It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American gun culture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I posted this in another thread and it works just a well here.

Plain and simple : If you are not an American citizen, you're opinion doesn't matter. You run your country the way you like, we'll run our's. Tired of arguing with people on how their society gets along fine without [ insert thing here ] so every other society should be like them.

I see that you're trying to draw a parallel to Muslims, but all you've done here is antagonize those of us who are gun owners/concealed carry.
The 2nd is never going away. The anti gunners can whine all they want...it's just not going to happen.
Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Poverty and lack of financial opportunities is the cause of all the violence. Not guns. You want to make this a better country make work pay more than crime.

I would think this is the crux of the issue where all other issues stem from, and they are from both ends of the monetary spectrum. The rich too are subject to financial misery just from having too much and losing sight of reality, lack of parenting etc.
People are becoming more and more miserable on mass and it is showing, poverty as you say is the main driver.

The gangs that I've seen in the news and years ago in person aren't getting rich from the 'thug life'. They're still living in housing projects crap holes in the inner cities. Sure, maybe they have what they consider to be nice cars and a pocket full of cash but, they certainly aren't contributing to society as a whole. The thug life has been glamorized years ago and it continues today. I believe they could be offered the best employment opportunities with a sizeable paycheck and they wouldn't accept it. That's not the lifestyle that they prefer. Speaking purely of one section of the criminal element with guns causing violence and bloodshed.

I don't understand or can't figure out how to quote the entire post. The one above the one that shows was speaking of work paying more than crime being connected to gun violence. Frustrating.
edit on 8-6-2017 by beachbound because: can't figure out quotes

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: beachbound

Okay, so how would you propose gathering up the guns of irresponsible owners, criminals or otherwise crazy people and who would make those distinctions or decisions?
How would you propose it is decided, other than the obvious religious crazies who want to terrorize and murder, who is dangerous and needs to be contained? In other words, how would one weed out the people hidden, underground or walking and living among the rest of society playing a role until the time is right?
Thanks.

The guns are never going to be rounded up, they are out there and there to stay, sad reality to be safer with more guns than safer without, but that is the U.S for ya.

To be able to weed out the nutters that wish to harm innocent people is a tough one and I am not sure how to go forward, one thing is for sure while we are all busy pointing fingers at each other and blaming minorities for the ill's of the world, nothing will get better.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

sorry if I triggered you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: beachbound

Okay, so how would you propose gathering up the guns of irresponsible owners, criminals or otherwise crazy people and who would make those distinctions or decisions?
How would you propose it is decided, other than the obvious religious crazies who want to terrorize and murder, who is dangerous and needs to be contained? In other words, how would one weed out the people hidden, underground or walking and living among the rest of society playing a role until the time is right?
Thanks.

The guns are never going to be rounded up, they are out there and there to stay, sad reality to be safer with more guns than safer without, but that is the U.S for ya.

To be able to weed out the nutters that wish to harm innocent people is a tough one and I am not sure how to go forward, one thing is for sure while we are all busy pointing fingers at each other and blaming minorities for the ill's of the world, nothing will get better.

Hey thanks for responding!
Yeah, the guns are here to stay. I know folks with a lot of guns and I can't imagine their reactions if threatened with surrendering them. A gun may have been registered to someone years ago but, has since been passed 5 times so.
The weeding out is a tough one. Some folks back in the woods with stockpiles wouldn't be a good place to go with intent to cause harm or trouble. It may be even scarier than the inner city violence because they know of good places to hide bodies. I'm afraid it's going to get much worse before it gets better for both sides and globally. If it ever does get better.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: SudoNim

Yea well. "Take away every gun" is where your idea falls apart.

If wishes were fishes, etc.

Not my words. But saying theres no point in taking away any guns if you can't take away all guns is a ridiculous position.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You have less freedom than other civilised countries, its time you moved your country out of the swamp.

Guns can't kill ideas - take away every gun on the planet and the problem remains.

But I guess its all or nothing for you

Don't presume to think you know me - you have no #in idea.

Hit a nerve did I?

Thanks for taking a response I gave to someone else and making it look I aimed at it at you. Create your own drama somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

You said them so...?

The proposition that you're going to somehow get rid of all guns is what's ridiculous. Equally ridiculous as making something up as if that's what I said and then attacking it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You have less freedom than other civilised countries, its time you moved your country out of the swamp.

Guns can't kill ideas - take away every gun on the planet and the problem remains.

Hit a nerve did I?

Thanks for taking a response I gave to someone else and making it look I aimed at it at you.

See the pretty red colours I've inserted into this screenshot of your post, then reread the dribble you posted above, then go to a mirror and shake your head....

edit on 8-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: meh

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
a reply to: Mandroid7

No thank you, if i see how quickly you guys over there get arrested for the slightest offence, scary

You can have your land of the free all to yourselves... lol

Interesting I've lived in the US my entire life (39 years total at the end of June) and I've never been arrested for anything, and never had a bad run in with law enforcement. Amazing what happens when you give respect you get respect. If/when I get pulled over I don't start off with "F**K YOU PIG", or argue...I also don't lie. This isn't to say there are not idiot cops. Never really thought about it before, but on any given day I'm armed just as well if not better than the police.

That being said though...yeah just stay where you are.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Equating guns to muslims...let me ask you this. Do you want a bunch of us Americans coming to YOUR country and bringing along our guns, not everyone who owns a gun wants to harm people? No? Didn't think so, which is why I'll stay right where I am where gun ownership is ok, amazing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

a reply to: Nickn3

"People are much less rude when everyone has a weapon."

You can keep your messed up country to yourself. I just feel sorry for children who are brought up with this as the norm.

Everyone needs a gun to stop someone being rude to you. Sounds like a country of freedom?!?!

This seems easy, you don't like guns, that's fine. It sounds like you don't live in America? So it doesn't really affect you, I own guns and I've never shot anyone. My state is FULL of guns and I've never been shot. I'll stay armed, you stay unarmed, I don't see the problem.

Both my kids already shoot guns, they are 10 and 6 now, but have been shooting guns since they were big enough to hold them.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hit a nerve did I?

Thanks for taking a response I gave to someone else and making it look I aimed at it at you.

See the pretty red colours I've inserted into this screenshot of your post, then reread the dribble you posted above, then go to a mirror and shake your head....

Maybe you should spend less time throwing fits and more time learning to quote posts, as the first sentence you quoted from me was not aimed at you as you can clearly see. But good attempt to cover your tracks

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And so have you now and when you responded? That's what happens when you quote someone?

I'm not sure why I need to explain this to you, it feels like i'm teaching a primary school, but when you quote someone you tend to use their words yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninspired

a reply to: Nickn3

"People are much less rude when everyone has a weapon."

You can keep your messed up country to yourself. I just feel sorry for children who are brought up with this as the norm.

Everyone needs a gun to stop someone being rude to you. Sounds like a country of freedom?!?!

This seems easy, you don't like guns, that's fine. It sounds like you don't live in America? So it doesn't really affect you, I own guns and I've never shot anyone. My state is FULL of guns and I've never been shot. I'll stay armed, you stay unarmed, I don't see the problem.

Both my kids already shoot guns, they are 10 and 6 now, but have been shooting guns since they were big enough to hold them.

None of this affects me, doesn't mean I don't want to express my opinion.

By living in America your kids are more likely to be shot and by owning guns yourself your own kids are even more likely to be shot. If you can live with that, then that's fine. My argument is with people not accepting this truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

OK, well, clearly I'm dealing with the actual Homer Simpson so, I'm out, your immaturity and inability to comprehend sentences and replies is next-level.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You are of course entitled to your opinion, just as I am to mine. I respect those that don't like/want guns, the problem I have is that alot of those people are of the mind that no one should have guns. I certainly don't try and push guns on anyone. Living elsewhere they may be more likely to get stabbed or raped. My kids know guns are not toys, because I let them handle them the "wow" factor isn't there, it's not some forbidden fruit. I also don't leave them laying around for my kids "play" with.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is a true story.
About a year or so ago a woman left her children in a vehicle while she and her boyfriend went into a store. From what I can recall she was a legal gun owner and left the loaded gun in her purse in the floorboard of the vehicle. The oldest child took the gun from her purse and while attempting to unload it (presumably for safety) it discharged.
So, in my opinion we have an irresponsible gun owner, a child who may or may not have been told to never touch the weapon touching a weapon, a terrible accident and no obvious answers that I see. If I recall correctly the child may have been around 7 or so.
I think I've lost track of my point but, it's a quandary to balance rights of citizens along with making sure that those same citizens also follow some rule that would keep the rest of society safe.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

OK, well, clearly I'm dealing with the actual Homer Simpson so, I'm out, your immaturity and inability to comprehend sentences and replies is next-level.

Thank god for that, come back when you've calmed down a bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I get the parallel that you were trying to draw, but I think you missed the boat...

I do not know any responsible gun owner that does not condemn gun violence..

most of the people I know that have a beef in regards to terrorism do not hate people that follow the Islamic faith, the beef they have is the church itself will not condemn (that is slowly changing with individual imans speaking out) terrorist acts that take lives.

when the islamic faith becomes part of the solution you will stop seeing people attacking islam.

Least that is my 2 cents worth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join