It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: Mr. Comey Goes To Washington

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Problem is Coney is not well respected.

Not well respected by the partisans, I would agree.

1 lied about trump not having mentioned wanting to solve the Russian issue.

I thought he did say Trump waned to solve the Russia issue.

2 admitted that he felt a special prosecutor would have been good with hillary, but acted as a judge which is not his job.

He acted as FBI director, laid-out what the investigation found and gave his recommendation. A judge rules on cases in a court, which he did not do.

3 admitted that he had no good reason for not reporting he felt pressured

Ok. If he did, people would be crying about it only being his "feelings". Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Not to me,tion almost everyone on both side have called for him to be fired for acting inappropriate in the past.

Yes, as I said...the partisans.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: UKTruth

What else?

What else?

Take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

You have the former director of the FBI, a well-respected man, coming out and saying that Trump is a liar, tried to get him to dump the Flynn investigation and fired him because he did not do so.

We can argue the minutiae all you like, but the fact remains that what Trump did was unethical, unpresidential and crossed unprecedented lines. Whether that leads to eventual charges of some sort are irrelevant in this discussion and frankly I don't think charges will ever come.

A Liar calling another person a liar? my i guess the man who was fired is telling the truth huh? Saying you HOPE something happens isnt obstruction.

I doubt you would believe anything anyone had to say if it were negative towards Trump or his admin. Comey is a respectable guy and was doing his job.

Take that for whatever it's worth to you.

Ok a respectable liar. I can get behind that. Ive said it before i dont liek trump particularly but if offerred a job i would not turn it down. Im loyal to the cash not the man paying me in any job i had.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: introvert

Question...

It appeared to me (and several others), like Comey waffled quite a bit (possibly even directly contradicted himself)... so how do we decide what he actually got right and what might be taking shots at the guy that fired you?

I suppose that is up to individual interpretation, based on political desires.

There is no outcome in this case that I find advantageous, so I happen to look at this differently than most. I think Comey is an honest guy that may have made some mistakes in how he worded his responses, but overall I like his honesty.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

You have the former director of the FBI, a well-respected man, coming out and saying that Trump is a liar, tried to get him to dump the Flynn investigation and fired him because he did not do so.

We can argue the minutiae all you like, but the fact remains that what Trump did was unethical, unpresidential and crossed unprecedented lines. Whether that leads to eventual charges of some sort are irrelevant in this discussion and frankly I don't think charges will ever come.

A Liar calling another person a liar? my i guess the man who was fired is telling the truth huh? Saying you HOPE something happens isnt obstruction.

I doubt you would believe anything anyone had to say if it were negative towards Trump or his admin. Comey is a respectable guy and was doing his job.

Ok a respectable liar. I can get behind that. Ive said it before i dont liek trump particularly but if offerred a job i would not turn it down. Im loyal to the cash not the man paying me in any job i had.

Loyalty to the boss is fine, but if he felt he had to compromise his position in order to be loyal, I'm glad he stood on principle.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Question...

It appeared to me (and several others), like Comey waffled quite a bit (possibly even directly contradicted himself)... so how do we decide what he actually got right and what might be taking shots at the guy that fired you?

Her certainly did contradict himself. Right near the beginning he stated that Trump did not pressure him to drop the Flynn investigation. Then later he was talking about how he felt pressured, and failed to explain why he didn't report it.

Well, which was it, Comey?

He absolutely came across as a shifty weasel, and as a spineless coward to boot. I don't know how anyone can take him seriously after today.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Fair enough, I agree with you for the most part, there is very little about this that will be good in the long run.

At least with the public side of this hearing it seemed to revolve more around what he felt trump was thinking, which is a far cry from the facts some were expecting for the impeachment case.

either way should make for some interesting compare and contrast News reports later today.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

Loyalty to the boss is fine, but if he felt he had to compromise his position in order to be loyal, I'm glad he stood on principle.

If it was principle why didnt he resign outright?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

Why should he have resigned? To suit the political partisans that can't control their anger of him doing his job?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

Mostly because he was a Clinton operative in a very high place. Now we know he was a leaker of classified info to a person that he knew was going to the press with the info.
They didn't want to lose that position with all the 'wreck Trump' plans they had going.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

I don't think Comey is ethical.
What I heard today is that he didn't really know Trump that well and cant really tell us what Trump means, yet he was willing to vent on what he thought Trump meant. That sounds a bit like an emotional reaction.

I also think if he was ethical he would have gone to the AG or deputy AG with his concerns - he didn't. He did however keep a file of information he could use later . That sounds like a blackmailer to me.

Finally he leaked his memo's which he arrogantly assumed were his property to a friend and on to the press.. hardly ethical. One wonders why these memos are not already in the hands of the Committee? Why did he not ask his friend to send him a copy and it could have been provided in full.

Far too many shady aspects of Comey's testimony to call him ethical.

What we did learn is that there is simply nothing to put Trump in any danger. Sure, his detractors will scream liar and charlatan and his supporters will still support him, rejecting the emotional outrage of his detractors.

That's about the sum of it - oh and the media and Loretta Lynch took a beating today.

edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Isn't this him essentially stating that he was water carrying for Hillary?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I don't think Comey is ethical. What I heard today is that he didn't really know Trump that well and cant really tell us what Trump means, yet he was willing to vent on what he thought Trump meant. That sounds a bit like an emotional reaction.

Vent? Hardly.

He gave his honest opinion and now you are placing your partisan interpretation on to it. That would be where the emotions come in to play.

Finally he leaked his memo's which he arrogantly assumed were his property to a friend and on to the press.. hardly ethical. One wonders why these memos are not already in the hands of the Committee? Why did he not ask his friend to send him a copy and it could have been provided in full.

Not sure. I was not able to hear that part. I'd have to watch it to get his view.

What we did learn is that there is simply nothing to put Trump in any danger. Sure, his detractors will scream liar and charlatan and his supporters will still support him, rejecting the emotional outrage of his detractors.

I think you confuse political partisanship with emotion, partisanship being equally pushed by both sides. As far as Trump being a liar, that is nothing new. We knew that well before this even became an issue.

Whether people are willing enough to be honest about it is another issue altogether.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

Why should he have resigned? To suit the political partisans that can't control their anger of him doing his job?

Comey had like what 2 more years at the FBI? No if it was about principle he would had resigned. it was because his handlers wanted him there to cause trouble or bail out a buddy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

That's what he did under Bush. So if he ft so pressured, why not do it again, or at least report it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

What else?

What else?

Comey had like what 2 more years at the FBI? No if it was about principle he would had resigned. it was because his handlers wanted him there to cause trouble or bail out a buddy.

Uh huh.

Sure.

Conspiratorial nonsense.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

What else?

What else?

That's what he did under Bush. So if he ft so pressured, why not do it again, or at least report it.

I don't believe he specifically stated what was the breaking point that pushed him to do so. Did he mention that?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Trump's lawyer is denying that Trump told Comey he "wanted loyalty, expected loyalty."

**Awaiting official statement from his personal lawyer.
edit on 8-6-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bottom line, Comey manipulated so that no special investigation was started for Hillary and manipulated so that a special investigation was done for Trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Bottom line, Comey manipulated so that no special investigation was started for Hillary and manipulated so that a special investigation was done for Trump.

Comey's admission that he leaked to try and help a special counsel appointment was telling - and very concerning.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I can not bash my head against a wall any harder.

I'm so tired of the MSM grasping at straws with this impeachment crap.

Trump is president, he was not my choice but he is the president. He has done nothing apauling as of yet. I will agree he is a bit of an oaf, but he is working hard to provide what he promised in his campaign. Again, not what I would have voted for but honorable to his followers.

The MSM, the Democrats, Hillary clinton.... Disgusting. Let it go, move on. There will be another election, work on your parties, work on your communities. Time moves in one direction.

To quote another Clinton, "Yesterday, is yesterday. If we try to recapture it, we will only lose tomorrow. "

Comey Provided nothing. Trumps Lawyer is probably going to reiterate that statement.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join