It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: introvert

Was he????

I didn't know that!!

(seriously)

Yes, it's true. Just read it in his wiki.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Reading threads here on ATS there are people --- from BOTH sides --- that routinely post comments that easily rise to the level of those posted by the shooter. I sincerely hope someone is watching because I would hate for the next tragedy to have been committed by one of this community.

I wonder what "community" shooter Hodgkinson was a member of? Are there people in his online community now saying, "geez, I knew he was a hothead, but never thought he'd follow-through!"

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh what a shock. Hostile childish narcissistic conflict-loving Trump supporters who drink the tears of liberals... are facing.... hostility???

Maybe there's reason to appeal to goodness and hope and togetherness?

So. .

Are you saying we should be more like you or else more violence will occur?

Listen to yourself. You resist all reason.

So we should be more like you.

Ignore me. You should put importance on empathy, love, fairness and togetherness. Let it reflect in the policies you support.

I find it ironic that you apparently put importance on empathy, love, fairness and togetherness but like 90% of your posts spew vitriolic hatred.

Put importance on empathy, love, fairness, and togetherness and don't worry about me or my posts.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 15-6-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh what a shock. Hostile childish narcissistic conflict-loving Trump supporters who drink the tears of liberals... are facing.... hostility???

Maybe there's reason to appeal to goodness and hope and togetherness?

So. .

Are you saying we should be more like you or else more violence will occur?

Listen to yourself. You resist all reason.

So we should be more like you.

Ignore me. You should put importance on empathy, love, fairness and togetherness. Let it reflect in the policies you support.

I find it ironic that you apparently put importance on empathy, love, fairness and togetherness but like 90% of your posts spew vitriolic hatred.

Put importance on empathy, love, fairness, and togetherness and don't worry about me or my posts.

You seem to like forcing your beliefs on others.
So much for live and let live.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Put importance on...fairness, and togetherness.

Life's not fair and it never will be. People need to accept some unfairness and learn to cope.

And togetherness? We live in a two-party system designed to be bitterly divided. For every person that votes outside of those two parties, there are a hundred people ready to tell them they wasted their vote.

Togetherness is easier said than done. What are you doing for the cause of 'togetherness.' Shed some light, please.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So calling him out for hypocrisy today is fanning the flames of hatred and should not be done. But calling him a hypocrite in the future is ok?

Not exactly what I said. There will be pushback in either case, but the difference is that now would be condemning him for a proper action, while in the future would be condemning him for an improper action.

For example, I can easily say that your post calling for Acosta to have his press privileges revoked is fanning the flames of hate.

Why can you call out what he did wrong, but it is fanning hatred to call put Bernie?

Because Bernie denounced violence. Even though his denouncement was hypocritical in light of his 2011 statement, it is still the proper response.

Acosta's actions were improper; he purposely reported a story based on unverified information, and lied to make it appear truthful.

If Acosta apologizes, will you retract your demand he lose his credentials?

That would depend on the nature of his apology. I would not condemn him for apologizing, nor would I call him a hypocrit for publishing factual stories in the future... even though the term would be technically appropriate.

I already explained what I felt consistency would have been. He could have admitted his past comments were wrong, or he could have stood by them and applied the same logic to this incident.

I agree he should have apologized for his 2011 statements. That would have been preferable, certainly, and would have raised my respect for Bernie greatly.

However, I fail to see how, in this specific case, he could have been consistent. He demanded the impossible from McCain in 2011... how can one expect him then to perform the impossible in 2017?

There is no resolution to that demand.

I applaud your attempt to have civil discourse, but I disagree on what you think that excludes. I do not feel asking people to be consistent is fanning the flames of hatred.

I agree it is not, generally. My points are to this single specific complaint with Bernie. We should demand consistency, unless, as in this case, consistency would increase the divisiveness.

Bernie's remarks were appropriate. That is the difference.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/15/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: amazing

Okay, I think I understand your post. Let me ask you a question though...

On the theme of 'progressive terrorism', when progressives don't get their way they riot and start fires. Not all of them, but notably more than just a few. The MSM gladly shows video clip after video clip, non-stop around the clock, of this same violence, and people start rioting and setting fires in other cities. And so on, and so on.

How is this not terrorism again?

Oh, and "right wing media"??? What's that? Never heard of it.

Take the Berkley rioters. That's one college out of hundreds and probably like a couple dozen people when it's all said and done. That guy that shot the congressman? 1 guy who was mentally ill and snapped. What the media does is show us this stuff over and over again until we think it's an epidemic, when it's not. That's why it's not terrorism. You could say the media outlets are trying to terrorize us, and maybe that's true to an extent, but it's not progressive terrorism. It's why we shouldn't watch the news.

Right wing media is talk radio and fox news. I can give you a whole list of the people trying to divide us..like Hannity, Coulter, Limbaugh, OReilly, Prager...yes on the left too like Maher and Rachel Madow. But in her defense, Madow and most pundits on the left are more whiny and subtle. They aren't as good as the guys in the "Right Wing Media".

How's that?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

And already those that gave honorable speeches yesterday start to go back on it.

Here was Pelosi's comments today.

Pelosi said, “Let’s all say, let’s examine our conscience, let’s see how we can rid ourselves of our negative attitudes that go to a place that is like this. We’ve had—it didn’t use to be this way. Somewhere in the 1990s, Republicans decided on the politics of personal destruction as they went after the Clintons and that is the provenance of it and is what has continued. Again, I feel as if we’re having a family moment that is very, very serious and we’re talking about things that we can say, the discussion—save the discussion for another day. When you have a president that says I can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and nobody would care, when you have people saying beat them up and I’ll pay their legal fees, when you have all the assaults that are made on Hillary Clinton, for them to be so sanctimonious is something. I really am almost sad that I had to go down this path with you, because I don’t think it’s appropriate for us to have the fullest discussion of it. And it will be for another day. It will be for another day.”

www.breitbart.com...

This is why I am skeptical of celebrating hypocrites who seemed to suddenly say the right thing yesterday.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I will group this into a right wing group or an imam, since they can cause terror, when they say he had redical views but since he stopped coming around we forgot about it.

Sorry, if someone says they are going to kill someone you should take notice especially if it is multiple times. The guy who shot the Dallas police last year had radical postings.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

1 guy who was mentally ill and snapped.

Nah. He wasn't mentally ill. He was filled with hate and rage and stupidity. He didn't snap. He planned every bit of it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: TheRedneck

And already those that gave honorable speeches yesterday start to go back on it.

Here was Pelosi's comments today.

Pelosi said, “Let’s all say, let’s examine our conscience, let’s see how we can rid ourselves of our negative attitudes that go to a place that is like this. We’ve had—it didn’t use to be this way. Somewhere in the 1990s, Republicans decided on the politics of personal destruction as they went after the Clintons and that is the provenance of it and is what has continued. Again, I feel as if we’re having a family moment that is very, very serious and we’re talking about things that we can say, the discussion—save the discussion for another day. When you have a president that says I can shoot somebody on 5th Avenue and nobody would care, when you have people saying beat them up and I’ll pay their legal fees, when you have all the assaults that are made on Hillary Clinton, for them to be so sanctimonious is something. I really am almost sad that I had to go down this path with you, because I don’t think it’s appropriate for us to have the fullest discussion of it. And it will be for another day. It will be for another day.”

www.breitbart.com...

This is why I am skeptical of celebrating hypocrites who seemed to suddenly say the right thing yesterday.

This isn't surprising at least to me.....she is one of the most rabid liberals when it comes to spewing her opinions while putting her fingers in her ears and going "LALALALALALALALA"

You can expect that by weeks end both sides will be back to the same garbage of closed mindedness and an unwillingness to listen to the opposing views.....truly sad as the country can't afford this mindset much longer.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Leave Maher our of this he just calls it like it is. Maddow on the other hand is a sensationalist. And she is constantly spinning the message if hate. As far as the others you mentioned I don't know well with the exception of Hanitty started watching him when he was paired with colmes. He is very good at arguing and I'll say he always tried to be fair even though I disagreed with him alot.

(post by thunderfoot removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thunderfoot

originally posted by: queenofswords

Nah. He wasn't mentally ill. He was filled with hate and rage and stupidity. He didn't snap. He planned every bit of it.

All libs are mentally ill.

And this is the problem people like you. You demonize the other side based off nothing more than there opinions differ from yours. People need to learn that a different opinion on topics doesn't mean your evil or mentally ill. People like you that deal in absolutes are the real danger.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: thunderfoot

All libs are mentally ill.

And this is the problem people like you. You demonize the other side based off nothing more than there opinions differ from yours. People need to learn that a different opinion on topics doesn't mean your evil or mentally ill. People like you that deal in absolutes are the real danger.

I don't agree with what he said but until he starts shooting people I wouldn't call him "the real danger".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's time to take the guns away from people just like trump has planned.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Maher is a loud mouther schmuck now adays. Loved the talking to het just got from Cube. To be honest 10 years ago I could tolerate him but he seems so scripted now. All of them do. Only one can I attempt to tolerate is Fallon on TV as a comedian.

I understand the need to make fun of people. SNL news does a good job and even when they go overboard it is ok but comedy and news have blurred for lots and lots of people. It is sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
All this talk about previous shooters that had frequented here, and people in this thread essentially defending the logic of the shooting spree this deranged lone wolf terrorist went on...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Lot's of people are filled with hate and rage and stupidity but they don't snap because they aren't mentally ill.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join