It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
This is actually a terrorist attack, committed by Islamist groups supported by the UK. New strategies of terror also include, burning down buildings and killing by means other than direct engagement. Additionally the tower burning down to that level of charring without collapsing is an additional demonstration of what really happened on 9/11

ISIS did this? Why would they kill their own?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
One guy's opinion .... "no accident"

Don't you just love how that reporter tried to shut him up?

Twit wouldn't even listen to him.

Funny that, how the mainstream/lamestream media won't entertain the possibility this was a deliberate act.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune
He's not the only one saying it.

Similar thing going on with a property right behind mine. There was a Heritage home there with a grandfather clause on it. Couldn't knock it down to build on the property once the owners sold or moved out. I think they just died of old age eventually. It's a decent sized piece of land with a gorgeous river view,

Anyways one day this woman knocks on my door asking weird things
" what is your roof made of?".
I said it's concrete tile......Importabt detail!
Then she says " I love that home behind you, who lives there?"
I' said I have no idea .
" well I think it's just abandoned, nobody there"
" No. I can see lights on at night, people are in it"
"No there aren't".

She knew it was a heritage home

Well that very night BOOM! It blew up!
God I was terrified, through the trees it had the illusion it would set my house on fire. The cracklings was so loud. I never knew fire if that magnitude could be so loud, Embers were dropping on my roof ... good thing it was concrete!!

The next day a bulldozer was there flattening the land, no trace of it remained. The fire chief told my hubby who went over there, it was arson. My hubby also said that woman was there being nosey.. I think she was casing my house, knowing embers might set mine on fire! There was debris all over my property. My

I called the police about her, they never called me back.
I googled the story to tell my friend. Couldn't find one. Not in the newspapers. Nothing! My friend found one photo on Flick'r.

It was covered up.

They want to put a subdivision in, big money for homes with a view that would sell for about 600k each.

Problem is they neeed my house knocked down to put a road through. Can't do it from the highway below. Realtors keep knocking in my door to sell. I say no. They also desire my neighbours home to bulldoze for this road.

I'm scared sometimes my house will get set on fire with me in it! I think people were in that house when it blew. Nobody listened to me.

So my story is, people will set homes on fire in order to build new fancy homes for the rich. They simply do not care!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
This is actually a terrorist attack, committed by Islamist groups supported by the UK. New strategies of terror also include, burning down buildings and killing by means other than direct engagement. Additionally the tower burning down to that level of charring without collapsing is an additional demonstration of what really happened on 9/11

**sigh**

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: violetso the fire department told them on saturday that in case of fire stay put sorry but that sounds very fishy to me. i was always taught if you got away out of burning building then get the blank out. this sounds to me like a planned incident.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

With this type of incident, I wonder if you couldn't get out of the building whether the safest place to be would into a fridge freezer or a bath filled with water but have a snorkelling gear on so you could lay under the water... I know its a long shot but I think you'd stay alive a lot longer, thats if you couldn't jump out of a window

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

With this type of incident, I wonder if you couldn't get out of the building whether the safest place to be would into a fridge freezer or a bath filled with water but have a snorkelling gear on so you could lay under the water... I know its a long shot but I think you'd stay alive a lot longer, thats if you couldn't jump out of a window

And you breath in smoke and you die.

Smoke kills more people than fire, by the time the flames get to you, your already dead.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

the fire department told them on saturday that in case of fire stay put sorry but that sounds very fishy to me. i was always taught if you got away out of burning building then get the blank out. this sounds to me like a planned incident.

ignorance on your part does not make it a conspiracy

There is reason FD tells people in high raise to stay put

As everyone tries to leave clogs up stairs - the FD will use the stairs on floor below fire as attack stairs, connecting
hoses to standpipe and advancing hoses up the stair through the doors toward the fire

There is a good chance that the stairways may be full of smoke and toxic fumes - going down stairs means advancing into
dangerous conditions

Was incident few years back in NYC where people attempting flee were killed by smoke in stairway

Four people died in the superheated, smoke-filled stairwell of an Upper West Side high-rise yesterday as they tried to escape a fire that started in a 19th-floor apartment where the family of the actor Macaulay Culkin lived.

edit on 15-6-2017 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

the fire tends to heat up the air too. Not too sure if a bath and snorkelling gear would do you any good, if the air, filled with smoke, is too hot to suck in without damage to your lungs.

And a closed fridge? Not sure either, as the air supply inside a fridge is limited (there has been reports of people dying inside a fridge because they couldnt get out from the inside. In addition, as the temperature rises outside of the fridge, I assume that it would increase the temperature inside too.

link   

originally posted by: proteus33
a reply to: violetso the fire department told them on saturday that in case of fire stay put sorry but that sounds very fishy to me. i was always taught if you got away out of burning building then get the blank out. this sounds to me like a planned incident.

It's the standard advice for tower blocks when the fire is confined to just one flat. The problem was that this seems to have spread to the cladding, which allowed for a very fast escalation of the fire. A lot of people are now looking at this now and procedures are going to have to be evaluated and changed.
It does not sound like a planned incident. This is a tower block that has been badly managed for years.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Been a number of incidents in Dubai and other Middle East high raises where flammable cladding allowed fire
to spread up side of building

Flammable insulation using materials like Styrofoam or urethane - looks like this is case

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Number of confirmed deaths in the Grenfell Tower fire now stands at 17 with a number of people still unaccounted for , 17 people are in hospital in a critical condition.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

No, it can sometimes be more dangerous to evacuate people. My four story flat went on fire 3 years ago, the fire started in the ground floor flat, there are 8 flats in the building, the smoke spread very quickly, bur fortunately my flat was the only one with a working smoke alarm. The elderly woman on the top right hand side of the building was deaf and had already gone to bed and had taken her hearing aids out, so although we stood banging on her door for ages, she couldn't hear us. Eventually we had to leave the building because the smoke was so bad.

The fire brigade arrived very quickly and of course we told them about Margaret on the top floor, but by that point they decided she should stay in her flat, as the smoke in the stairwell would have done more damage to her if she had tried to make her way down at that point. Fortunately the firemen managed to get the blaze under control, and though we were evacuated for several hours, Margaret remained in her flat with a fireman, who made sure that the flat was not filling with smoke. They had to make a split second decision, either go up, break her door down, and get her down 4 flights of stairs, risking injury/smoke inhalation or leave her where she was in relative safety til they could put the fire out. they chose the latter.

Fortunately no one died, though the woman whose flat went on fire was in hospital for weeks, and subsequently the flat has remained empty ever since, but there are still traces of soot and smoke in the stairwell, 3 years later. It was my worst nightmare come true that night, and I've lived in fear of fire ever since. As such my heart goes out to those involved in this fire, I can only imagine the fear and terror they must have faced...at far greater heights and with far more people than our block.

However, the one thing that will always be with me, was the courage and efficiency of the fire brigade, they are working in extremely dangerous conditions and always put the safety and wellbeing of the public first. I cannot commend them highly enough and to suggest that these guys would deliberately put people in danger is quite disgusting actually. Please think before you speak in future.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
17 people now confirmed dead.

R.I.P

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

A lot of people would feel like that young man, Personally I believe the Cladding was down to money changing hand's to contractors and the cheapest material being used, it was high temperature plastic but NOT fire retardant and once it reached the temperature necessary for it to ignite it was as bad as deliberate even though I actually do believe this was an accident - though one which has been exacerbated by unethical and possibly criminal activity on the part of the contractor responsible though that will require a full inquiry to decide if it is the case, personally I believe this is a case of corporate manslaughter and that the company's responsible have a very large settlement to make at the very least, these people will be desperate but they should not accept the first or second offer's and force those company's to go to at least the third remembering that the solicitor's representing them will also be more interesting in lining there own pocket's.

A lot more people have died than the current official figure.

That young man also pointed out segregation in the area, they are not allowed to go into certain area's were they live because rich people have moved into them and that is also an extremely worrying matter if it is the case and one for civil liberty's lawyers and barristers to get onto and fast as it represent's a very slippery road for British society in general.

Lawyers and Solicitors in General I have found are professional Liars in every sense of the word, Unscrupulous thieves in an establishment of crook's so they will also be up against that in there quest for Justice so My prayers will be with them that they do indeed find a rare if poor honest solicitor whom is not afraid to take it to the big boy's.

Let's hope there MP is up to the job as well as I have an equally low opinion of most of them (Regardless of there affiliation).

The same material used in the Cladding has been linked to lethal and serious blazed elsewhere in the world and is a known hazard, so these people actually have a rock solid case IF they can find that one honest guy, assuming there is even such a thing as an honest solicitor.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

These contracts obviously go to the lowest bidder or the company that's willing to cut corners the most.

If the workmanship is anything like the renovations carried out on my own council property then 30-50% of the work will not even pass proper inspection.

End of the day our authorities don't really give a rats arse as to the quality of workmanship or materials used to shore up and/or fix council accommodation because the people who occupy these concrete jungles don't exactly feature very high up on there list of priorities.

Fact is most of these multistory flats should have been knocked down years ago, it's no way for anyone to live really.

The old saying springs to mind "you simply cannot polish a turd" and these buildings certainly fall into that category.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've been to a house fire before where the washing machine was the cause. I was told by firemen that any white goods such as fridges, washing machines which combine water and electricity are an accident waiting to happen. My heart goes out to the poor men, women and children that died in such an horrific way.

edit on 15-6-2017 by kuraijanai2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

The cause of most fridge freezer fires is nearly always the same.

Failure of an electric switch which controls the defrost or freeze function.

Generally this results in a small fire starting at the base at the back of the fridge freezer which quickly ignites the insulation(mostly Polystyrene and plastic based) and or dust/debris materials around it. The refrigerant gas(Pentane/Propane) can also become involved which are flammable and explosive by nature.

End of the day through fridge freezer fires don't cause whole buildings to go up in flames like a chip pan fire, that would be the cladding plus associated air gaps and pvc windows to blame.

Edit: News are now suggesting flammable insulation foam may have been used behind or between the cladding.

edit on 15-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Perhaps a Mohammedan was storing explosives, for his next terrorist attack, in his fridge?

Karma or God?

It seems even God is fed-up with Mohammedans.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Smellthecoffee because: Allah made me do it

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

This begs the question then - why would anyone live in one?

If a fire gets started, there seems to be no real way out.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join