It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters INTERRUPT Trump Assassination Play – RUSH STAGE —

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Well there goes the free speech.

Free speech has repercussions sometimes though. Like at work you're free to call your boss an a$$hole. But your boss can fire you for exercising your right to free speech. Get it?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Well there goes the free speech.

Free speech has repercussions sometimes though. Like at work you're free to call your boss an a$$hole. But your boss can fire you for exercising your right to free speech. Get it?

Of course. Nobody is denying that here.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
On mobile and will post more later.

I think this is bad form. This is not the same as antifa as they attacked no one and damaged no property.

This is like the thousands of students and others that scream during conservative speakers so they can't be heard.

It was dumb then, and it's dumb now.

The woman who rushed the stage worked for rebel media and was arrested for disorderly conduct and trespassing.

Funny, I don't recall the leftists people I mentioned above ever being arrested.

In fact the police fly out watched the rioters at Berkeley beat innocent people and wouldn't arrest people.

Guess the police view conservative protests more seriously.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

it's seems to be a tradition that goes back to queen elizabeth 1...
I guess all the high school english teachers should be glad that the dear queen didn't behead shakespeare and burn all his writings. I mean what would they have used to torture us with without romeo and macbeth!!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
On mobile and will post more later.

I think this is bad form. This is not the same as antifa as they attacked no one and damaged no property.

This is like the thousands of students and others that scream during conservative speakers so they can't be heard.

It was dumb then, and it's dumb now.

The woman who rushed the stage worked for rebel media and was arrested for disorderly conduct and trespassing.

Funny, I don't recall the leftists people I mentioned above ever being arrested.

In fact the police fly out watched the rioters at Berkeley beat innocent people and wouldn't arrest people.

Guess the police view conservative protests more seriously.

No the leftist who shot the Congressman the other day didn't get arrested. He was shot dead just as he deserved.
edit on 6jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Been saying for awhile the pedulum will soon start swinging in the opposite direction! Now we are seeing it so as I also have been saying, "Civil War is coming" I guess for those who believe acting like spoiled children with their political religion have 2 choices? Grow up or be prepared for all hell to break loose?

Like the old saying goes, "It's all fun and game until someone gets hurt!"?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: joemoe
So I guess it would be ok with those on the left, if the right did the same things except all the Trump characters are replaced with Obama , Bernie or Hillary?

I don't know....what do you think?

Well that pic was from an Afganistan Protest ...

edit on 16-6-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

So, they cheer a mock assassination of a sitting president, even after a real assassination attempt of members of Congress, but they boo a woman ho points out their evil? Go figure.

How long before the usual apologists enter this thread?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Been saying for awhile the pedulum will soon start swinging in the opposite direction! Now we are seeing it so as I also have been saying, "Civil War is coming" I guess for those who believe acting like spoiled children with their political religion have 2 choices? Grow up or be prepared for all hell to break loose?

This appears to be a legitimate expression of free speech. Not a first shot in the new civil war many of you have been advocating.

All I can say is be careful what you wish for. It's all fun and games until your battery dies in your rascal scooter.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Not good. Not right.

They're no better than the idiots at Berkeley who wouldn't let people speak.

DB, with all due respect, because I tend to agree with you, this isn't remotely close to that. This woman (I only see the one_ walked up calmly and spoke. At Berkeley, they were attacking people, putting some in the hospital.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

This appears to be a legitimate expression of free speech. Not a first shot in the new civil war many of you have been advocating.

All I can say is be careful what you wish for. It's all fun and games until your battery dies in your rascal scooter.

So was Milo at Berkley, yet I'll be dollars to donuts you were one of those on there not supporting him and his speech being shut down?

You couldn't resist attacking me could ya!
Try to stay classy next time!

edit on 16-6-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

She has a right to speak, but she also infringed on the rights of others as they were expressing their speech.

Nothing is wrong with protest.
Nothing is wrong with her speaking out.

Hell, I probably agree with her.
I think the people in the play are assholes.

But even assholes have the right to free expression without it being infringed.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So was Milo at Berkley, yet I'll be dollars to donuts you were one of those on there not supporting him and his speech being shut down?

Nope. I supported his right to speak and I supported the right of others to protest.

They should have let him speak.

You couldn't resist attacking me could ya!
Try to stay classy next time!

Someone that talks about civil war coming has no place to criticize me about class.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I am happy to see few trying to call it out to what this garbage play is.

Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" is a "garbage" play! Mkay...

If any of this happened during the Obama administration PEOPLE WOULD BE IN JAIL!

It did happen, and nobody went to jail.

But there was no such backlash in 2012, when a collaboration between the Acting Company and the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis - which also received financial backing from Delta - mounted a contemporary remake of "Julius Caesar" in which the title character appeared to reference President Barack Obama. Caesar's character, of course, is brutally slain in the play.

"Because Caesar is cast as a tall, lanky black man, the Obama inference is a bit too obvious," wrote MSP Mag of the actor, Bjorn DuPaty. "But it fits, sort of. Like Caesar, Obama rose to power on a tide of public goodwill; like Caesar, there were many in government who doubted Obama's leadership abilities; and now that Obama's first term has failed to live up to the messianic hype, there are plenty of people who - for the good of the country, you understand, not their own glory - want to take Obama down."
www.courant.com...

A play about assassination a sitting President should be illegal.

Well, I disagree, but....This wasn't a play about the assassination of a sitting president.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ridiculous and censorial behavior. This should not be tolerated Ina free society.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

What do you suggest? Not protesting or not being offensive? The play was offensive yet the right continuously mocks the left getting upset about being offended. So now some right-wing folk get offended (justifiably, I might add) and they protest this offense. But now the right sees this triggered reaction as something they can understand. Maybe this means they'll start understanding it in an empathetic context, as well.

So... maybe this pendulum you are talking about is actually a mutual understanding that free speech and expression can hurt (something the right traditionally denies) and that protesting is a part of that free speech (another thing the right often denies).

But a civil war? Over what? Who would fight it? People triggered by racism and effigies of the president?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Something smells in GOTHAM...

Nothing like a disturbance of a NYTIMES sanctioned parody of a classic SHakespeare play depicting a sitting POTUS playing CAESAR being disrupted by someone who finds it in bad taste..

Cue the next 48HR MSM news cycle

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Ridiculous and censorial behavior. This should not be tolerated Ina free society.

Agreed. It's ridiculous, but in a free society you have the right to free speech and to protest.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Informer1958

A play about assassination a sitting President should be illegal.

Why?

I'm not being intentionally obtuse. It's just a play.

Plays don't kill people, guns do. Err. Wait...

Oh sh#t, just don't bring up Lincoln!

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln...how did you like the play?"

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Turns out this was likely a media stunt. Apparently a law was also broke and someone sits in jail.

Laura Loomer, who works for the alt-right website The Rebel, ran onto the stage during the performance and was promptly dragged away and booed by the crowd. As she interrupted the play, fellow blogger and conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec filmed the disturbance while screaming “Goebbels would be proud” at the audience.

nypost.com...

Say what you will but the collective we as in American citizens are nothing but pawns and fodder for this media war. From the ones orchestrating the play to the ones orchestrating the stage event, it is manufactured.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join