It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Mr. Comey Goes To Washington

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Now isn't that something.

Speaks wonders to the mans Credibility.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

I don't think Comey is ethical. What I heard today is that he didn't really know Trump that well and cant really tell us what Trump means, yet he was willing to vent on what he thought Trump meant. That sounds a bit like an emotional reaction.

Vent? Hardly.

He gave his honest opinion and now you are placing your partisan interpretation on to it. That would be where the emotions come in to play.

Finally he leaked his memo's which he arrogantly assumed were his property to a friend and on to the press.. hardly ethical. One wonders why these memos are not already in the hands of the Committee? Why did he not ask his friend to send him a copy and it could have been provided in full.

Not sure. I was not able to hear that part. I'd have to watch it to get his view.

What we did learn is that there is simply nothing to put Trump in any danger. Sure, his detractors will scream liar and charlatan and his supporters will still support him, rejecting the emotional outrage of his detractors.

I think you confuse political partisanship with emotion, partisanship being equally pushed by both sides. As far as Trump being a liar, that is nothing new. We knew that well before this even became an issue.

Whether people are willing enough to be honest about it is another issue altogether.

He gave quite an emotional opinion. I think it was heart felt, however he stated he did not know Trump well enough to understand what he means. With that he should have got the better of his emotions and been more professional.

As for ethical. An ethical person does not keep notes, stash them away for a later date and then leak them to the press in part to help fuel the speculation, whilst holding the notes/memo's from the committee.

As for Trump, like I said, nothing has really changed on the opinions part. What has changed is that we now have it all out in the open and there is not a chance in hell of an impeachment for obstruction of justice.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Boom !

As per Trump's Lawyer.

Comey just Admitted to a crime on national television.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago540106pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

uhhh, fill us in please?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Did you not watch the live Hearing? Did you not stay tuned for the response from Trump's Lawyer ? This thread is about the live hearing, and as such I have provided my commentary as have other members.

Comey admitted to sharing classified information during his hearing.

Trump's Lawyer called him out for this, stating it was criminal.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hey guess what sone of us can't watch it but want to check in peeiodically for updates!!!

WOOP WOOP

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sorry buddy, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm used to going to bat with any statement in relation to this incident.

I happen to be a little sick the last few days so have done nothing but poison my brain watching CNN.

In summary, Comey did not state he felt trump Impeded in any investigation. In fact he stated he felt something was not right with the conversations they had but that Trump never directly attempted to stand in the way of an investigation.

He did testify that trump stated he hoped the investigation would go away, and that although it was not an order or request to do anything he took it as having a deeper meaning Which made him feel uneasy. Comey did not ask what trump meant, did not state how it looked or anything of the sort.

Comey admitted to leaking information to sources outside the organization and government. He also stated on record Trump was never under investigation for voter fraud or Collusion with the Russians.

He stated Flynn asked Him to call the Clinton Investigation a Matter, and not to call it an investigation. To which he stated it made him feel queezy. He at no time reported this until this hearing.

I'm summarizing and skipping lots of things. I do recommend you find some clips when you have the chance.

Trumps Lawyer reiterated that he was never under investigation for Collusion with the Russians. He quoted trump as stating if his administration was under investigation it would be a good thing to find out if someone he was unaware of was involved in any kind of fraud. He stated trump never asked for an investigation to be closed, that he never requested Comey's loyalty as Comey testified. Trump's lawyer also mentioned the fact Comey's defence for leaking Classified information was in retaliation of a tweet by trump must be false as the information was leaked before the alleged Tweet by Trump. Trump's lawyer made mention the leaking of classified information is a crime and he will leave that up to the authorities to make their decision on prosecution. Trump's lawyer also stated conversations between Trump and Comey were Privileged information and sharing those conversations could also be considered criminal.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No biggy and thanks.

Is Trumps attorney at the actual hearing?

The left must be cannabilising another victim at this point.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma

Sorry buddy, I'm not trying to be rude. I'm used to going to bat with any statement in relation to this incident.

I happen to be a little sick the last few days so have done nothing but poison my brain watching CNN.

In summary, Comey did not state he felt trump Impeded in any investigation. In fact he stated he felt something was not right with the conversations they had but that Trump never directly attempted to stand in the way of an investigation.

He did testify that trump stated he hoped the investigation would go away, and that although it was not an order or request to do anything he took it as having a deeper meaning Which made him feel uneasy. Comey did not ask what trump meant, did not state how it looked or anything of the sort.

Comey admitted to leaking information to sources outside the organization and government. He also stated on record Trump was never under investigation for voter fraud or Collusion with the Russians.

He stated Flynn asked Him to call the Clinton Investigation a Matter, and not to call it an investigation. To which he stated it made him feel queezy. He at no time reported this until this hearing.

I'm summarizing and skipping lots of things. I do recommend you find some clips when you have the chance.

Trumps Lawyer reiterated that he was never under investigation for Collusion with the Russians. He quoted trump as stating if his administration was under investigation it would be a good thing to find out if someone he was unaware of was involved in any kind of fraud. He stated trump never asked for an investigation to be closed, that he never requested Comey's loyalty as Comey testified. Trump's lawyer also mentioned the fact Comey's defence for leaking Classified information was in retaliation of a tweet by trump must be false as the information was leaked before the alleged Tweet by Trump. Trump's lawyer made mention the leaking of classified information is a crime and he will leave that up to the authorities to make their decision on prosecution. Trump's lawyer also stated conversations between Trump and Comey were Privileged information and sharing those conversations could also be considered criminal.

Let me correct a couple of things here:

Trump's hope of Comey "letting it go" concerned allegations about Flynn, not Trump himself.

And it was Loretta Lynch who asked Comey to make the Clinton investigation a "matter". Not Flynn.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Was just able to start watching through to catch what I missed and one thing he said, as of now, really stood out to me.

What he said about Lynch and his decision to come out the way he did in regards to the email investigation.

He said his decision was affected by it in a "conclusive way". That's very important. He must have seen some evidence of shenanigans.

There may be something to the Lynch-Clinton thing. Very interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

As far as I understand the public Hearing has ended. Trump's Lawyer Made a statement after the hearing.

CNN is typical banter now. We won't know what truly comes of this for days.

Both sides have made their statements. I remain frothy at the mouth as always.

/Twitches.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

lololololol
only 12 months later

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Thank you ! I'm all kinds of all over the place. I've had about 12 hours sleep over the last 3 days due to the absolute worst stomach flu i have ever experienced.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Right ! How ever, he happily obliged and helped push that under the rug.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I love that CNN is absolutely Running with this now. Lynch said to call Clinton case a "Matter" Current banner, and clips of the testimony.

He states " Looking back in hindsight should I have resisted harder ? Is this really the hill worth dying over ?"

Wow, Robby Mook. Former Campaign manager for Hillary, basically does not want to comment on the statement. Tries to bring up trumps campaign and Russia.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

lololololol
only 12 months later

I try to wait for evidence or trustworthy testimony.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I love that CNN is absolutely Running with this now. Lynch said to call Clinton case a "Matter" Current banner, and clips of the testimony.

He states " Looking back in hindsight should I have resisted harder ? Is this really the hill worth dying over ?"

Wow, Robby Mook. Former Campaign manager for Hillary, basically does not want to comment on the statement. Tries to bring up trumps campaign and Russia.

Lynch caught trying to obstruct an investigation AND trying to influence the outcome of an election. Can't hide it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
FTR Trumps Atty Statement after Comey's Appearance:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
WaPo is already at it:

Talk about spin.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

That's it. Look for Mr. Comey to "commit suicide" in the near future.

Or possibly Loretta Lynch.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join