It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: face23785

I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not asking them to be superhuman, just to avoid speculation when they're not sure about something. Making a mistake is one thing, that's human. Making a conscious decision to put info out that may or may not be accurate, and you know it may not be accurate, that's not a mistake. That's bad journalism.

I can agree. It is bad journalism, but we cannot forget that they are providing a product to masses of people that want to know everything instantly.

Supply-demand.

I get the emphasis on speed, but I think it's over-emphasized. If you ask any particular person why they watch a particular network, most people I know don't base this off of who is fastest to report. Most of the folks I know value accuracy over speed, and they won't switch networks just because one got the caliber out there first, especially if it turns out to be wrong.

I will respectfully disagree there. It's my opinion that accuracy has very little to do with it. People get the news from sources that provide confirmation bias.

I was actually going to qualify that with (at least what they consider accurate), so we're actually in agreement there too I think.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

The only HATE, is from the violent leftists.

That's absurd. Hate comes from all sorts of people in many different forms. You cannot combat ignorance and broad, incorrect generalizations with one of your own.

They are equally illogical.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not asking them to be superhuman, just to avoid speculation when they're not sure about something. Making a mistake is one thing, that's human. Making a conscious decision to put info out that may or may not be accurate, and you know it may not be accurate, that's not a mistake. That's bad journalism.

I can agree. It is bad journalism, but we cannot forget that they are providing a product to masses of people that want to know everything instantly.

Supply-demand.

I get the emphasis on speed, but I think it's over-emphasized. If you ask any particular person why they watch a particular network, most people I know don't base this off of who is fastest to report. Most of the folks I know value accuracy over speed, and they won't switch networks just because one got the caliber out there first, especially if it turns out to be wrong.

I will respectfully disagree there. It's my opinion that accuracy has very little to do with it. People get the news from sources that provide confirmation bias.

I was actually going to qualify that with (at least what they consider accurate), so we're actually in agreement there too I think.

Fair enough. Glad to find common ground.

(post by poncho1982 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

This rising tide of hate started under Obama with the rise of his SJW hordes. People who had gottwn everything they ever bitched about, and now all that was left was all out war on the streets. 2011 was the year they unveiled the Progressive Stack re-iteration of Critical Race Theory, the libetals manifesto for a few decades previous. As this new mivement armed with PC/PS ezploded across social media, eggedon by tye DNC & MSM, the BLM phase of the militant SJW agenda unpeashed in 2013. And there was no turning back from all out exremism growing to entrench the liberal mainstream.

Trump just so happened to be particularly talentes at teiggering the triggerables, bit it was always going to be chaos and anarchy out of the DNC whether Hillary won or not, whether Trump was involved or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Lobbyist Matthew Mikas is also in critical condition. He must've been the one shot in the chest.

Prayers to him and his family!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

This rising tide of hate started under Obama with the rise of his SJW hordes. People who had gottwn everything they ever bitched about, and now all that was left was all out war on the streets. 2011 was the year they unveiled the Progressive Stack re-iteration of Critical Race Theory, the libetals manifesto for a few decades previous. As this new mivement armed with PC/PS ezploded across social media, eggedon by tye DNC & MSM, the BLM phase of the militant SJW agenda unpeashed in 2013. And there was no turning back from all out exremism growing to entrench the liberal mainstream.

Trump just so happened to be particularly talentes at teiggering the triggerables, bit it was always going to be chaos and anarchy out of the DNC whether Hillary won or not, whether Trump was involved or not.

Actually, the hatred started hitting stupid proportions back in 2000 when Bush beat Gore. The left started their meltdown on that day.

Before that, at least everyone worked together, for the most part.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Wow this guy didn't like base ball at all.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fshhhh, whatever.

I'm so much better than you simply because I believe and think differently. Prove me wrong!

link   

That's absurd. Hate comes from all sorts of people in many different forms. You cannot combat ignorance and broad, incorrect generalizations with one of your own.

They are equally illogical.

Not as absurd as claiming Trump used hate to get elected.

I'd go so far as to say Obama used hate to get elected, if that were the case.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Congresswoman Claudia Tenney says she received a threatening email:

"One down, 216 to go..."

Anyone else hear about that?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

GET WOKE BRO

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Congresswoman Claudia Tenney says she received a threatening email:

"One down, 216 to go..."

Anyone else hear about that?

Yes.
thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Yeah, more class from leftists.

link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Actually, the hatred started hitting stupid proportions back in 2000 when Bush beat Gore. The left started their meltdown on that day.

Before that, at least everyone worked together, for the most part.

What about the hatred that brewed during Clinton's presidency? Wasn't it the Right that was spewing hate with the likes of people like Limbaugh attacking Bill and even calling his wife "keg legs"?

Hatred comes from all sides and in all forms.

Let's not be naive and forget that.

link   

This rising tide of hate started under Obama with the rise of his SJW hordes.

I seem to also remember a lot of Obama hate, calling him the n word, a few people wanting him killed. Both sides have to own some of this hatred.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

a reply to: spiritualzombie

Open your eyes, buddy.

I did. A long time ago.

I could tell you the same, but you'd have to wake up first.

Shoulda told him to "get woke bro." That's way cooler.

Anybody that thinks that one extreme has the trademark on hate, vitriol, and capacity for violence and the other extreme doesn't is a moron.

Not denying that at all.

Just saying that the left has a greater propensity to use violence and hate to further their agenda.

When was the last time the right went out and rioted, and burned things down because they didn't get their way?

I've been on this planet for 45 years now, and I've NEVER seen it this bad.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Aaaand we now have MSM talking points!

Just a little truth for people who can't handle it.

I don't think it's all Trump, although he is a big part of the problem here. But right wing media that went on full hate mode while Obama was in Office. Trump is just a byproduct of that but not the root cause.

As president he has a job to at least TRY to keep the country united. He instead used hate and division to win an election. He villifies all who oppose him. If he was a true leader he would show a real sense of unity. A real appreciation for differing points of view. I guarantee he continues to be the divisive little sh#t he's always been.

Oh BS.

You can't compare "Crooked Hillary" "Little Marco" or "Lyin Ted" to "The Deplorables" and all the accusations and names thrown at Trump and supporters. Too many to list.

You people own the violence. You people own the hysterical vitriol and death threats 24/7 everywhere.

Just be careful what you people sow.

There are a lot of ignorant people out there.

link   

Not as absurd as claiming Trump used hate to get elected.

Well, he did. But at least you admit to your own absurdity, regardless of it's level.

I'd go so far as to say Obama used hate to get elected, if that were the case.

So you would say it, but you can't because it's not true.

Ok.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join