It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

What they said (Bernie included) was fine yesterday. The problem is that I can't believe they are sincere when they had such an opposite reaction to past incidents.

I would totally forgive Bernie if he would say something like "I regret making the comments I did aftyer the Gifford shooting. It is now my position that the only person to blame for this incident is the man who shot the people" or "Much as I did in response to the Gifford incident, I am calling for a toning down in rhetoric from all sides, myself included"

Any of that would be fine. But until then, I find his words hollow.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I heard that Steve Scalise is in very critical condition, lots of internal organs damage, hope he makes a full recovery, but he may face more surgeries as his prognostic improve.

So sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sorry, it was already in chaos. Trying to blame Trump is a cop out...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I agree his words haunt him, and I completely understand your position. But... I choose to stop the hate. And guess who I'm starting with?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

From rumors I am hearing, there's a very good chance he will be in a wheelchair the rest of his life. All because of one man who thought taking lives was acceptable in a political debate.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

But I don't think its hate to demand consistency from ourselves and our representatives.

I will grant you that I too believe change starts with ourselves. But if we can't call out hypocrisy, how we will ever know what further change is needed?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Consistency is a virtue of the dead.

Everything else is in a constant state of flux.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh my, that is not good, I thought that the doctors didn't know if the bullet damage his spine yet.

But that his intestines and bladder had damage.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Consistency is a virtue of the dead.

Everything else is in a constant state of flux.

Sure. So do you think Bernies hypocrisy here is bad?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

No one is perfect. Bernie's position, assuming his sincerely, is reasonable IMO. His position in 2011 was not, again IMO. If I assume sincerely, Bernie has now gone from unreasonable to reasonable... a good thing. He should be applauded.

If he again reverses to an unreasonable position, then is the time to call him out for hypocrisy in addition to his position.

I know it is not your intent, but in this case it appears you want to beat the donkey with a carrot and feed him a stick.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I guess we will agree to disagree.

I don't see how calling people out for their hypocritical statements is hate, nor do I see how ignoring this will somehow help solve the problem.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Since it could have been or could end up being Bernie and his boys getting shot at this this culture of civil war the left has been stirring up, im surprised he didnt have a whole lot more to say against it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks like Jim Accosta from CNN decided to make up a fake source to claim POTUS didnt visit with the injured congressman when in reality POTUS did.

Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 5h5 hours ago

Breaking: CNN Jim Acosta Admits to Faking Sources

Apparently his "source" was another WH reporter who sent him an email.

Apparently a reporter is considered a WH official. Such bull# from the left.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Perhaps, but allow me to attempt to explain myself one more time.

Consider a young child who throws his toys at people. The parents scold and punish him to get him to stop throwing his toys and play with them instead. One day, the child decides to play with his toys instead of throwing them. A reasonable parent will heap praise on the child rather than scolding him more for being inconsistent.

Consider a young child who plays well with his toys. The parents are happy with his behavior. Then one day the child starts throwing his toys. The parents, at that point, are perfectly reasonable to scold and discipline the child.

You asked TrueBrit above

Sure. So do you think Bernies hypocrisy here is bad?
I do not think it is bad; I think it is a good change from his previous statements, just like the child who stopped throwing toys and began to play with them. Bernie deserves respect for his statements now, not more condemnation for changing from unreasonable statements he made 6 years ago. That does no good for anyone. It tells Bernie that he is branded and there is no reason to change his position, it angers those on the other side of the aisle, and it destroys any chance of actual cooperation and compromise.

Is that what you want?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Jim Acosta should have his press privileges revoked.

Not only did Trump visit both Scalise and the security officer, but the motorcade appeared to have been hastily thrown together to get him to the hospital as fast as possible. Fox reported last night the route had not even been cleared and the Presidential Motorcade actually was observing traffic signals.

That is a logistics nightmare for the Secret Service, and I have no doubt they were strongly advising Trump to wait.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Looks like Jim Accosta from CNN decided to make up a fake source to claim POTUS didnt visit with the injured congressman when in reality POTUS did.

Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 5h5 hours ago

Apparently his "source" was another WH reporter who sent him an email.

Apparently a reporter is considered a WH official. Such bull# from the left.

This really deserves it's own thread.
I may be completely wrong but isn't this the same journalist that Sean Spicer threatened to remove?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

But words are cheap. Of course its easy for Bernie to now just to condemn the actions of one individual and not blame rhetoric when its his side.

Your toy example is not a good example.

Consider a parent who has their childs toys broke by another child. That parent condemns the kid that broke the toy, but also blames the parents.

Then the next week, their child breaks the others toys, and they say it was wrong of their child, but don't feel that they are to blame. I am not going to praise these parents for nobly blaming their child, because they are acting hypocritical.

Bernie is not a child. It is easy for everyone to just condemn violence. What would be noble and difficult is to be consistent, which he has not been.

And why does bernie deserve respect for merely condemning violence? Literally 95% of people say that. Its hollow words if your position isn't consistent.

I guess we will see. But I want to get you on the record, if Bernie even once from this point on blames any violence on Trumps rhetoric, will you admit that his statement yesterday was just lip service?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Oddly enough, I can see some common sense in that theme.

However, Sanders might have been better off by not so carefully selecting his words so as to distance himself from this asshat and just sticking to the theme of calling out the vile nature of the acts themselves, and the categorical unacceptability of them.

edit on 6/15/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Literally 95% of people say that.

I guess that might include you, 95% is a lot of people.

But I want to get you on the record, if Bernie even once from this point on blames any violence on Trumps rhetoric, will you admit that his statement yesterday was just lip service?

Why would anyone ever agree to that nonsense? If Trump's rhetoric were to, in fact, incite violence, then by dismissing as much would be far more remiss than portraying the facts as they stand.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join