It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians Could Face Hate Crimes Over Using The Wrong Gender Pronouns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: strongfp

At least I can't be jailed or fined for calling someone stupid. Or does that fall under the Canadian law?

This whole situation is going right over your head isn't it?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I have been told on numerous occasions I am not too bright. So anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I just spent 15 minutes copying all the changes made to both the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code to post in this thread, but then changed my mind.

Why bother ?

The OP couldn't be bothered to link and quote the actual legal document for people to read and get properly informed on exactly how it gets applied... Instead he chose to just link to some hit-piece blog because it sounded more controversial and therefore making it more fun to stir the pot on ATS.

The OP chose to take the lazy route instead of doing any proper research on the subject. He spent all of maybe 5 minutes (at max) to toss this thread together on a subject that deserves to have been properly researched so as to share that knowledge with others.

Nope, couldn't be bothered.

This...

This is what ATS has become.

Uninformative, rabble rousing hit-pieces where thread creators can't even be bothered to put in any kind of effort for readers to partake in an intellectual exchange of information.

I keep popping into this place once in a blue moon in the hopes that things have settled down and the useless trolls posting their useless bait threads may have been somewhat contained to some degree.

But once again, a complete f***ing waste of time.

So just like the master-baiters around here, I too can no longer be bothered.

I'm done.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Best maple syrup comes from Vermont, the Pens just won the cup, and there is a lot of argument over just how good Canada's healthcare really is versus the US... Im struggling to find much to be jealous over.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I just spent 15 minutes copying all the changes made to both the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code to post in this thread, but then changed my mind.

Why bother ?

The OP couldn't be bothered to link and quote the actual legal document for people to read and get properly informed on exactly how it gets applied... Instead he chose to just link to some hit-piece blog because it sounded more controversial and therefore making it more fun to stir the pot on ATS.

The OP chose to take the lazy route instead of doing any proper research on the subject. He spent all of maybe 5 minutes (at max) to toss this thread together on a subject that deserves to have been properly researched so as to share that knowledge with others.

Nope, couldn't be bothered.

This...

This is what ATS has become.

Uninformative, rabble rousing hit-pieces where thread creators can't even be bothered to put in any kind of effort for readers to partake in an intellectual exchange of information.

I keep popping into this place once in a blue moon in the hopes that things have settled down and the useless trolls posting their useless bait threads may have been somewhat contained to some degree.

But once again, a complete f***ing waste of time.

So just like the master-baiters around here, I too can no longer be bothered.

I'm done.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

There would be little left to wonder if you got cancer with no insurance (even with insurance int US) in the US and in Canada.
edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

HE/SHE HIM/HER HIS/HER HIS/HERS HIMSELF/HERSELF
zie zim zir zis zieself
sie sie hir hirs hirself
ey em eir eirs eirself
ve ver vis vers verself
tey ter tem ters terself
e em eir eirs emself

So lets practice,

Eir preference personally for xemselves makes everyone take upon zieselves the ideological mandates of a minority.

Personally, vis and ter, both em and all eirs are free to use whatever language they wish to communicate with each tey.

Emself will continue to compete with the rest of the real world and continue to use english, or whatever is best for communication.

Not Zis.

edit on 6 17 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Today, trans Canadians celebrate Bill C-16. Tomorrow, the work begins for us all

The new law, passed in the Senate on Thursday, prohibits discrimination against trans and gender non-binary individuals, and includes them within the protections provided by the hate-speech and hate-crime provisions of the criminal law. With the enactment of Bill C-16, the federal government finally joins the provinces and territories that have amended their human rights codes to recognize and protect gender diversity. It is a long overdue statement of the formal equality of trans and gender non-binary Canadians.

But hey let's go with the BS propaganda piece the Op has written and ignore what it actually is.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Does this apply to Muslim offenders as well?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Kalixi

What are you talking about?

Maple syrup, hockey, car parts and better healthcare outcomes than the US at 45% of the cost. What have they done?

A dollar worth 3/4 of a US dollar, GDP just a hair more than Mexico, housing prices off the charts in most cities, huge land mass with the majority of 35M people living along the southern border (i.e., wasteland), ya, they've got it made.

As I've said in the past, I love Canada and would move back there at the drop of a hat but these laws are plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

There would be little left to wonder if you got cancer with no insurance (even with insurance int US) in the US and in Canada.

Uh...
www.cdc.gov...
For all but child leukemia, the United States has a higher survival rate than Canada for cancer patients. Do you have stats to support your claim otherwise?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

My point was not the survival rate. It was access. No insurance means very little in the way of proper care in the US.

Cuba is #1 in breast cancer survival rates followed by the US and then Canada. Just one part of the cancer fight.
www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

it still isnt hate speech to use "incorrect" pronouns.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

True. They are not making it a crime to use incorrect pronouns but making it a crime to go out of your way to hate on someone.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: thetruth2017

originally posted by: TzarChasm

True. They are not making it a crime to use incorrect pronouns but making it a crime to go out of your way to hate on someone.

i read a thing a while ago on social media about gender neutral terminology, like "buddy" or "pal" or partner, comrade, etc. my favorite was "mortal". especially when i use it in a deep dark voice.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

"to hate on someone"

Your honor, I will prove beyond any reasonable doubt that the defendant "hated on my client".

edit on 17-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Anyone ever watch Judge Judy? How many times does someone answer the judge with a "yes, sir"? They usually correct themselves but in Canada, a slip up like that could land you in jail. Hopefully, the defendant can have the case tossed and be heard by Judy

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Canada cannot claim to be a free nation, by any definition of the word. Welcome to fascism, Canadians.

We need two walls.....

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Does this apply to Muslim offenders as well?

They will most likely get a free pass because of their ' cultural' upbringing.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join