It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of All the Shady Police Shootings, NONE Have Been Convicted....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Just think all these minorities shot by cops could have been avoided if the victims (unarmed people killed by police) were an armed white girl who just killed a family or a white boy who shot up a church.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

It the burden of proof for any officer using deadly force, so of course it would be explained to the jury..

"
In the United States, the use of deadly force by sworn law enforcement officers is lawful when the officer reasonably believes the subject poses a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to themselves or others"

"Force “must be judged from the perspective of a reasonable officer on the scene, rather than with the 20/20 vision of hindsight,” the court said."

It is all up to how the officer CLAIMS he felt at the time. The actual measurables of the case are irrelevant.

As long as he can create a scenerio where he can claim he felt threatened. He has carte blanch to use whatever force he feels fit..

Look at the cases we are talking about.. espeacially Castille..

Doing nothing wrong and approached by a cop because he thought he looked like someone else. It is literally a "worst case scenerio" for the state.. it is a no knock kick door at the wrong house, per say.

And still he walked..

As you agreed you cannot prove I didn't feel threatened, and "reasonably" by default isn't measurable "beyond a reasonable doubt."

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

That's not accurate and my biggest pet peeve..

This is not a black (minority) issue.. it is an everyone issue.

Plenty of white kids are shot by jumpy police officers as well. In fact 70% are white people . It is just the 30% who are black are more than twice the rate their 13% of the population deserves..

Pretending it is a black only issue tells 87% of the population..

"Nothing to see here..this doesn't effect your children .. this only effects black children.. in fact if your racist you should definitely oppose me."

Which is absolutely not the case...

It is left wing propaganda meant to cheaply motivate the black community.

If BLM had chosen "all lives matter " as their tag line, where would the conservative propaganda wing have gone???

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I will start with Michael Brown and Eric Garner.
Both of whom resisted arrest and sadly died because of it...
Case closed.

That's a very sad and frightening opinion to have.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Silicis n Volvo

Me thinks his opinion would be different if it were his children..

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The PROBLEM is that it is virtually impossible to convict some one when the standard is "did they feel threatened?"

The behaviour of plolice is a reflection of government values. Values are things we beleive in to point that they control our behaviour.

If the govt did not want these things to happen they would put a stop to it. Why they value the thuggery and killing by police is what has to be determined.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
I'm just gonna leave this here...

The old "What If happens scenario". In reality it's not the wild west where everyone is looking to kill johnny law.

We could make a "what if happens scenario" showing police officer Roid raging on a regular citizen over a petty reason, as to why people shouldn't trust or believe law enforcement.

How many police officers have died from being shot compared to unarmed people dying from being shot by police.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Over 1000 people are killed by police compared to an average of about 3 police officers.. if memory serves as far as the police deaths go.. I remember the civilian number for sure.

The interstate is more dangerous than an officer on duty... police work is not in the top ten most dangerous nod

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I think it is prob mostly about the money, not some sinister conspiracy stuff..

If the cop is found guilty the family will get millions, the department will look bad and then they get to pay to replace the officer..

If the cop is found innocent they get to fine the victim.

The state only loses by admitting fault.

Plus I think cops legit don't think they should be penalized for mistakes, as they drive around all day arresting people for mistakes... that and they are so scary they will shoot you even if they THINK there is only a .0000001% chance they are in danger.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

And there no cell phones, dash cams, body cameras, or internet.

Anybody that pretends that "in the old days" cops didn't do anything is either just making things up or is clueless. Yes, there are laws now that there weren't then.

There are also policies in place that there weren't then.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

Just think: one day you may be able to actually read and understand actual data and factual information, and use that it in a discussion rather than regurgitating incorrect information you saw on instagram.

Then again maybe not.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well we know that for the average citizen, how many shots they fire is always used to demonstrate attitude. But not cops. And giving them a pass or making it hard to convict is part of the power game PTB play. Police are not held to the same reality the citizens are and its obvious all though the reasons are not.

edit on 18-6-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Spoken like someone who has no clue what he is talking about. Why don't you hit YouTube and search for people trying to kill police...It happens more often than you'd think. The reason less police die is because they're trained for the situation and most of those trying aren't. Not saying there is never a bad shoot...But there are wayyyyy less bad shoots than good ones, and attacking every police shooting isn't really realistic.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There is no justice..It's "justus"

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Azureblue

I think it is prob mostly about the money, not some sinister conspiracy stuff..

If the cop is found guilty the family will get millions, the department will look bad and then they get to pay to replace the officer..

If the cop is found innocent they get to fine the victim.

The state only loses by admitting fault. :

The law of the land is the law of the land. The law not only must be implemented it must be seen to be implimented without fear, favor ??. Those who attempt to usurp the law by perverting the course of justice are guilty of the crime of perverting the course of justice and face long prison sentences. I doubt anyone in the judiciary is prepared to put pressure on courts to enage in corrupt behaviour (knowing a person is guility of a serious cime but letting him go, without being very confident they are being protected by the people at the top, who actually carry all the risk.

Feel free to think that cops should be not penalized for mistakes, however, know that you and members of YOUR family may oneday be the victim of a 'mistake.' Should that happen, I hope you will be man enough inside to remember your comments on here in this thread and accept the police claim that it was a mistake, as a true and accurate statement of claim.

The state only loses by admitting fault. In which case the state, via its senor law officers, such as the attorney General etc, should not permit it to occur, Its within their power to make required changes. by not making required changes, it become their fault. (unless as I have suggested) its the states policy to let it happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join