupid me.

I forgot what he says doesn't mean what he says but only what the liberal media thinks it means he says, even when it's straightforward and he says it himself, because he is such a master with the English language that a statement as simple as "the sun is hot" doesn't mean the sun's hot it's just liberal spin.

The man's a genius.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Right....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

No he wouldn't directly challenge the president.
Would you?

Sillyolme, you are conflating things. I love you but Trump wasn't prez when he was investigating the Hilary thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Again, I ask why would anyone want an FBI director that, "wouldn't directly challenge the president?"

What a weak willed sissy!

Might want to stop making use of that backhoe...that hole you're in is getting deeper and deeper.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Maybe it will happen after he's a private citizen maybe before but if you think the I.C. isnt going to get him one way or the other your mistaken.
Tax evasion or money laundering g, there's going to be something.
They are going to get him for slandering them and Comey and every intelligence agency in our control.
I don't know why this isn't apparent in this conspiracy theory world.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Nope. That was just the liberal media saying that he said what he said but really he was just saying what they said that he said when he said it and now they're saying that he said it but really, no.

It's so simple!

Stupid me.

I forgot what he says doesn't mean what he says but only what the liberal media thinks it means he says, even when it's straightforward and he says it himself, because he is such a master with the English language that a statement as simple as "the sun is hot" doesn't mean the sun's hot it's just liberal spin.

The man's a genius.

And this is wonderful. It is an appeal to...what fallacy is this again?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Cross your fingers Mueller doesn't think it was a threat.
Because it sure sounded like a threat or at least an attempt to intimidate the top cop.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm not going to go into details, but it's been that way for years. So unless the Bush admin or the Obama Admin had a complete remodel to remove the equipment that's there. Then yes, it's still under watch as protocol for the Executive Office and it's surroundings. People don't talk about it because there is an NDA that is signed about it. Yes, before everyone gets into a thing about "Top Secret" and stuff...it's not listed as a compartmental information item. That's why there is an NDA you have to sign.

So Doubt away if you like.

The core of my post stays the same:

originally posted by: Guyfriday

You're welcome?

The point is that if there was no recordings, but Trump said there were, then Comey (being that he's been around DC longer would have known that there weren't any) could have lied to protect himself and his concerns (the events of the prior Administration)

Since these recordings do exist, Comey has to ask himself, "Would Trump be ballsy enough to release them?" Without me saying anything, and just looking at Comey's statement while in front of Congress, I would say yes he knows that recordings do exist, and that they could have been used against him.

That's more of my point, than me just saying that there are recordings.

I hope that comes across better.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: flatbush71

Cross your fingers Mueller doesn't think it was a threat.
Because it sure sounded like a threat or at least an attempt to intimidate the top cop.

What Mueller thinks is not relevant. He will need evidence.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Aww, c'mon, you know very well what the "point" is:

That many people were waiting to hear if Trump had recordings of the conversations with Comey, to which he alluded.

And he says he doesn't. Now they can say "damnit!"

The secondary point is, I suppose, is that Trump says he didn't record them or possess them, which is an implication they could still exist.

What recordings? Trump neither alluded to nor hinted at any such material, tapes or otherwise. He simply said Comey better hope that there aren't any "tapes". It's something a dad would say to a kid.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's not. Wrong again.
How sublime....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Go away. You're off topic or drunk.
Who's even talking about Hillary?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He simply said Comey better hope that there aren't any "tapes".

That he did.

That he even mentioned the possibility of tapes/recordings is an implication there could be, or else why even mention it.

Oh yeah, it's Trump.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join