It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The Clinton years were mild and tepid compared to now.

Apples and oranges.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is very sad, what a sicko

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

This rising tide of hate started under Obama with the rise of his SJW hordes.

I seem to also remember a lot of Obama hate, calling him the n word, a few people wanting him killed. Both sides have to own some of this hatred.

True, but I don't remember any celebrities doing mock beheadings on TV and making music videos showing him being murdered. What we've seen over the past few months has taken it to a whole new level.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Just a little truth for people who can't handle it.

One thing that I am constantly puzzled about with the left, when is it the person who actually does the action or lack of action at fault? It seems no matter what, the blame is towards someone or something else and the actual person is never responsible.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

And here we have it.

Scalise deserved to be shot because people didn't vote for Hillary.

And here we have it. The giant leap of logic. Who said anyone deserved to be shot? Try again.

The retarded progressives are saying it, read between the lines.
Oh, I forgot, you are one of them, you're not smart enough to read between the lines.

link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: introvert

The Clinton years were mild and tepid compared to now.

Apples and oranges.

Yet it was still hate.

Therefore, your comment was incorrect and absolutely absurd.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: texasgirl
Congresswoman Claudia Tenney says she received a threatening email:

"One down, 216 to go..."

Anyone else hear about that?

Yes.
thehill.com...

Thank you! I'm on my phone and having posting issues.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually, I think it's kind of interesting that the narrative coming from many of the Congressmen interviewed today has been about the media climate and/or political rhetoric and not guns (yes I know they are GOP) or the mental health system. Even in the face of being shot at. so, if you are a conspiracy theorist, and many of us are, you have to look at what the end game might be. State sanctioned media? Internet crack down? Many people claimed the Giffords shooting was about gun control. Sandy Hook too. So what's the over-reactive "solution" to this problem?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

a reply to: spiritualzombie

The only HATE, is from the violent leftists.

Open your eyes, buddy.

I did. A long time ago.

I could tell you the same, but you'd have to wake up first.

Shoulda told him to "get woke bro." That's way cooler.

Anybody that thinks that one extreme has the trademark on hate, vitriol, and capacity for violence and the other extreme doesn't is a moron.

Not denying that at all.

Just saying that the left has a greater propensity to use violence and hate to further their agenda.

When was the last time the right went out and rioted, and burned things down because they didn't get their way?

I've been on this planet for 45 years now, and I've NEVER seen it this bad.

Almost as long here and you are right.....things have not ever been as bad or as divisive as they are now except for maybe back in the decade or so before the Civil War (granted I wasn't there to see it first hand), which contrary to popular belief was not solely about slavery as much as it was a general political division between the North and the South. God help us all if we don't learn from history and go down that road again......

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Except that's not what you said.

Allow me to refresh your memory:

The only HATE, is from the violent leftists.
No qualifications at all, simply that all the hate is coming from violent leftists.

If you're unsure as to the potential of right-wing extremists to carry out violent acts, I'd like to let you know about a little thing called the KKK, and this other little thing that's happened once or twice where some Christian zealot walks into an abortion clinic and starts slaughtering people. Oh and there was this thing out in Portland a few weeks ago where a white supremacist (who had switched over from being a Bernie fan, to be fair) stabbed some folks.

So is the extreme right going out and burning cars and looting right now? Nope. But you didn't say right now.

Not sure how you've been around 45 years and not heard of those, but it sounds like you've got some reading to do.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: DBCowboy

Actually, I think it's kind of interesting that the narrative coming from many of the Congressmen interviewed today has been about the media climate and/or political rhetoric and not guns (yes I know they are GOP) or the mental health system. Even in the face of being shot at. so, if you are a conspiracy theorist, and many of us are, you have to look at what the end game might be. State sanctioned media? Internet crack down? Many people claimed the Giffords shooting was about gun control. Sandy Hook too. So what's the over-reactive "solution" to this problem?

Or maybe their position on guns is their honest heartfelt position and not just a play to get votes from the gullible, so this event had no impact on their thoughts on guns?

I think the only endgame you're gonna see from this is maybe something authorizing funds for all of Congress to have security.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
[

I think the only endgame you're gonna see from this is maybe something authorizing funds for all of Congress to have security.

I think that's a good guess. Draconian limitations on the public's access to their elected officials. Especially following all the disastrous town halls. In fact, talking head on CNN talking about this exact thing.

link   

It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

That makes as much sense as blaming Shakespeare for writing that play about a-sassy-natin Trump.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Who do you think started the KKK? You are assuming that all KKK's are republicans. I hate to break it to you, but your wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It just seems as if someone really wants a war. What a shame.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I seem to also remember a lot of Obama hate, calling him the n word, a few people wanting him killed. Both sides have to own some of this hatred.

Do you remember the 99%ers protests/riots across the country? Do you remember the anti-cop protests/riots? What we see today is all that and more that is pretty much all coming from the left because it started from the left under Obama.

They just have something new to hate and when you are a liberal/progressive already with all that hate under Obama it is like winning the lottery of hate with a Republican in the White House.

It wasn't that Trump won it was that Hillary lost that threw gas on a already blazing fire of hate that been building up for the last 8 years.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Don't pretend to have any insight to my "assumptions." Instead of assuming what you think I meant, stick to what I said.

I know it's a rare thing on ATS, but I'm one of those folks that says what I mean without any need for others to come along and interpret what they think I really meant with my post. It makes it easier to attack another person's comments when you ignore what they've said and substitute your own version of their comment, but it's pathetically lazy. No need for that, give that gray matter a little exercise.

ETA - lets not forget that the Democrats of today used to be called Republicans, and vice versa. So if you're trying to go down the road of "democrats started the KKK!" you should probably remember that teeny tiny little tidbit about political platforms.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

(post by SouthernForkway26 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: face23785
[

I think that's a good guess. Draconian limitations on the public's access to their elected officials. Especially following all the disastrous town halls. In fact, talking head on CNN talking about this exact thing.

Them having a security guard or two with them doesn't prevent you from having access to them, it just makes it harder for you to assault or attempt to murder them while you enjoy your access. Problem?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkphoenix77

Almost as long here and you are right.....things have not ever been as bad or as divisive as they are now except for maybe back in the decade or so before the Civil War (granted I wasn't there to see it first hand), which contrary to popular belief was not solely about slavery as much as it was a general political division between the North and the South. God help us all if we don't learn from history and go down that road again......

The 60s were all fun and games?

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join