It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE —

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Do you think In light of the scalise shooting, they should have not done this play?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Ridiculous and censorial behavior. This should not be tolerated Ina free society.

Agreed. It's ridiculous, but in a free society you have the right to free speech and to protest.

There is a fine line between protest and disruption. Disrupting someone's play, their free speech, is censorship.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When are we going to call wrong, wrong?
When do we decide that wrong is just wrong?

Things are getting out of control because everybody wants to be be right when everybody is wrong.

This is not right.

edit on 2017-06-16T22:54:07-05:002201716America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: I might be wrong

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Ridiculous and censorial behavior. This should not be tolerated Ina free society.

Agreed. It's ridiculous, but in a free society you have the right to free speech and to protest.

There is a fine line between protest and disruption. Disrupting someone's play, their free speech, is censorship.

No, it is not censorship. It's disruption through free speech.

The play still went on and the disruptors paid the consequences of their act of free speech.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Did you miss your spaceship mr alien?

link   

Agreed. I stood against this when it's done against conservative speakers, and I am against it now

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Things are getting out of control because everybody wants to be be right when everybody is wrong.

This is not right.

Just my opinion.. we have endured decades of conditioning... The folks who ushered in that conditioning, have decided that the time is right to have us ALL at each other's throats.. while they kick back with armed security..

I still believe that THEY have miscalculated their grip on the folks who actually are in charge of this country...

YMMV

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Did you miss your spaceship mr alien?

I'm still in orbit Mr. Terran.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

originally posted by: c2oden

This is not right.

Just my opinion.. we have endured decades of conditioning... The folks who ushered in that conditioning, have decided that the time is right to have us ALL at each other's throats.. while they kick back with armed security..

I still believe that THEY have miscalculated their grip on the folks who actually are in charge of this country...

YMMV

Agreed!

This didn't happen over night we were conditioned for it to happen! Just open your eyes if your strong enough to resist and watch the conditioning being promoted thru the MSM!

You just ride on a motorized scooter just like me!

edit on 16-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Soon that scooter will be automated so you can be free to be mesmerized by chasing pokemon on your phone! The HORROR!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: c2oden

Our country was founded on freedom.

Good and bad, tactful and tactless, right and wrong.

Freedom.

I agree with DB. The play is really tactless and if people dont like it they dont have to go. But, short of actively calling for violence, they have free speech, to be jackasses or whatever.

Still though, considering how things are, they should really stop with the provocation. We really will end up in a civil war if folks dont chill the # out.
edit on 16-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: seeker1963

Soon that scooter will be automated so you can be free to be mesmerized by chasing pokemon on your phone! The HORROR!

Never! Don't own a cell phone and don't care too. That's what answering machines are for!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Do you think In light of the scalise shooting, they should have not done this play?

I honestly don't think they should have, no.

Why?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Dude, why are you even trying to drill that point? Any kind of Trump assassination play is going to be poor taste. There is no appropriate time for it. That's the whole point of it.

I notice though, every time there is an act of violence, there are a handful of Left who denounce it, and a handful of Right who denounce it. Same people every time. BUT, because of this right wing troll problem, we're also seeing a lot of Right wing encouragement of violence. Not just justification. But encouragement of violence. And you should be on the lookout for that.

There is a subversive effort to push the Right into a violent response. I see those efforts in this thread. I hope you see it too.

edit on 16-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The play still went on and the disruptors paid the consequences of their act of free speech.

It has a term, both in a legal and layman's sense: the Heckler's veto. It's disrupting someone's free speech, as simple as that.
edit on 16-6-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Agreed. I stood against this when it's done against conservative speakers, and I am against it now

As you should. It's censorship.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We are walking a fine line...

Freedoms...

It wasn't right then, it's not right now...

2 wrongs don't make a right....

But 3 rights make a left?

edit on 16-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: what does a left make?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Color me unimpressed.

So to sum it all up.

A person runs on stage because they found the play offensive.

Guy records it happening (probably already knew she would run on stage).

A few boos from the crowd and security removes the disruption. (no violence nobody calling for violence)

Phone camera guy screams gerbils lol. He is removed fom audience.

Internet yahoo does commentary and tries to make it a big deal.

ATS members take the bait and this thread is started.

I actually played into this first world problem and posted as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well that was retarded.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

It has a term, both in a legal and layman's sense: the Heckler's veto. It's disrupting someone's free speech, as simple as that.

If I am not mistaken, Heckler's Veto includes intervention by a government authority to suppress free speech based on the reaction of the "heckler".

That does not seem to apply here.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join