It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American gun culture

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well, you get the prize for illogical today.

Fascism is taking away guns and any other means of standing up for yourself in order to control you, not allowing you to provide your own protection.

As for taking away everybody's guns . . . well let me know when you get them from all the criminals and then I'll gladly turn mine in as well. And yes, I include politicians and their private security firms, as well as celebrities and such too, as part of the criminal class.

Oh yes, don't forget the other group of people whom must be disarmed prior to the common citizen being disarmed . . . ALL government (armies, police, contractors, etc...)

And never forget: making a law against guns (or taking them away) only affects people who follow the laws. Therefore, the people you are wanting to stop will still have guns.

Now, would you like the red pill or the blue pill Neo?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree wholeheartedly, now how to calm the masses to a point that they can think straight, perhaps then we have a chance of uniting against a common enemy.

Only the complete dismantlement of group driven Identity Politics could achieve such at this state in unnatural social (de)evolution.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

YEp more importantly the ideology of those that wield the above mentioned tools.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

From the other side of an ocean i really couldnt muster a care about different categories of crime and how they happen.

Let them have their country, you have yours, and find something useful to do with yourself.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I guess you heard that whooooosh sound too huh.

My point has very little do with guns, read between the lines.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I agree wholeheartedly, now how to calm the masses to a point that they can think straight, perhaps then we have a chance of uniting against a common enemy.

Only the complete dismantlement of group driven Identity Politics could achieve such at this state in unnatural social (de)evolution.

Yeah but my team is better than yours..

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

From the other side of an ocean i really couldnt muster a care about different categories of crime and how they happen.

Let them have their country, you have yours, and find something useful to do with yourself.

Fair call, however you are not one of those screaming for the complete genocide of a religion based on the actions of a few, so this thread is not really aimed at someone with your mindset.
edit on 8-6-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Sounds like a great idea.

I nominate you to head up the door to door collections of said firearms.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I would much rather drink beer, thx though.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

But shouty murican morans.

You aint gonna change those fools. Let them die of heart disease, berating them is hardly likely to have an effect is it?

So who is the thread for?

You?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Actually it could be for me, maybe I needed to get that off my chest, who knows, it would be nice though if it at least made one person think.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The average American needs a gun because the average Criminal has a gun.

In America if a Criminal with a gun only kills three school children before being shot they consider this a success.

But don't for a minute even hint at trying to reduce the amount of guns available to criminals in America, suddenly the average American turns into Rambo. They seize this moment to tell everyone on the message board to try and take their gun from them, in this bright shining moment of fantastical delusion they are a hero. A one-man army (or modern day militia
for 2nd Amendment purposes). A government stopping, horse riding, gun-slinging cowboy. In reality they have fallen asleep again sat staring at the front door with their rifle on their lap. A sad paranoid life. That rifle is far more likely in their hands to shoot their own daughters face off than ever stop an intruded. But hey... everyone... shhh!... in that fantasy world he just stopped a bank robbery in the old west. Yeeehaaww!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Hey, good news!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You may get a laugh at of this if you haven't seen it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Hey, good news!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Phew! There are some would-be criminal out there who were put off by all the paperwork.

Now its easy as you like to get a gun!

I mean its not like any of the mass-shootings have been done by people with Concealed Carry Permits... oh wait, there have been 28 of those.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
If I lived in America I would be heavily armed because it is normal and necessary to be afraid of the Government/Police/your neighbours etc etc.

I own firearms in the country I live in, but it is because it's an enjoyable pastime, rather than, because I am afraid not to.
edit on 8-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I wonder if if would be criminals are put off by not having a gun? *Looks to the UK* ..hmm, nope.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
If I lived in America I would be heavily armed because it is normal and necessary to be afraid of the Government/Police/your neighbours etc etc.

I own firearms in the country I live in, but it is because it's an enjoyable pastime, rather than, because afraid not to.

Only in the cities where they are banned ironically.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

I own firearms in the country I live in, but it is because it's an enjoyable pastime, rather than, because afraid not to.

Only in the cities where they are banned ironically.

Things must have changed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I wonder if if would be criminals are put off by not having a gun? *Looks to the UK* ..hmm, nope.

Hmmmm, I wonder if the UK's murder rate is a lower than the USA's. *looks at the USA* ..hmm, yes.

If you want to judge a country on individual instances and then generalise it just let me know, i'll flood this thread for the next 1000+ pages with American homicides. I mean, only 300+ people have been shot and killed in America since this incident? Right...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join