It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Mr. Comey Goes To Washington

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

There have been several punches landed.

In effect, Comey is throwing his cards on the table and telling congress to go for the tapes if they exist, which could possibly lead to calls for obstruction charges if what Comey says is true.

Name the punches landed.

The one you just mentioned - worst case... what Comey is saying is corroborated. No big deal. Comey already stated, "I don;t know Trump well enough to read him". Then goes on to interpret what he meant.

What else?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OK, Comey just tried to tell us what Trump was thinking...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

However, you have said you lean towards accepting stories of possible collusion because it seems more credible.

I've only said that it is seems more possible, not credible. There is a big difference.

Now that Comey has admitted the NYT lied in stories, and many other main stream outlets are wrong, will you start approaching their stories with more scrutiny.

I do not have to change anything. I take what I read or hear with a grain of salt, for the most part, until evidence is provided.

Otherwise, we are just discussing possibilities based on our personal sensibilities.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Wow that is it.

2 days of hearings:

Trump 2 - 0 Democrats/MSM

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Comey said there was no obstruction in regards to President Trump. His conclusions would not lead to calls for obstruction charges. The obstruction charges would more likely land on Lynch.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

McCain is nuts but he is hitting around a good point.

Comey is arguing that he knew on July 5th that Hillaryb was innocent and the case was closed.

Yet didn't he then announce with the Weiner laptop that the investigation was back on. In fact I have also heard that there was an ongoing investigation still today (perhaps I am wrong about this).

regardless, this illustrates the problem with Comay just knowing Hillary was innocent. He looks like an ass because knew evidence (the weiner laptop) came up. This shows he is unfairly biased.

For god sakes, he was willing to make decisions on being a judge that Hillaryw as innocent (which isn't his job) but was unwilling to just admit Trump wasn't being investigated (which is well within his job). Absolutely mind blowing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hahaha, those poor reporters are in a hurry to leave.

I take it this was not what they'd hoped for.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

Comey said there was no obstruction in regards to President Trump. His conclusions would not lead to calls for obstruction charges. The obstruction charges would more likely land on Lynch.

No - he would not say whether what he interpreted would be characterised as obstruction of justice - saying Mueller would decide. Just to be accurate.

It's pretty clear though that it isn't going to go to an obstruction charge... and it was shown there was no pattern of any interference on Flynn or any other investigation.

Democrats embarrassed themselves again - along with McCain.
edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Looks like the public hearing is over.

I don't really see any new revelations, only affirmations from what the Right has been saying for months.

We'll learn more from the MSM what was covered in the closed hearing from anonymous leaks tonight.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Comey said that although he couldn't cite a law, he agreed that an FBI agent has an obligation to report a crime if the think it happened.

So if he thought Trump was obstructing justice, he had an obligation to report it, which he didn't.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Chuck todd admits this looks bad for proving Obstruction.

But he also feels today is a bad look for the president.

Of course he does?

I disagree. In fact, I think it is a bad day for the Trump hating Press. I notice though that Todd not taling about how comey says they are wrong all of the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Of course he does?

I disagree. In fact, I think it is a bad day for the Trump hating Press. I notice though that Todd not taling about how comey says they are wrong all of the time.

It's not just bad - it's dead.
Democrats enduring a second day of crisis, desperately trying to keep the narrative alive.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What else?

What else?

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

You have the former director of the FBI, a well-respected man, coming out and saying that Trump is a liar, tried to get him to dump the Flynn investigation and fired him because he did not do so.

We can argue the minutiae all you like, but the fact remains that what Trump did was unethical, unpresidential and crossed unprecedented lines. Whether that leads to eventual charges of some sort are irrelevant in this discussion and frankly I don't think charges will ever come.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Grambler

Of course he does?

It's not just bad - it's dead.
Democrats enduring a second day of crisis, desperately trying to keep the narrative alive.

*waits for hillary and nancy pelosi to have a press conference to denounce comey as a trump stooge*

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

I missed bits and pieces of the hearing as I was in a meeting for a bit. I'll have to go back and listen to it all again.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What else?

What else?

You have the former director of the FBI, a well-respected man, coming out and saying that Trump is a liar, tried to get him to dump the Flynn investigation and fired him because he did not do so.

We can argue the minutiae all you like, but the fact remains that what Trump did was unethical, unpresidential and crossed unprecedented lines. Whether that leads to eventual charges of some sort are irrelevant in this discussion and frankly I don't think charges will ever come.

A Liar calling another person a liar? my i guess the man who was fired is telling the truth huh? Saying you HOPE something happens isnt obstruction.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, you are correct on all points (including your opinion on McCain IMO).

My take overall:
  • Comey has always hated and distrusted Trump. He's a pundit.
  • The MSM reported fake stories.
  • Comey himself was a leak, and did it for political purposes.
  • Loretta Lynch is guilty of obstruction of justice in the Clinton email scandal.
  • Trump was concerned the leaks and rumors were jeopardizing his abilities as President (isn't that a Federal crime, interfering with government abilities?).
  • Trump never was under investigation himself.
  • Trump was inexperienced.
  • Trump never obstructed justice; the cases are still ongoing.

YMMV

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

What else?

What else?

A Liar calling another person a liar? my i guess the man who was fired is telling the truth huh? Saying you HOPE something happens isnt obstruction.

I doubt you would believe anything anyone had to say if it were negative towards Trump or his admin. Comey is a respectable guy and was doing his job.

Take that for whatever it's worth to you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Problem is Coney is not well respected.

In this hearing he has

1 lied about trump not having mentioned wanting to solve the Russian issue.

2 admitted that he felt a special prosecutor would have been good with hillary, but acted as a judge which is not his job.

3 admitted that he had no good reason for not reporting he felt pressured

4 he admits to laeking info to the press

Not to me,tion almost everyone on both side have called for him to be fired for acting inappropriate in the past.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Question...

It appeared to me (and several others), like Comey waffled quite a bit (possibly even directly contradicted himself)... so how do we decide what he actually got right and what might be taking shots at the guy that fired you?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join