It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid growing controversy, Sessions abruptly cancels public testimony

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was scheduled to testify publicly next Tuesday before the House and Senate appropriations committees. On Saturday, he abruptly canceled.

uh oh.....

Sessions’ role in the ongoing probe into Trump campaign’s alleged communications with Russia has come under increased scrutiny since the testimony of former FBI Director James Comey this week. Comey’s testimony raised questions about Sessions’ engagements with

What could the Attorney General of the US have to hide?

I wonder how long he will stay Loyal to Trump?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I hope trump fires him too.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
could be he got sick... could be something more important (job related) came up... rather than spend the afternoon being badgered...

So of course he is hiding something and ill go ahead and say it... RUSSIANS...

Can we at least wait for more information before we burn the witch..

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
thinkprogress.org...

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was scheduled to testify publicly next Tuesday before the House and Senate appropriations committees. On Saturday, he abruptly canceled.

uh oh.....

Sessions’ role in the ongoing probe into Trump campaign’s alleged communications with Russia has come under increased scrutiny since the testimony of former FBI Director James Comey this week. Comey’s testimony raised questions about Sessions’ engagements with

You seem to misunderstand what is going on. He said the House and Appropriation committee was the wrong place for questions raised by Comey's testimony. Rather than derail that meeting with unrelated questions, he is sending Asst. Attorney General to that meeting and he is going to testify before the Senate Intelligence Panel, which is a more appropriate venue for those questions.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: HappyFisherman

And that would be a good idea because ?? Cause Trump is the only honest and clean person in all this

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I wonder if Trump leaned on him...

er, went ballistic and ripped him a new one for even agreeing to it?

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Instead of testifying publicly before the appropriations committees, where these matters could be discussed in the light of day, Sessions will appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

More fake news, OP.
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman

Trump has no choice! The Trump WH is in official meltdown if he can't even put together a cohesive cabinet and stop the leaks.
edit on 11-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

"In light of reports regarding Mr. Comey's recent testimony before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, it is important that I have an opportunity to address these matters in the appropriate forum," Sessions said in the letter dated Saturday.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman

Trump has no choice! The Trump WH is in official meltdown.

You mean the liberal media and their devout followers are in melt down - Trump appears to be continuing with his agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
a reply to: HappyFisherman

And that would be a good idea because ?? Cause Trump is the only honest and clean person in all this
Nope!

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Instead of testifying publicly before the appropriations committees, where these matters could be discussed in the light of day, Sessions will appear before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

More fake news, OP.

Fake news/Spin. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The OP is a gross distortion.

He is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, because that is a more appropriate venue to answer these questions.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

thinkprogress.org...

uh oh.....

Werent the appropriations testimony swapped with the Intelligence testimony? So he put appropriations on the back burner?
edit on 11-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

thinkprogress.org...

uh oh.....

Werent the appropriations testimony swapped with the Intelligence testimony? So he put appropriations on the back burner?

The Asst Attorney General is going to that meeting, as he is fully capable of dealing with that while Sessions goes to the appropriate committee for the questions raised by Comey's testimony. Nothing has been canceled. Nothing has been put on the back burner.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

He is scheduled to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee, because that is a more appropriate venue to answer these questions.

Thanks for this... this thread should be in the HOAX bin.
OP , perhaps the real meltdown is happening on sites like ThinkProgress that you plucked this fake news from.
Hopefully you will be more careful next time.
edit on 11/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Quote for truth.

Not okay OP. Using bait titles and fake news to manipulate ATS members. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, thanks. Ya'll destroyed the OPs narrative before I got a piece of that action. Gawd.

OP, why do you put, "uh oh" as if to elicit some reaction? Is this a platform for discussion? Or a platform for directed partisan bias hit pieces? You only serve to slander the credibility of ATS.

Get with the program, we have, why.can't.you?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The last I heard, National Security Trumps Appropriations.

Buck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join