It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It is odd. He was alert in the video when they wheeled him off and then later reported as being in "stable" condition. Now, critical after surgery. You'd think surgery would improve things at least. Maybe he lost a lot of blood? There were reports of them using a belt for a tourniquet at the field.

They used a tourniquet on someone else. Scalise was shot in the hip. You can't apply a tourniquet there.

Him being listed as critical after surgery isn't necessarily suspect just because he was talking before. I wish we could get a doctor in here to explain all the ins and outs of the "condition" labels.

It was Rogers' staffer who was shot in the leg that they used a belt for the tourniquet. They applied hand pressure to Scalise's hip wound.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

Aaaand we now have MSM talking points!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's all Trump. I know that's not fair. I know we all want it to be equal. But it was Trump who used hate to win an election. And now this rising tide of hate is ALL his. Whether it comes from his side or the other side. Trump's lack of leadership, his lack of wisdom, and his penchant for conflict DID this.

Trump should own this. He should grow from it. But he won't. Because he's not a leader.

Just a little truth for people who can't handle it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What's creepy is this guy was a home inspector. Going into people's houses. And he was a loon...

Lots of real estate companies on his FB.

I wonder how many people really knew him on FB. I went through his posting history and barely anyone liked or commented. Most of the time, no one did. IIRC, he had about 350+ FB friends though.

He has a decently long history on FB (back to 2013/2014), but no one really liked anything he posted or talked to him. In fact, on one of his birthdays, only one person wished him a HBD.

I also went to a Bernie FB group he belonged to and no one seemed to recall him there. One person said they were suspicious of him being a Bernie volunteer because no one remembered him.

Just stuff I am keeping in the back of my mind.

edit on 14-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I don't think it's all Trump, although he is a big part of the problem here. But right wing media that went on full hate mode while Obama was in Office. Trump is just a byproduct of that but not the root cause.

link   

Will you own your ignorance?
Doubtfully, but go ahead and place blame where you like. The ignorance you possess is impressive!

link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Yep. Own it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not asking them to be superhuman, just to avoid speculation when they're not sure about something. Making a mistake is one thing, that's human. Making a conscious decision to put info out that may or may not be accurate, and you know it may not be accurate, that's not a mistake. That's bad journalism.

I can agree. It is bad journalism, but we cannot forget that they are providing a product to masses of people that want to know everything instantly.

Supply-demand.

I get the emphasis on speed, but I think it's over-emphasized. If you ask any particular person why they watch a particular network, most people I know don't base this off of who is fastest to report. Most of the folks I know value accuracy over speed, and they won't switch networks just because one got the caliber out there first, especially if it turns out to be wrong.

I will respectfully disagree there. It's my opinion that accuracy has very little to do with it. People get the news from sources that provide confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I didn't know Maxine Waters had an ATS account.

(post by D8Tee removed for a manners violation)
(post by Konduit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I don't think it's all Trump, although he is a big part of the problem here. But right wing media that went on full hate mode while Obama was in Office. Trump is just a byproduct of that but not the root cause.

As president he has a job to at least TRY to keep the country united. He instead used hate and division to win an election. He villifies all who oppose him. If he was a true leader he would show a real sense of unity. A real appreciation for differing points of view. I guarantee he continues to be the divisive little sh#t he's always been.
edit on 14-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And here we have it.

Scalise deserved to be shot because people didn't vote for Hillary.

And here we have it. The giant leap of logic. Who said anyone deserved to be shot? Try again.

You're the one implying that it's all Trump's fault that anyone was shot today. If I made a giant leap of logic, I was only piggy-backing off your own.

But I'm glad that you can recognize one based off your personal experience making them.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You know, at some point you have to acknowledge the fact that this man was responsible for his own actions.

I don't care WHAT you THINK Trump did, this man made a conscious decision to open fire on innocent people.

His fault, 100%.

Not Trump's.

I just cannot believe we've gotten to a point where anyone would even considers this to be excusable, because Trump.

The only HATE, is from the violent leftists.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The only HATE, is from the violent leftists.

Open your eyes, buddy.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The problem is that we now have groups who have very different ideas of what congress should be doing for the citizens.

One group wants them to take care of us like mommy and daddy used to, and the other groups wants to them to get out of our way and simply make sure we have the space needed to care for ourselves.

It's not very easy to reconcile those competing mindsets within the population.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

As president he has a job to at least TRY to keep the country united. He instead used hate and division to win an election. He villifies all who oppose him. If he was a true leader he would show a real sense of unity. A real appreciation for differing points of view. I guarantee he continues to be the divisive little sh#t he's always been.

Actually, I agree. Trump was very divisive and used hate to his advantage in the campaign.

But we cannot blame him for this. This was the act of an obviously disturbed individual. One could hope Trump would see how polarized we have become and change his tune a bit, but to blame him would be missing the forest for the trees.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Wow....just wow lol

It is not surprising to see that in my months long hiatus away from ATS that some posters have not changed one iota and things that they type are as completely delusional and ignorant as ever......

seriously dude.....How can you even type something so idiotic with a straight face?

The left was every bit as hysteric as the right was with the vitriol spewed in this election cycle and it is a special kind of deluded to imply that it wasn't

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join