It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Reading the replies here, reading Pelosi's remarks, reading editorials online. . .

It's going to happen again.

It's going to continue.

Might as well put up a huge sign and say, "Kill people! There will be enough people to defend you!"

Nancy Pelosi is one of the most hateful angry women I have ever seen. Her partisan hatred has penetrated to her very core and become a part of what she is. She has taken on a dark dark persona. Wish she would retire.

Could not agree more.....it is a tossup who is worse....her or Mad Maxine Waters

link   

Reading the replies here, reading Pelosi's remarks, reading editorials online. . .

It's going to continue.

Might as well put up a huge sign and say, "Kill people! There will be enough people to defend you!"

Nancy Pelosi is one of the most hateful angry women I have ever seen. Her partisan hatred has penetrated to her very core and become a part of what she is. She has taken on a dark dark persona. Wish she would retire.

The same could be said about many of you here.

We can debate and disagree about politics with passion, with a little smart ass thrown in for flavor, but many of you take it to extremes consistently.

link   

It's going to continue.

I think she should go into jello wrestling.

link   

edit on 15-6-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: introvert

Well, I keep hearing that all we have to do is get the guns off the streets. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to finally get an answer... assuming no 2nd Amendment issues, can anyone suggest how we can get the guns off the streets?

TheRedneck

I don't think it's possible, even if the 2nd is adhered to. Gun buyback programs work, but not to such a degree that it would get all of the guns off the street. We can't invade everyone's homes. We can't change the laws to say that anyone convicted of any crime, and I mean any crime, cannot purchase weapons or own them.

It's simply never going to happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
And as predicted, the media's coverage of the gun has been wrong on pretty much all fronts.
SKS Rifle, not an AR or AK variant

Well, an SKS is really just a wooden stocked AK with no select fire, not sure why that article indicates they are so different.

Wonder what type of rounds hew was shooting, 7.62 is often a full metal jacket surplus round. It's about the same ballistically as a 30 30 winchester. You can buy expanding bullets for it, but most people just buy a case of surplus FMJ rounds as they are dirt cheap.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
If this is how you go through life, then surely you can never make any decisions.

I think it shows a serious lack of respect and regard for you to assume you know how someone else on here goes through life. My post didn't reflect an inability to make a decision. It reflect a non-desire to make a decision in a knee-jerk fashion, and just because YOU think you know all the details you need to know to condemn someone just because they "discharge a firearm" does not make it so or even responsible.

For example, none of us can see into the mind of any serial killer, so we don't know if we can condemn them.

Which is precisely why there are investigations, investigators, juries, prosecutors, and defense lawyers...to try and get some semblance of the truth and punish if applicable and acquit if not.

How can you condemn the person who sells a mentally ill person firearms?

I didn't say "sell" I said "allow"...whomever that irresponsible person may have been in that hypothetical.

How do you know what that seller was thinking?

See above.

But I guess we will not see you casting any judgements on any people, including politicians in the future, because you have no idea why they are taking the actions they are taking.

No. You will never, and likely never have seen me "cast judgement" without first having some concrete evidence on why I am making that judgement.
edit on 15-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: capncrunch88

And as predicted, the media's coverage of the gun has been wrong on pretty much all fronts.
SKS Rifle, not an AR or AK variant

Well, an SKS is really just a wooden stocked AK with no select fire, not sure why that article indicates they are so different.

Wonder what type of rounds hew was shooting, 7.62 is often a full metal jacket surplus round. It's about the same ballistically as a 30 30 winchester. You can buy expanding bullets for it, but most people just buy a case of surplus FMJ rounds as they are dirt cheap.

If you read the article, it explains why it indicates they're so different.

link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

If I have said it once, I have said it a dozen times. The far left is teetering on the brink.

Mass psychosis taking hold and their violence is palpable. Hang everyone in the WH? Really? We have some sick sick individuals believing some really hyped up $hi+ right now.

[[[Prayers of protection for our First Family]]]

CNN reported that an incident happened when Trumps Motercade was returning to the W.H. after the hospital visit.

The car hit a secret service agent that was trying to stop him. He rolled over the hood of the car.

A Secret Service spokesperson told CNN one officer was struck by the driver as he attempted to stop the car from continuing into the motorcade route. Authorities did not immediately release the suspect's name. The officer suffered minor injuries as he landed on the hood of the Gray Mazda SUV.

He was transported to a local hospital, according to a police report. The driver was arrested and charged with failure to obey and assault with a dangerous weapon-vehicle and taken to the second district police station for processing. The suspect told arresting officers he was not paying attention to the Secret Service officer but rather "another vehicle," and had no outstanding warrants, according to police. The suspect is set to appear in court Thursday and only faces a failure to obey charge.

So he drives into a secret service agent and only gets a slap on the wrist. There is more to this incident. They didn't release his name.
www.cnn.com...

link   

originally posted by: introvert

Well, I keep hearing that all we have to do is get the guns off the streets. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to finally get an answer... assuming no 2nd Amendment issues, can anyone suggest how we can get the guns off the streets?

TheRedneck

I don't think it's possible, even if the 2nd is adhered to. Gun buyback programs work, but not to such a degree that it would get all of the guns off the street. We can't invade everyone's homes. We can't change the laws to say that anyone convicted of any crime, and I mean any crime, cannot purchase weapons or own them.

Not to mention even if you could do all of that they would still come into the country illegally anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Liquesence
Do not feed the trolls.

(thunderwherever)

I'd like to know why none of the Trump supporters here ever denounce the obvious Russian trolls when they show up here. And they deny that Russia helped Trump. And they deny that Trump's whole admin was in constant secret meetings with Russia. Hang everyone in the white house for treason.

Really? You are so convinced of the Russia interference theory .

It's pretty obvious.

And how did you cope when Obama went to the UK and told them they would have to get in the back of the queue on trade agreements if they voted for Brexit? Or when, as a senator, he went to Kenya and rallied for Odinga's election?

Did you want him to face execution, too?

Are you our next Jared Loughner?

The Russian interference is obvious.

AND...so were Obama's statements and actions that were clearly intended to interfere in foreign elections.

WTH?

Is the only difference *partisan* in your mind?

I noticed you deleted your comment about hanging everyone in the White House for treason. But I took a screenshot because I honestly found it alarming...AS AN INDEPENDENT.

Get a grip SZ, before you act on stupid, partisan, knee-jerk feelings.

Which foreign election did Obama interfere in that you take issue with.

Odinga's election in Kenya. Not that I took issue with it, but if you are ready to hang the White House for treason because of Russia possibly interfering in our election, then surely Senator Obama outright campaigning with Odinga would be disturbing to you?

Neither one bothers me terribly though, TBH.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

TheRedneck

We can't invade everyone's homes. We can't change the laws to say that anyone convicted of any crime, and I mean any crime, cannot purchase weapons or own them.

Except in a situation where federal martial law is imposed, the governments military can take control of the civilian population through curfews and checkpoints to restore order.

I can imagine in my mind that in such a circumstance, house-to-house searches would occur with the intention of removing all weapons from every home in the US.

It's legally conceivable so it could, in theory, happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Well a lot of progress has been made in biometric trigger locks. That's always a good start, but in this case would have been rendered useless.

The guns aren't the real problem though. As face(abunchanumbers) pointed out rightly, if no guns were available he would have found another way. A gun he could easily have gotten was simply the fastest way for him to do it.

The brutal reality is unless you lock EVERYONE into a cell and watch them day and night, someone who wants to carry out these things WILL find a way.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

TheRedneck

We can't invade everyone's homes. We can't change the laws to say that anyone convicted of any crime, and I mean any crime, cannot purchase weapons or own them.

Except in a situation where federal martial law is imposed, the governments military can take control of the civilian population through curfews and checkpoints to restore order.

I can imagine in my mind that in such a circumstance, house-to-house searches would occur with the intention of removing all weapons from every home in the US.

It's conceivable but, and I realize this is just anecdotal, I think most vets would tell you the military would never cooperate with something like that unless it was done for a damn good reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I really wish some of you who post here had have a chance to live in a different world than where they post from...in some basement of their mom's house.

I've actually been out and seen the "World", across every ocean, across every pond...been there, done that.

I've seen the world beyond my comfy sphere, my little world, my bubble. I have.

Some of the little boy pundits who are "road warriors" here have lots of "fun" things to say, but to a person who has climbed aboard an aircraft to Asia, on numerous occasions, seven years actually, these feelings fail me.

I "lived" onboard a 747-400 for more than (5) years.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I really wish some of you who post here had have a chance to live in a different world than where they post from...in some basement of their mom's house.

My signature isn't really serious.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Not to mention even if you could do all of that they would still come into the country illegally anyway.

True. Let's also not forget that it does not take much in smarts or materials to build a "firearm" from household items.

All you need is a piece of pipe, an angled bracket, a piece of surgical tubing and a nail. Bam...find a round/shell that fits the diameter of the pipe and you have a gun.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

TheRedneck

In theory, but it is not a logical one. Firearms can be easily hidden. Firearms could easily be moved around from house to house, community to community as the military searches progress.

A little coordination is all that is needed.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I think most vets would tell you the military would never cooperate with something like that unless it was done for a damn good reason.

Agreed - it's extremely important that Americans don't let the meme of civil war or violent anti-government resistance manifest itself in reality, otherwise you will get your good reason and if you disagree with the martial law imposition you will be viewed as a target.

The US government does not # around, that much is obvious when it comes to meting out death to anyone who is deemed an enemy, the last 50 years alone have ample examples for this both domestically and abroad.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Attention Please

Please try and stay on topic by taking unrelated discussions to an appropriate thread.

Each other and opinions of each other is also not the topic. To avoid post removals or more serious actions, keep that in mind.

Thanks and do not reply to this post.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join