It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid growing controversy, Sessions abruptly cancels public testimony

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UKTruth

I started to reply to you and changed my mind and missed updating the "reply to" line? Looking awful desperate to shut somebody up. U mad bro?

No, you ACTUALLY posted to me, but clearly were confused.
Try and think before you post, you won't make so many mistakes.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
So once again the butthurt left are beating this dead horse.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The entire line of questioning dealt with the campaign, which sessions was never a part of.

Well gosh, the Trump campaign, Donald Trump, Sessions and reality all seem to have a serious difference of opinion with you.

Donald Trump taps Sen. Jeff Sessions to lead campaign's National Security Advisory Committee

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions will lead Republican presidential front runner Donald Trump's newly formed National Security Advisory Committee, the campaign announced tonight.

Donald Trump unveils foreign policy advisers

Trump's team of foreign policy advisers, led by Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, consists of counter-terrorism expert Walid Phares, energy consultant George Papadopoulos, former Defense Department inspector general Joe Schmitz, managing partner of Global Energy Capital Carter Page and former Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg. Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks confirmed the names to CNN.

"And I have quite a few more," Trump told the Post's editorial board, without offering details. "But that's a group of some of the people that we are dealing with. We have many other people in different aspects of what we do. But that's pretty representative group."

Top Trump Adviser Jeff Sessions Says Campaign 'Is Not Over'

Top Trump foreign policy adviser Sen. Jeff Sessions says Republican nominee Donald Trump's campaign is "not over," and criticized media coverage claiming his campaign is in trouble.

Care to revise your position?
edit on 2017-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Care to revise your position?

Nope - He answered the questions in context with what Franken asked.

The part you seem to not be understanding, and most likely intentionally ignoring, is Sessions had no contacts with the Russians as a "surrogate" for the Trump campaign.

Also an advisor is not the same thing as a surrogate. A surrogate is someone who officially speaks for another person in an official capacity. Kellyann Conway for example.
edit on 11-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You never tired of saying things matter-of-factly and being wrong do you? Instead of trying to shift the goal posts, why don't you summon some character and admit that you were wrong?

Also an advisor is not the same thing as a surrogate. A surrogate is someone who officially speaks for another person in an official capacity. Kellyann Conway for example.

Now you're just making up definitions. There's no official campaign position called "surrogate." Sessions was in fact a surrogate for Donald Trump by an reasonable definition of the term, by any common usage of the term, by any measure that isn't your desperate attempt to salvage a failed talking point.

The part you seem to not be understanding, and most likely intentionally ignoring, is Sessions had no contacts with the Russians as a "surrogate" for the Trump campaign.

I'm not ignoring anything. Like I said, we've all heard this song and dance before when it was Flynn lying and Flynn/the administration trying to spin that bulls# about wishing Kislyak a Merry Christmas.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A surrogate is someone who speaks officially on behalf of someone else. The fact you dont understand that is your problem and not mine.

The line of question was in regards to the campaign, which sessions rightfully states he had no contact with the russians during the campaign in that capacity.

Next time try and refute my argument with facts instead of spin. Its to obvious when you rely on already debunked false claims.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So we come back to the fact that Sessions had no meetings with Russians in relation to his work with the Trump campaign, which is what he was referring to.

HINT : the reason he is still in his job is because the left failed in their ridiculous word salad of an attack to bring him down.

Regardless of all the BS being hurled at everyone in Trump's organisation, the fact remains that Sessions will be testifying on Tuesday under oath to the Senate Intelligence Committee. I am sure he will dismiss the BS questions then too.
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Khaleesi
The OP is a gross distortion.

He is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, because that is a more appropriate venue to answer these questions.

Quote for truth.

Not okay OP. Using bait titles and fake news to manipulate ATS members. Pathetic.

Maybe OP is auditioning for position at CNN or MSNBC?

ESPN has more money so that'd be a dumb move

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

A surrogate is someone who speaks officially on behalf of someone else. The fact you dont understand that is your problem and not mine.

Everyone knows what a surrogate is. You're trying to narrow the definition so it only applies to spokespeople. Spokespeople have a title, it's "spokesperson." That's why you don't hear people call Sean Spicer a "surrogate." You can keep saying "official" all you want but that's just you trying to confuse the issue with an ambiguous term. You made up a definition and that is most certainly YOUR problem.

Jeff Sessions was a surrogate. Everyone referred to him as a surrogate. He interfaced with the campaign to coordinate what he said with the campaign. He represented the campaign in interviews and he represented the views of Donald Trump on the campaign trail on numerous occasions.

Madison, AL

Austin, TX

Portsmouth, NH

Everett, WA

Tampa, FL

Phoenix, AZ

Mobile, AL

The line of question was in regards to the campaign, which sessions rightfully states he had no contact with the russians during the campaign in that capacity.

Says you and what do YOU know about what Sessions and Kislyak talked about? You've extrapolated all this from one mealy-mouthed response by Sessions.

Next time try and refute my argument with facts instead of spin. Its to obvious when you rely on already debunked false claims.

Your argument was handily refuted. You're simply too intellectually dishonest to concede the point.

edit on 2017-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So we come back to the fact that Sessions had no meetings with Russians in relation to his work with the Trump campaign, which is what he was referring to.

Are you denying that Flynn said the exact same thing about his communications with Flynn? How'd that work out? Do you need a reminder? The WH was informed that Flynn was lying and they did nothing about it for weeks. Then when it was leaked to to the press that he was caught on intercepts, he was allowed to resign and all Trump's minions acted like the move that Trump only took because he'd been forced into a corner was an example of Trump acting swiftly and decisively.

Regardless of all the BS being hurled at everyone in Trump's organisation, the fact remains that Sessions will be testifying on Tuesday under oath to the Senate Intelligence Committee. I am sure he will dismiss the BS questions then too.

He's most likely going to deny having any communication with Kislyak involving Trump, the campaign or the election too. Does anyone really expect otherwise? The fact is he can just as easily deny it in front of the public where we can all see and hear his response and judge for ourselves whether he's being honest.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You don't have the ability to be able to judge anything related to Trump. You have proven that decisively.
Sessions is going under oath. That is plenty.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm sorry, my memory is a little hazy...why is it again that Jeff Sessions recused himself?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

These guys deal with issues of budget. Why cancel them?

My own opinion on him is that he will be gone within ninety days.
Just a feeling.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes we can.
Is it ok if we stack the tinder while we wait?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sessions is not going before the Appropriations committee because Democrats made it clear that they have no intention of keeping things on topic, and that is not the correct forum for intelligence discussions.

Sessions is going to be testifying before the Intelligence committee to answer those questions.

edit on 6/11/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yes. Entirely appropriate move.
I understand his attendance would derail budget issues.
That makes sense.

I think he's about to come face to transmission with the underside of a bus but this committee isn't the place for that.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I agree that the title of this thread isn't accurate. But let's not pretend that the Pro-Trump crowd isn't also guilty of making bait threads around here ok.

There are probably a dozen of them I could point out that are just plain bait titles connected to false reports for the other side being made here.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You're grasping at straws... Speeches are not the same as a surrogate.

The line of questioning Franken used was specific to the campaign and I provided you the link to that exchange. So either you didnt watch it or you are only seeing what you want.

Sessions has had contact with the Russian as a Senator, as a lot of Senators on both sides of the political aisle has. Sessions had no contact with Russians as a representative of the Trump campaign.

Even if he did its not illegal and Clintons campaign also had contact with the Russians during the campaign as well as when Clinton was a Senator. Any reason you are ignoring those facts?

You refuted nothing..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm sorry, my memory is a little hazy...why is it again that Jeff Sessions recused himself?

Because Democrats were constantly bitching... Then they bitched about the Deputy AG... They bitched about the FBI director... They bitched about Mueller... Now they want a "commission" to do the investigation. If they got that im sure they would bitch and demand something else... So long as they cant keep repeating russia and trump over and over going into the midterms.

Maybe you can explain - Why is it Loretta Lynch and James Comey didnt recuse themselves for the Clinton investigation?
edit on 11-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Maybe you can explain - Why is it Loretta Lynch and James Comey didnt recuse themselves for the Clinton investigation?

Lynch absolutely should have the moment she attempted to influence by way of characterizing the investigation as something other than what it was. (ie., a matter instead of an investigation)

Jim Comey? Why should he recuse himself for doing his job? His only error with regard to that is in not telling Lynch to do hers and carrying the burden.
edit on 11-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join