It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid growing controversy, Sessions abruptly cancels public testimony

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
thinkprogress.org...

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was scheduled to testify publicly next Tuesday before the House and Senate appropriations committees. On Saturday, he abruptly canceled.

uh oh.....

Sessions’ role in the ongoing probe into Trump campaign’s alleged communications with Russia has come under increased scrutiny since the testimony of former FBI Director James Comey this week. Comey’s testimony raised questions about Sessions’ engagements with

What could the Attorney General of the US have to hide?

I wonder how long he will stay Loyal to Trump?

Nothing to hide... This is a continuation of the BS started by Sen. Al Franken during his confirmation hearings.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Khaleesi
The OP is a gross distortion.

He is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, because that is a more appropriate venue to answer these questions.

Quote for truth.

Not okay OP. Using bait titles and fake news to manipulate ATS members. Pathetic.

Maybe OP is auditioning for position at CNN or MSNBC?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

He is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, because that is a more appropriate venue to answer these questions.

Gross distortion how? The OP only opines that Sessions might have something to hide. While AG Session's explanation is reasonable enough, there's something else to consider. That testimony was going to be in an open setting. What's not specified in Session's letter is whether or not he's still willing to testify infront of the Senate Intel committee out in the open where the public can hear it.

The rumor mill suggests the answer to that question is no, he will not. We'll see. If it turns out that he will only agree to a closed-door setting, does that change your opinion of his motivation?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Khaleesi
The OP is a gross distortion.

Quote for truth.

Not okay OP. Using bait titles and fake news to manipulate ATS members. Pathetic.

Maybe OP is auditioning for position at CNN or MSNBC?

Well the source is thinkprogress.org -

ThinkProgress is an American political news blog. It is a project of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization. The blog is edited by Judd Legum, who founded it in 2005. It is divided into the sections climate, economy, health, justice, LGBT, world, culture, sports, politics and features.

The Center for American Progress (CAP) is a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization. According to CAP, the center is "dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans, through bold, progressive ideas, as well as strong leadership and concerted action."[2] The Center presents a liberal[3] viewpoint on economic and social issues. It has its headquarters in Washington, D.C.

The president and chief executive officer of CAP is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton's campaigns.[4] The first president and CEO was John Podesta, who has served as White House Chief of Staff to U.S. President Bill Clinton and as the chairman of the 2016 presidential campaign of Hillary Clinton.[5] Podesta remained with the organization as chairman of the board until he joined the Obama White House staff in December 2013. Tom Daschle is the current chairman.[6]

The Center for American Progress runs a campus outreach group, Generation Progress, and a sister advocacy organization, the Center for American Progress Action Fund (CAPAF). Citing Podesta's influence in the formation of the Obama Administration, a November 2008 article in Time stated that "not since the Heritage Foundation helped guide Ronald Reagan's transition in 1981 has a single outside group held so much sway".[7]

They are extensions of Obama/Clinton... That says it all in terms of truthfulness in what they say.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Wow, thanks. Ya'll destroyed the OPs narrative before I got a piece of that action. Gawd.

OP, why do you put, "uh oh" as if to elicit some reaction? Is this a platform for discussion? Or a platform for directed partisan bias hit pieces? You only serve to slander the credibility of ATS.

Get with the program, we have, why.can't.you?

Mod wanna be, eh? I'll express my views on this forum however I see fit. Your transparent feeble attempt at censorship will not affect me in the least.

In fact, get ready, I have plenty more anti "news" from the Trump worship up my sleeve. At least we still have freedom of speech until the alt right shuts it down.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Gross distortion how? The OP only opines that Sessions might have something to hide. While AG Session's explanation is reasonable enough, there's something else to consider. That testimony was going to be in an open setting. What's not specified in Session's letter is whether or not he's still willing to testify infront of the Senate Intel committee out in the open where the public can hear it.

The rumor mill suggests the answer to that question is no, he will not. We'll see. If it turns out that he will only agree to a closed-door setting, does that change your opinion of his motivation?

What utter bunk. Sessions is testifying to the Senate Intelligence committee under oath - what exactly is going to be different about that if cameras are there or not? You think the committee is waiting for the public reaction to determine whether Sessions did something wrong.

An obvious HOAX thread and you still can't let let go of your utter delusion.

edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wow, thanks. Ya'll destroyed the OPs narrative before I got a piece of that action. Gawd.

OP, why do you put, "uh oh" as if to elicit some reaction? Is this a platform for discussion? Or a platform for directed partisan bias hit pieces? You only serve to slander the credibility of ATS.

Mod wanna be, eh? I'll express my views on this forum however I see fit. Your transparent feeble attempt at censorship will not affect me in the least.

In fact, get ready, I have plenty more anti "news" from the Trump worship up my sleeve. At least we still have freedom of speech until the alt right shuts it down.

Try to at least not HOAX the boards - there's a good chap.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sessions appearance before the Senate committee is in relation to the questions to Comey regarding Sessions. Comey's response on several occasions was that he could not answer in an open meeting. So, you want Sessions to answer in open what Comey would not answer in open meeting? If it could have been answered in an open meeting, then Comey could have answered. Instead COMEY put this all into a need for a closed meeting. That's on Comey.

And yes it is a gross distortion. No meetings were cancelled as has been pointed out. The OP is full of innuendo. Members of the Appropriation Committee were already saying they were going to ask questions about Comey's testimony. Questions that have NOTHING to do with the subject they were supposed to be discussing. Sessions did not cancel the meeting. He turned to his Deputy Atty. Gen. to handle that while he agreed to testify before the appropriate committee.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

BS? Lmao. You mean like giving false, inaccurate or misleading information under oath at his confirmation hearing?

"I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians"

Is that a true statement? No. I seem to remember another Trump surrogate, advisor and appointee lying about his communication with the very same Russian diplomat. And before you go on some tangent about the nature of the communication — we heard that song and dance from Flynn and all of the administration spokespeople right up until they tried to spin the Flynn firing/resignation into decisive action (an obvious lie).

What is it with this administration's constant lying and the willingness of Trump's die hard supporters to keep overlooking it? Or maybe Kislyak has some sort of "neurolyzer" straight out of Men in Black that's behind the memory issues encountered by Flynn, Sessions and Kushner?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BS? Lmao. You mean like giving false, inaccurate or misleading information under oath at his confirmation hearing?

"I didn’t have — did not have communications with the Russians"

Is that a true statement? No. I seem to remember another Trump surrogate, advisor and appointee lying about his communication with the very same Russian diplomat. And before you go on some tangent about the nature of the communication — we heard that song and dance from Flynn and all of the administration spokespeople right up until they tried to spin the Flynn firing/resignation into decisive action (an obvious lie).

What is it with this administration's constant lying and the willingness of Trump's die hard supporters to keep overlooking it? Or maybe Kislyak has some sort of "neurolyzer" straight out of Men in Black that's behind the memory issues encountered by Flynn, Sessions and Kushner?

What has your deflection and rehash of your failed talking points have to do with this HOAX thread?
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

They are extensions of Obama/Clinton... That says it all in terms of truthfulness in what they say.

And the lot of you are members of a cult. I've seen less passionate defenses and willful ignorance from Eric and Don Jr.
edit on 2017-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

And the lot of you are members of a cult. I've seen less passionate defenses and willful ignorance from Eric and Don Jr.

That's not even my quote - you are in a meltdown. My advice is to eject and quickly.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yawn. That's all you got? Screeching "hoax" repeatedly and declaring "failed talking points?" Lmao. How about refuting anything I just said with a reasoned argument or calling in a more capable useful idiot to do it for you?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yawn. That's all you got? Screeching "hoax" repeatedly and declaring "failed talking points?" Lmao. How about refuting anything I just said with a reasoned argument or calling in a more capable useful idiot to do it for you?

Nothing you said was relevant to this HOAX thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Try to at least not HOAX the boards - there's a good chap.

another mod wanna be!

Alert the authorities. I used a source and until it's not on the DNPA list; So HOAX is just your interpretation.

I know the drill...If it's not favorable to Trump on ATS it's fake news, nothing burger or hoax or some other devotee cliche to try and derail the discussion. Nice try!!

edit on 11-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Try again and next time listen to the line of questioning Franken used. The article Franken referenced was directed at Trump campaign surrogates. The question Franken asked specifically dealt with the campaign, which sessions was not a surrogate for. As a Senator Sessions had many contacts with foreign reps as a matter of course for his job. Since you are ignoring it several Democrats came out and said they never met with the Russians when in reality the pictures showed otherwise.

Franken citing a CNN report -

"There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.

The entire line of questioning dealt with the campaign, which sessions was never a part of.

Here is the exchange -

Sessions did not lie.

So yes, its BS.

and since you are ignoring facts let me correct another one of your false claims. Flynn did not violate any laws speaking with the Russian ambassador. The 2 laws he violated, failing to register as a foreign agent for representing a foreign government and for giving a speech in russia without obtaining permission from the Department of Defense. Both of which occurred while Obama was President and not Trump.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I started to reply to you and changed my mind and missed updating the "reply to" line? Looking awful desperate to shut somebody up. U mad bro?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Time will hopefully tell the truth. Seems like a lot of smoke around Trump and some people distancing them selves from him or failing to be in 100%. It's hard for me to believe there isn't some bit of truth in this.

Another situation might be the people, after getting a dose of Trump, decide nope.
edit on 6/11/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

and yet my statement about the 2 groups is still true, regardless of you shoving your head in the sand...

Maybe read it this time -

The president and chief executive officer of CAP is Neera Tanden, who worked for the Obama and Clinton administrations and for Hillary Clinton's campaigns.

ThinkProgress is an American political news blog. It is a project of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a progressive public policy research and advocacy organization.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: theantediluvian

Try again and next time listen to the line of questioning Franken used. The article Franken referenced was directed at Trump campaign surrogates. The question Franken asked specifically dealt with the campaign, which sessions was not a surrogate for. As a Senator Sessions had many contacts with foreign reps as a matter of course for his job. Since you are ignoring it several Democrats came out and said they never met with the Russians when in reality the pictures showed otherwise.

Franken citing a CNN report -

"There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump's surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.

The entire line of questioning dealt with the campaign, which sessions was never a part of.

Here is the exchange -

Sessions did not lie.

So yes, its BS.

and since you are ignoring facts let me correct another one of your false claims. Flynn did not violate any laws speaking with the Russian ambassador. The 2 laws he violated, failing to register as a foreign agent for representing a foreign government and for giving a speech in russia without obtaining permission from the Department of Defense. Both of which occurred while Obama was President and not Trump.

Thanks for that - it's good to refresh on why the cries of withholding information and lying (lol) was utter BS.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join