It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit
Clearly this is an embsrassment for England . They neeed to impose stricter standards. Tall Towers that house that many people really should have better construction than this.

I suppose things will change but it's too bad it meant this had to happen first

edit on 15-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I hope those affluent people that wanted something prettier to look at enjoy their new haunting view.

It's a shame it always takes a tragedy to create change. Sadly though it doesn't take long to go back to the cutting of corners and such until the next tragedy.

I hope those people in the other buildings that are a part of that group are throwing a fit and maybe finally being heard. It could have been their buildings just as easily.

The poor man that it took 12 hours to rescue certainly had the angels on his side. Wow.
edit on 6/15/17 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013

I've been to a house fire before where the washing machine was the cause. I was told by firemen that any white goods such as fridges, washing machines which combine water and electricity are an accident waiting to happen. My heart goes out to the poor men, women and children that died in such an horrific way

Been to number of clothes dryer fires where lint was allowed to accumulate inside - the heater tube then ignites
the lint causing a fire .......

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
They were planning on doing this same deadly refurbish to the other towers in their borough. They loved the plans.
Yes I hope they are enjoying the new look.

Thry better be giving these people homes.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Phew!

The thread title had me worried someone had actually set fire to "London Tower"! Not just some tower in the city of London.

Sucks for anyone who died. If my house burned down I'd lose all the data on my computer hard drive. Insurance would probably take care of the rest. And possibly provide a temporary place to live? But I don't know that for sure.

Thank goodness we live in a time of insurance!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous
Unfortunately I doubt these people had insurance. They were lower income families.
Their loved ones can't be replaced. Some lost their entire family or children
Nobody lives in the London Tower!

edit on 15-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

I've been to a house fire before where the washing machine was the cause. I was told by firemen that any white goods such as fridges, washing machines which combine water and electricity are an accident waiting to happen. My heart goes out to the poor men, women and children that died in such an horrific way

Been to number of clothes dryer fires where lint was allowed to accumulate inside - the heater tube then ignites

Beko and LEC had a recall on thousands of fridges because they caught fire. No doubt some of those fridges instead of being destroyed are still in use and were passed on to people with little income. Check your appliances here. Beko LEC fridge recall with serial numbers

My neighbour downstairs has just recently bought a tumble dryer that's also been over heating. She has been advised that the product is faulty. In fact, If you google overheating white goods you would be surprised at the amount of recalls just these past couple of years on just about every make and model.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Just seen this.....i can understand that whilst the death toll is going to obviously rise, official numbers are going to take a while to come out....but if this has any truth to it then it doesn't bode well for families there....

Lilly Allen says off the record police and fire brigade say death toll is more like 150

I know it's musician Lilly Allen, but i can't see why she would make something like this up.

CX.

It's typical Lily Allen, claiming it is being deliberately downplayed, etc, etc. She is mental - even Newsnight cancelled her last night and they love a Lefty Liberal.

I think you will find Lily love that the reason the offical death toll is so low is because they can only get dogs on to the top 3 floors at present. Added to that is the fact that in appartments, they estimate the fire to have been 600-800 C and in the stairwell and communal areas up to 1000 C. Quite simply, a lot of people will have vanished without a trace.

People trying to make political capital out of this are just sick in the head.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: firerescue

Beko and LEC had a recall on thousands of fridges because they caught fire. No doubt some of those fridges instead of being destroyed are still in use and were passed on to people with little income. Check your appliances here. Beko LEC fridge recall with serial numbers

My neighbour downstairs has just recently bought a tumble dryer that's also been over heating. She has been advised that the product is faulty. In fact, If you google overheating white goods you would be surprised at the amount of recalls just these past couple of years on just about every make and model.

Also 2nd hand white goods, PAT tested by local charities before selling on or donating to people in need. Those sold through 2nd hand supply shops may have been reconditioned as well as tested, so hopefully, a bit safer. But whatever, mass produced crap with built-in obsolescence guaranteed.

What intrigues me is how a fire that reputedly started on the internal part of the building, so quickly became a fire that engulfed the external elements?
edit on 16/6/2017 by teapot because: edit

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Fire started internally.

Chances are the fire started by the fridge spread, then the room does up, windows melt and blow out and the PVC frames drip liquid flame all over said cladding.

There is you external fire.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Passionate response from the residents in the area, this tragedy is symbolic of a much wider issue (strong language)...

edit on 16-6-2017 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Starting to hear rumours that the government have slapped a D-Notice on the reporting of the casualty figures.

And this is why Lily Allan was uninvited from Newsnight last night.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

Wow!

"I like you too."

That is a video that is not likely to make it to MSM without a lot of editing, and not just because of the colorful language.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100

I loved EVERY THING that guy had to say, maybe it was a little harsh against the main stream media but it as also totally truthful and I believe accurate.

That does actually deserve to be on TV and I hope it is watched a lot on the net.

His point's were totally accurate, the mainstream media has acted to brainwash the public and to keep Jeremy Corbyn out of power but enough people voted for him to show that they are indeed starting to see through the web of lies.

Now I want to see what that corrupt council is planning for that site were all those people died because of the council's own incompetence and corruption and I have to say Cynically I expect them to sell it off for private development in yet another act of social cleansing rather than build new and safe council accommodation and a memorial there as should be the case.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

According to Guido Fawkes' website this D notice rumour is being pushed by Corbynistas. Not true. Pretty low.

edit on 16-6-2017 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: proteus33

With this type of incident, I wonder if you couldn't get out of the building whether the safest place to be would into a fridge freezer or a bath filled with water but have a snorkelling gear on so you could lay under the water... I know its a long shot but I think you'd stay alive a lot longer, thats if you couldn't jump out of a window

And you breath in smoke and you die.

Smoke kills more people than fire, by the time the flames get to you, your already dead.

Oh yeah... sh##. I forgot all about the fumes!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I don't think the Government could sell that off now to some private Investors... not after that fire. People lost their live's, there would be riots breaking out.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There might be riots anyway, such is the mood. No-one seems accountable. Not the government's problem they didn't own the building. Not the councils fault, they owned it but didn't run it. The TMO managed the building but they didn't do the work. The contractors, Rydon, they did the work and claim they followed building codes.

Nobody accountable, no one's fault. 30 lives lost, plus the rest, they'll just hold an inquiry which will drag out for years, demolish the place and build a garden with a plaque.

Nobody's going to get held to account, nobody will be punished. We all know it. I'm angry about it and have no connection with West London. God alone knows how the families and friends feel tonight.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Had to see what that actually meant

A DSMA-Notice — formerly a DA-Notice (Defence Advisory Notice), and before that called a Defence Notice (D -Notice) until 1993—is an official request to news editors not to publish or broadcast items on specified .

So it's a gag order given for reasons of National Defence.

They must fear rioting.

I read an article a firefighter had told somebody they've counted at least 200 bodies so far

I really do believe the count is in the hundreds. We all saw each flat consumed with flames , given they were told to stay put. You do the math on who got out and there were 400-600 living in there and top three floors nobody got out.
edit on 16-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Source

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
200 Bodies ID'd?

Thought they said ID'ing them would take months?

The families need to know if they have this information
They must need to wait until emotions aren't so raw.
How stupid do they think people are? It's easy enough to do the math and take a guess at the body count (I think is more imo)

This morning, Grime artist Saskilla told the BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire programme that he had been told personally by one of the firefighters at Grenfell Tower that around two hundred bodies had already been identified at the scene of the terrifying blaze. The presenter attempted to pour water on the figure, but the musician insisted it was what he was told in person by the firefighter.

Source

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join