It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Sadly, we will be given the opportunity so see the honesty of our leaders soon enough when (not if) another attack occurs.

Be it from the right or the left, it will happen again and we'll all get to witness sincerity.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Why would anyone ever agree to that nonsense? If Trump's rhetoric were to, in fact, incite violence, then by dismissing as much would be far more remiss than portraying the facts as they stand.

Wow...now there's some circular logic!!

edit on 6/15/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You guys always have the option to stay ignorant. Keep supporting a guy who only knows how to insult and demean those who disagree with him. Keep ignoring all observable reality. Keep pushing for policies that hurt people, such as deportations that destroy families, or taking away people's healthcare. Keep rejecting empathy. Keep insisting that the free press is the enemy of the people and global scientific consensus is to be ignored. Continue with this ridiculous head-up-your-own-#ss approach. I personally think that's a loser's move... but I understand... you guys have painted yourself into this corner of solitude and ignorance. You just have to feign ignorance to the very end I guess. Sucks to be you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Keep defending terrorists.

And blahblahblah. . . entitlements, blah.

Blahblah.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Grambler

No one is perfect. Bernie's position, assuming his sincerely, is reasonable IMO. His position in 2011 was not, again IMO. If I assume sincerely, Bernie has now gone from unreasonable to reasonable... a good thing. He should be applauded.

If he again reverses to an unreasonable position, then is the time to call him out for hypocrisy in addition to his position.

I know it is not your intent, but in this case it appears you want to beat the donkey with a carrot and feed him a stick.

TheRedneck

I admire your gravitating towards wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, however I think if he had done some soul searching and thought his 2011 position was unreasonable, he probably would've said more. I bet if someone in the media had the balls to ask him, he would attempt to equivocate and rationalize his 2011 position as somehow justified, while trying to spin a ridiculous explanation of how such a position towards the left in regard to yesterday is still unjustified. Unless he comes out and says his 2011 position was wrong, I take his statement yesterday as simply being a politician. I doubt he learned anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

(THUD!!) Seriously???? People get shot...and this is your response???

Obfuscate much???

WOW!!

You know, the really upsetting part of your post (to me anyway) is the fact that it appears you actually believe and think this way. In the face of a wanton crime, you ignore the events because you are blinded by the zeal of your political agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Looks like Jim Accosta from CNN decided to make up a fake source to claim POTUS didnt visit with the injured congressman when in reality POTUS did.

Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 5h5 hours ago

Breaking: CNN Jim Acosta Admits to Faking Sources

Apparently his "source" was another WH reporter who sent him an email.

Apparently a reporter is considered a WH official. Such bull# from the left.

Costa is an absolute scum bag. What a pathetic tweet.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Looks like Jim Accosta from CNN decided to make up a fake source to claim POTUS didnt visit with the injured congressman when in reality POTUS did.

Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 5h5 hours ago

Apparently his "source" was another WH reporter who sent him an email.

Apparently a reporter is considered a WH official. Such bull# from the left.

Yes, someone please make a thread. Who can forget this classic featuring, yet again, the poster boy for very fake news Acosta:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I guess that might include you, 95% is a lot of people.

Yep that includes me, and I hope you. Condemning someone shooting people is a pretty standard stance, not one that I feel is in itself reason for applause.

Why would anyone ever agree to that nonsense? If Trump's rhetoric were to, in fact, incite violence, then by dismissing as much would be far more remiss than portraying the facts as they stand.

In a way you are correct. I guess if Trump comes out and says "I want my supporters to shoot people!" then you would have a point.

But barring that, the rednecks stance (I hope I am not mischaracterizing this) is that he does not feel the democrats rhetoric is responsible for this shooting, and he disagreed with Bernie's statement that right wing rhetoric needed to be condemned in light of the Gifford shooting, but did not make those claims after the Scalise shooting, and for that he is to be applauded.

And so if Bernie in the future would blame right wing rhetoric on violence (barring an actual for violence) he would again be falling back into the wrong mentality.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
You guys always have the option to stay ignorant. Keep supporting a guy who only knows how to insult and demean those who disagree with him. Keep ignoring all observable reality. Keep pushing for policies that hurt people, such as deportations that destroy families, or taking away people's healthcare. Keep rejecting empathy. Keep insisting that the free press is the enemy of the people and global scientific consensus is to be ignored. Continue with this ridiculous head-up-your-own-#ss approach. I personally think that's a loser's move... but I understand... you guys have painted yourself into this corner of solitude and ignorance. You just have to feign ignorance to the very end I guess. Sucks to be you.

All of this talk of empathy, yet its not empathy to force others to pay for your ideals.

You have computer access, so obviously you have some spare income. Take in an illegal family.

Buy someone health care. You are not a good person because you want others to pay for other peoples stuff.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Oh what a shock. Hostile childish narcissistic conflict-loving Trump supporters who drink the tears of liberals... are facing.... hostility???

Maybe there's reason to appeal to goodness and hope and togetherness?
edit on 15-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh what a shock. Hostile childish narcissistic conflict-loving Trump supporters who drink the tears of liberals... are facing.... hostility???

So. .

Are you saying we should be more like you or else more violence will occur?

link   

Yes, I would guess a good start to that would top not consider a person who disagrees with something like Obamacare to be evil.

You know, like you have been doing this whole thread.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

All of this talk of empathy, yet its not empathy to force others to pay for your ideals.

You have computer access, so obviously you have some spare income. Take in an illegal family.

Buy someone health care. You are not a good person because you want others to pay for other peoples stuff.

It IS empathy when I and others elect to put our money to help others have healthcare they need. It's called selflessness. It's called goodness, and for most decent people that actually feels good inside.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Damn hes good.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Wow...now there's some circular logic!!

What he meant to say is that he is going to pile on at any opportunity to blame Trump for inciting violence, whilst ignoring the hatred from the left when they do the same.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So. .

Listen to yourself. You resist all reason.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You guys always have the option to stay ignorant. Keep supporting a guy who only knows how to insult and demean those who disagree with him. Keep ignoring all observable reality.

I'm sorry....of whom do you speak? If I remember correctly there was an insulting and demeaning a plenty from all concerned this past election cycle.....

Keep pushing for policies that hurt people, such as deportations that destroy families, or taking away people's healthcare.

Thanks, I will! If people don't want their families broken up by deportations I have a simple solution.....don't break the laws by coming to this country ILLEGALLY......do it the right way like all the others that did before them since the countries founding.

Do you mean that health care bill that is an abject failure and has insurance premiums skyrocketing and has insurance companies bailing out of it left and right? Seems to me that leaving that in place is far more detrimental than trying to come up with something else.....just my .02.

Keep rejecting empathy. Keep insisting that the free press is the enemy of the people and global scientific consensus is to be ignored. Continue with this ridiculous head-up-your-own-#ss approach. I personally think that's a loser's move... but I understand... you guys have painted yourself into this corner of solitude and ignorance.

blah, blah, blah, insult, insult, insult......really isn't worth a response more than that

BTW: There hasn't been an actual "free press" in a great many years. They are just propaganda arms for the two political parties with the liberal ones being far more open about their bias this election cycle.

You just have to feign ignorance to the very end I guess. Sucks to be you.

ditto

edit on 15-6-2017 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

edit on 15-6-2017 by Darkphoenix77 because: missed an actual question

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So. .

Listen to yourself. You resist all reason.

So we should be more like you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My apologies for the delay in reply, I had to wait for the trembling to ebb prior to responding.

/extreme sarcasm

Hostility? Are you hostile? I don't see any hostility really, only despair at the inevitability that truth will prevail. Despair that the lies which have been foisted upon the American people for the last few years aren't working, and now being exposed for what they are; lies. I see people reaching for a response, any response, just to have something to say which sounds to have merit in the face of an impossible and indefensible posture.

That's what I see.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join