It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: SBMcG
I'm sure he was beaten to within an inch of his life.

BASTARDS!

12V 100AMPS ... few marks.

I'm sure you're right. That would explain the stoppage of his heart and subsequent loss of brain tissue.

So sad.

Infuriating, actually.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Sad, very sad. I hate the Nkorean regime! As much as I dislike trump, I hope he makes better moves with Nkorea than he has with Syria, shooting down a plane going after ISIS, was pretty messed up!!!

link   
This very sad, very unfortunately.

I am sure that the doctors will be able to find what cause his death during a very meticulous autopsy.

Very sad indeed, at least he got to get home and be with his family and not in some third world country with strangers.

My best wishes to his family and friends.

link   
I would imagine that the family decided to remove him from life support considering that he was basically brain dead with no hope for recovery. I am sure there will be investigations but we are likely to never really know for certain how he ended up in a coma shortly after his mock kangaroo trial (though I have mine and others I am sure have their own suspicions). I would definitely be pressing for the release of all others being held in the country pronto and if they came back in less than optimal health there would be serious repercussions if I were president.

Edit: It is a good thing I am not president tbh, as Kim Jong Un's presidential palace would probably be renovated a bit to be more like a smoldering crater.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Darkphoenix77 because: honesty

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
a reply to: Xcathdra

They did rule out torture. I figure he may have hanged himself, but they stopped him. That brain damage indicates lack of oxygen to the brain so, it's a fair guess.

I have not heard that, nor do I believe it. There are numerous forms of torture that could have caused his final condition without being detectable.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
What is Trump going to do about it? Write an angry tweet?

Yeah at 3 in the morning

link   

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77
I would imagine that the family decided to remove him from life support considering that he was basically brain dead with no hope for recovery. I am sure there will be investigations but we are likely to never really know for certain how he ended up in a coma shortly after his mock kangaroo trial (though I have mine and others I am sure have their own suspicions). I would definitely be pressing for the release of all others being held in the country pronto and if they came back in less than optimal health there would be serious repercussions if I were president.

You could be right.

What a sad day for the family.

link   
guys this idiot went into an insanely dangerous country. whatever happened to him happened because he was recklace.

there is ZERO need to go to war over such an imbecile.

do i party in dangerous sections of newark? no way.

there are places you go to, and places you avoid. this country is under dictatorship.

its like if you go to europe and ask if the ovens were real or fake. if you do, you go to jail for thought crimes.

in america, we are allowed to ask questions, so we do not go to jail. thats why i stay here lol.

link   
Obama's legacy.

Too bad Trump was not elected last year so he could have brought him home sooner.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Yeah at 3 in the morning

Which is infinitely more than weak failed dimwit Obama did...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Sad, very sad. I hate the Nkorean regime! As much as I dislike trump, I hope he makes better moves with Nkorea than he has with Syria, shooting down a plane going after ISIS, was pretty messed up!!!

The SU-22 attacked Kurdish forces and not ISIS. Trump made the right decision in Syria and I think he will make the right decision on N.K.

Un should share the same fate as Warmbier.

link   
a reply to: dantanna

I agree with you in principle, but the time has come for America to be feared again.

link   

They couldn't say for sure because there were no visible wounds.

That does not mean he wasn't savagely tortured -- which I'm sure he was.

You seem to be sure of a lot, yet actually know very little..

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: windword

I thought he succumbed to food poisoning, Botulism, they said.

Who's medical staff are you going to believe?
Ours or NK's

Ours of course. But, I didn't know that Botulism had been refuted. It's not a stretch to believe. I doubt the NK prison food is USDA Grade A, shheeeesh, even US prison inmates have been known to have been fed rat poison, for that matter. I can't even imagine how awful NK prisons must be.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

They couldn't say for sure because there were no visible wounds.

That does not mean he wasn't savagely tortured -- which I'm sure he was.

You seem to be sure of a lot, yet actually know very little..

Healthy 21 year-old males don't end up like this for no reason, bub.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Who stars a dumb comment like this?

Don't know, some idiot told her Trump was her president when the location shows UK

link   
NoKo has a chemical and biological weapons program, maybe he was a test subject and it caused him to stop breathing or damaged the brain to look like asphyxiation

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Agree, this would have turned different is more efforts were done to get him back home last year.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Not to derail the thread but did Trump shoot the plane down himself?
His military commanders made that decision, I think they would have better intel about what that plane was doing than you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join