It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can not wait to hear exactly how this young man died from, I am sure it will be a full report released by the family.

This is so darn tragic.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
It's truly sick how leftists descended on this thread to deflect from this act of barbarism.

That's what they do best......everything anti-American is their specialty.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
What is Trump going to do about it? Write an angry tweet?

At least your president, Donald J. Trump, got the kid home.

Unlike weak failed dimwit Obama...

Thank you. He was at least with his family when he died, surrounded by those who loved him.

Obama didn't give a sh*t. Trump did.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
Are they not both feathers representing the same Eagle?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
While it's bad that he got tortured, people calling for war over this are really disgusting. Would you really condemn millions to death because one man was stupid enough to go to a country that hates Americans? If the US go to war with NK, then they are sure to field test their nuclear weapons on US bases and the South. It would only take one to get through the defences and detonate to cause unimaginable horrors.

Then to add in the outright hypocrisy of the US government's history of torture and abuse of prisoners. There is no moral high ground to play here.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

More sanctions... Military action... special operations...

Plenty of possibilities.

We have already stopped all the people from trading with him that we are able to stop. Sanctions are no use.
Military action means more dead americans. Special op is how we should take out all dictators if we are going that route. Assassination punishes the (Perceived) guilty without endangering innocent lives. There is a reason the elites of the world made assassination "illegal" It's so they can justify hiding behind their soldiers. Who by the way are usually children and young adults. I'm not just talking about NK ether.
edit on 19-6-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The Rodman visit was Kims condition for Otto's release. They are not going to say that officially of course. Trump made it happen. It was no coincidence.

Same thing happened when Bill Clinton had to go to NK in person to facilitate the release of Lisa Ling and her sister some years ago.

They need to get the other US citizen "hostages" out of there somehow. They are in a living hell over there. I can't imagine.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

This is going to piss Trump off Big League!

Otto Warmbier dies...

There's no evidence of torture at this point.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

At least your president, Donald J. Trump, got the kid home.

Unlike weak failed dimwit Obama...

Thank you. He was at least with his family when he died, surrounded by those who loved him.

Exactly!

I am truly stunned at some of the responses to this tragedy by some of our leftists.

They never pass on an opportunity to bash Trump and make excuses for America's enemies.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thank God the young man was, at least, surrounded by the love of his family, instead of a bunch of sadistic animals.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Are they not both feathers representing the same Eagle?

I'm not sure what answer you're looking for.

Obama was a lot of hot air. Trump may not be well-spoken, but he does what he says he's going to do. I see him as a sincere man, especially because he does what he says he's going to do.

Obama told Warmbier's family to shut up about Otto's imprisonment. Trump, within a couple of months of being elected, brought him home.

I know all I need to know about Obama v. Trump. Trump already has my vote in 2020, and now you know why .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. North Korea could murder every American in the country and still nothing would happen but empty threats and sanctions that do nothing.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Xcathdra

More sanctions... Military action... special operations...

Plenty of possibilities.

We have already stopped all the people from trading with him that we are able to stop. Sanctions are no use.
Military action means more dead americans. Special op is how we should take out all dictators if we are going that rought. Assassination punishes the (Perceived) guilty without endangering innocent lives. There is a reason the elites of the world made assassination "illegal" It's so they can justify hiding behind their soldiers. Who by the way are usually children and young adults. I'm not just talking about NK ether.

On a lighter note, I think we should make a concerted effort to somehow bury NK in DVDs and decent food and clothing. Undermine Fat Boy, so his people rise up against him.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Thank God the young man was, at least, surrounded by the love of his family, instead of a bunch of sadistic animals.

That's what this really comes down to. I hope the young man had some small glimmer of cognizance left and knew that he was surrounded by family.

link   

I don't know who sh*ts the largest log, but Obama did care.

On Wednesday, the Obama administration demanded North Korea release Otto Warmbier, the University of Virginia student who earlier that day was sentenced to 15 years of prison and hard labor.

In a press briefing yesterday, White House spokesperson Josh Earnest said, “We strongly encourage the North Korean government to pardon him and grant him special amnesty and immediate release.”

In a press briefing yesterday, White House spokesperson Josh Earnest said, “We strongly encourage the North Korean government to pardon him and grant him special amnesty and immediate release.”

“The allegations for which this individual was arrested and imprisoned would not give rise to arrest or imprisonment in the United States – or in just about any other country in the world,” Earnest said.

Earnest said that it was “increasingly clear that the North Korean government intends to use [American] citizens as pawns.”

Hours after Warmbier was sentenced, President Obama issued a new executive order announcing sanctions against the country and various industries within it.

people.com...

link   
They are both part of ONE system many like to think is binary-

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
They are both part of ONE system many like to think is binary-

Like it or not, Trump is working hard to live up to his promises, something at which recent administrations have failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Then to add in the outright hypocrisy of the US government's history of torture and abuse of prisoners.

This kid stole a freaking sign.....according to you, that should be enough for a death sentence at the hands of NK?
He didn't kill anyone on a battlefield or by terrorist action.
In my opinion, we should be torturing more terrorist cockroaches.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't know who sh*ts the largest log, but Obama did care.

Yeah, he cared so much that he left him there and didn't lift a finger to even attempt to open dialogue to get him released......give me a break....

edit on 19-6-2017 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Actions speak louder than words.

Obama didn't bring him home. Trump did.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join