It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It is wrong to label all leftists as this guy.

Just remember though. . .

It is wrong to label all gun owners like this guy, when the talk of gun control comes up, and it will.

One of the first things out of Terry McAuliffe's mouth today was to blame guns.

Liberal Politics 101: Never let a good crisis go to waste.

labeling all gun owners the same is completely different than saying guns are too easly accessible to the mentally ill, there IS a difference, you know this right?

Who gets to label who is mentally ill? If someone like Obama is in charge what is to stop him from saying a tea party member is mentally ill? If it's up to some Madow loving psychiatrist, maybe supporting Trump makes you mental. That is a very slippery slope.

In the case of this guy - was he mentally ill when he got his gun? I really doubt it, but he was radicalized - so what is your next solution yearly mental checkups, monthly, daily?

This is what it boils down to - we don't live in a perfect world, we live in a f'd up world, and pretending it isn't does not change reality no matter how much you want it too. The best thing we can do is face reality and give ourselves the chance to protect ourselves when things go bad.

there is a valid definition to every mental illnesses.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: SBMcG

Yes. You should.

You're welcome to try any time, sport.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just saw the video, and I gotta say, another danger that's become prevalent in our society today is all these idiots that put their lives in danger for youtube hits and maybe getting a 5 minute slot on Good Morning America. This woman could've been hit by a stray bullet any minute, she doesn't know exactly what's going on and where all the guns are, what direction they're firing. Very stupid to stand in your doorway like that.

link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Don't know, but I worry less because it wasn't the leftists in Congress who were targeted and are in power. Doesn't mean the Republicans won't screw it up somehow, but I worry less.

link   
Hmm. I suppose he meant it figuratively, right guys?

link   
Cellphone video here.

It doesn't show much, but it does capture the gunfire.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: SBMcG

Link to cell video

www.khou.com...

I was just wondering a few minutes ago why we hadn't seen any video from the scene. Couldn't believe nobody had gotten it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Cellphone video here.

It doesn't show much, but it does capture the gunfire.

I could identify one centerfire rifle -- probably a .223, and the rest sounded like handguns.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Just saw the video, and I gotta say, another danger that's become prevalent in our society today is all these idiots that put their lives in danger for youtube hits and maybe getting a 5 minute slot on Good Morning America. This woman could've been hit by a stray bullet any minute, she doesn't know exactly what's going on and where all the guns are, what direction they're firing. Very stupid to stand in your doorway like that.

I think the person who filmed that was a man.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: face23785

I think the person who filmed that was a man.

We're both bigots for assuming gender based on the voice.

Whatever it is, it wasn't thinking straight.
edit on 14 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I must apologize to everyone in this thread.
I think that I had two different neighbors confused on some of the details that I have previously provided.
I stand firm that the shooter was my father's neighbor, but please disregard all of my previous comments.
They are speculative and I will not comment any further.

Sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

The term "resistance" isn't all of a sudden being used by the Alt-Left on accident.

Bill Clinton's wife launches Trump "resistance" PAC

link   
a reply to: veracity

I will point out that the "valid" definitions can be heavily impacted by politics. Look at how homosexual activists lobbied to have that definition changed.

Since there are very few "hard" diagnoses that can be made for mental illnesses like you can make by isolating a disease vector, mental illness is a bit more fluid.
According to this, half the population has a mental disorder. What a dream for the gun control lobby!

link   
The moment the GOP shooter opened fire

nypost.com...

link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: ketsuko

its also scary that there are many more racist crazy right wing radical people out there that want me dead. I have been scared like this not just all morning, but since Obama was president. It was scary to know how many are actually out there.

Where are they? Chicago?

link   

originally posted by: abago71
I must apologize to everyone in this thread.
I think that I had two different neighbors confused on some of the details that I have previously provided.
I stand firm that the shooter was my father's neighbor, but please disregard all of my previous comments.
They are speculative and I will not comment any further.

Sorry.

Good of you to come clarify. It happens.

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Hmm. I suppose he meant it figuratively, right guys?

OMG

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Who gets to label who is mentally ill? If someone like Obama is in charge what is to stop him from saying a tea party member is mentally ill?

the group of psychiatrists that evaluate you....
I am left, and I don't really think that it's right to take the guns away from all of those who are known to be mentally ill... for some, some time at the gun range or out in the woods hunting critters with their buddies might serve to be good therapy... but this shooter?? after his long list of criminal acts of violence... well, he should have had his taken away, sorry!!! so, unless there's at least a couple of psychiatrists that have evaluated the person and determined that there is a violent nature, an inability to understand that shooting a person dead is actually shooting a person dead, or something like that.... well, why??

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

45 pages in and I'm just getting to this thread. Too much to read but the sense of anger from just about everyone comes through clearly nonetheless.

While the root of the tragedy is left vs. right, I'm more worried about what congress will do. From their ivory towers, they can see what the populous goes through everyday but aren't particularly concerned enough to actually do something about it.

But... today was a threat directed at them! What do you think our lawmakers are going to do? I have no doubt they will pass laws very quickly so they can safely practice baseball and not have potshots taken at them. Anyone want to place a bet on what their first act is?

You're exactly right. Actions such as this will only increase security, further dividing the political class from the rest of the country.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Do we even know if he owned his legally yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join