It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 96
<< 93  94  95   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

This is how problems start. I am NOT dismissing the atrocity itself and don't accuse me of that. It's abjectly false.

Intentionally, I don't think you are. But unintentionally, yes, your suggestion is something that can be seen as dismissive. To your credit, your adamant denial of any intent is a welcome clarification.

Including comedians in your list is disingenuous...anyone who finds it necessary to measure their political beliefs by the voice of a comedian should not even have the right to vote.

Agreed, but such do have the right to vote. I don't know of any possible way to rectify that situation in a society which views voter ID as racist.

The fact is that comedians do not have special rights nor an abdication of responsibility for their rhetoric. There is a line there, somewhat fuzzy to be sure, but a line nonetheless. Both those individuals have grossly crossed the line, and as such became pundits instead of comedians. If Sean Hannity cracks a joke, can he be abdicated of any responsibility for rhetoric by claiming comedian status? No, he would still be a pundit.

George Carlin, God bless his soul, was one of my favorite comedians in his early years... he spoke of political issues, but in non-political methods. In his later years, he turned into a pundit IMO, as he began to become politically biased (although he never resorted to the kind of hateful rhetoric we see today). Saturday Night Live tends to teeter on that line, sometimes pure comedy, sometimes pure pundit, usually a bit of both in various combinations. Just an few examples of how one can cross the line.

Keith Olberman a far-left anti-President Trump supporter

Then I owe you an apology. As I said, I do not know Keith Olberman.

In light of that, yes, your post was balanced. I withdraw my accusation.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not in his head. If I judge his motives as political then so was Dylan Roof's. Then we are in the beginnings of civil war if that is what it has come to. My personal opinion is that if you kill another human being other than defense, your mind is screwed up.

A shout out to those church members and families who handled that tragedy with dignity. Roof's victims were their family.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: UKTruth

I would suspect that maybe he wanted to shoot the would be rescuers. Thats why he left Scalise there.

Maybe he thought about ammo and figured Scalise was dead or would die soon, so conserve ammo.

I dont think he knew he was walking into police fire.

He probably read too many combat web pages, and was trying to push the officers into the open while moving himself to a better position.

So he stood and walked into their kill zone without laying down suppressive fire first so he could move around.

I suspect that he didn't have much of a plan at all. As a sniper, he was blessedly incompetent given the number of shots he supposedly fired and having only a few hits. Had he positioned himself better, he could have swept the field with fire and been shooting directly into the dugouts.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't claim to be, want to be, or need to be in his head. His overt actions and statements are clear enough for the blind to see, as were Dylan Roof's. The fact that Roof killed those poor, good people because of the color of their skin is not in dispute; he admitted it. The fact that Hodgkinson specifically targeted Republicans for being Republicans is not in dispute; his actions cannot be reasonably interpreted otherwise. Anything questioning either is just an attempt to muddy clear waters.

And I'll join you in that shout out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Your version is clear to you.
Serial killers hide their true nature. I.E. BTK was an active church member.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Was this the very same health bill that was passed for average Joe's, but the day after it was passed, it was so bad that Congress had to have a special session, to pull their tinder hearted selfs from it? Hmmm. Now they are saving the cattle, god love em, thanks guys

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
They said he shot about 100 times. What was he aiming at? The air?

But ya, a senior citizen with bad eye sight just decided to shoot up a political baseball game. I ain't saying he is a good shoot by any means.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Was maybe the first time the guy ever shot a gun.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Listen dude! Last time I shoot a gun was years ago, I admit. But it ain't rocket science, you aim at what you want dead and it dies. Its not hard, not by a long shot, even a child could do it with little practice.

This thing may have been some disgruntled older man for for whatever reason decided to shoot up them politicos playing baseball. But have you have seen a baseball field before yes? if this guy was anywere near a decent shoot, lots of people would be dead, not to mention if they did the whole thing there would be a bunch just sitting in the dugout all nice and lined up.

But anyways, its obvious this thing is some sort of weird politics thing, who knows maybe the guy ie gunman watched to much TV and the guy took it all serious for whatever reason. I don't know because I don't watch those political shows, its bad for you.

First of all, all of the shots weren't from the suspect. We don't have a full accounting of all the shots fired, that will be done by the investigative team. There were initially 2 officers shooting back and 2 more arrived within 3 minutes. So the suspect did not fire 50 to 100 shots.

I said that before, and the media said he fired 50 to 100 shoots, I said maybe all together with the cops maybe, 50 to 100 shoots aiming at people in a field is kind of a dead giveaway. I feel sorry for whoever got hit, but if this is any real assassination attempt like you say. They would all be dead most likely. So no, this is just a weird political people and hotheads over who knows what, Trump or Hillary most likely. Like that # means anything.

And yes a baseball field is open, and when there were people standing out in the open, they got hit. You're aware there were at least 4 victims shot, right? And I understand one was hit multiple times. After that everyone was behind cover, which makes it much harder to shoot people.

I am quite sure, but were on the field were they. If like the media portrayed literally on the field, its hard to outrun a bullet you know, and most baseball fields offer minimal cover, not to mention if they were all in the dugout like they do and are supposed to be when playing baseball. Sorry bro this story makes little sense.

I feel bad for whoever got hit, or the ones that got hit multiple times, I am just saying. This whole thing could have turned out a whole lot worse.

(Except Scalise, who was laying on the ground. Someone laying on the ground is actually a difficult target, especially when the shooter now only has a split second to pop out from behind his cover to take shots before receiving return fire from the defenders)

Now your just making # up. Generally its easier to hit a laying on the ground target, in war if you get hit in the leg while in the field and end up on the ground, your not magically harder to hit, even when people hunt game, whats easier to aim at and kill a moving duck or a stationary on the ground duck?

In fact most small caliber bullets were invented for that very reason, not to kill but to maim and have more people come in to help whoever got hit and is on the ground, and then its easy pickings.

What you say makes no sense, unless he got hit fell and somehow fell right behind a big boulder, it would be much more easier to hit a downed target then a moving target. I will overlook this as it makes no general sense.

So no logic doesn't dictate he should have hit more people and it doesn't mean he was carrying around a "sack full of bullets". At most, he just needed to be carrying a few magazines and reloaded once or twice, which he could've easily done behind cover. We don't even know for sure he reloaded.

So your saying it was one man, a senior citizen at that, running around with a riffle and a few guns. OK gotcha, makes sense now.

Want to see some Hollywood?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

In fact most small caliber bullets were invented for that very reason, not to kill but to maim and have more people come in to help whoever got hit and is on the ground, and then its easy pickings.
The projectiles used in war are limited to non expanding bullets, as dictated by the Hague convention. Someone came up with the bright idea that war is not about killing people but just incapacitating them. Don't kid yourself, a FMJ from a 7.62 x 39 will do serious damage to a human body, not as much as an expanding style bullet mind you.

The SKS fires 7.63 x 39 Russian rounds. It is very close ballistically to a 30-30 Winchester, a round that has taken more game on this continent than any other. I have not heard if the shooter was using expanding bullets or FMJ's, nobody has reported on that detail. You can buy hunting bullets of an expanding type for the Russian round.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I just had to say the clip from RD, one of my favorite top ten scenes.

I dont have anything to add beyond that.

edit on 6 20 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
OMG! I was just watching NBC, they said they are still trying to figure out what caused this shooting spree?

What a joke the lying MSM has be become, they incite violence and pretend to be innocent.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
OMG! I was just watching NBC, they said they are still trying to figure out what caused this shooting spree?

What a joke the lying MSM has be become, they incite violence and pretend to be innocent.

This is being ridiculously obtuse about it.

The inference is that the authorities are trying to figure out WHY he did it (the cause for him to snap), not where the bullets came from.

You are part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone
You must be living n a cave or you don't know what your talking about.

Everyone knows the MSM is the cause.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Sadly, Steve Scalise was readmitted to Intensive Care this evening..

""Doctors at the hospital where House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., has been recovering from a gunshot wound downgraded his condition from "fair" to "serious" Wednesday after he contracted an infection.

In a statement, MedStar Washington Hospital Center said Scalise had been re-admitted to the intensive care unit. The hospital added that it would provide another update Thursday.""

www.foxnews.com...

Hopefully, even a few Democrats are praying for him tonight.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Very sad, infection is not good.

I'm sure there are some democrats nursing him right now.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Very sad, infection is not good.

I'm sure there are some democrats nursing him right now.

Not good at all. Scalise's physicians said that Infection was the biggest threat during the early stages of his recovery. I don't know how long "early stages" last though.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It depends on the internal damage. Until the bleeding stops, he wiil be fighting infections. He's in a fight.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
As I understood it, the bullet/s hit bone and internal organs, probably intestines. That is a recipe for infection, which is never good but today's antibiotics are highly effective against most pathogens found in the gut. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
I'm not sure standards are the same everywhere but in my experience the early stages are when signs of healing begin to appear. The body stays in shock for a period of time after certain traumas and since surgery is a trauma and he's had to have multiple surgeries, he is probably still in the early stages of recovery.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just checking in to say I'm still praying for Steve Scalise.

In today's mass-produced, assembly-line news, it's easy to forget that he is still in serious shape, especially now with the infection. While we go on to the next news cycle, there is a human being lying in a hospital bed still fighting for his very life, and many more sitting in the waiting room worried sick.

This should have been a wakeup call for the extreme left fanatics (well, for all fanatics, actually), but sadly it seems to have taken a back seat to the latest anti-Trump propaganda. Bigly sad... very bigly sad.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 93  94  95   >>

join