It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American gun culture

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Who is "my team"?

You don't have a team! You need to go back and get some reneducation. Thinking outside of the box is not allowed.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. 

Thats like saying, "If one person uses computer to entice a child, that makes all computer owners bad"
Or, "If one person gets in a car, drives off and kills someone, that makes all car owners bad."
Even, "If one person drinks, then beats his/her spouse, that makes anyone who drinks bad."

I could go on & on. Negative actions performed by a person are the fault of that person.The tool(s) used are not to blame.

A final example, "If one person uses ATS to make ignorant claims & statements, all ATS users make ignorant claims & statements.

This is exactly what I am getting at

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

Speaking of dumb stuff have you by chance read back through any replies to this thread, the reason I ask is because had you read more than the title and opening paragraph you may have been able to respond with something a little more intelligent.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So...how do we decide who gets these things and who doesn't? We make observations. No black person should have a gun especially if they are poor or militant. No Muslim should have access to a large truck if they have radical views.

I Am not suggesting I have any answers, i was posting an analogy which some of you get the point and others sadly not.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
It is way too late.

Blame your fore-fathers. You cannot take away the 2nd Amendment ... We The People will not let you. If you want to try, there is a sure fire way to do it.

Call a Constitutional Convention ... and watch the 2nd get stronger!

I will leave this with the OP since they seem to need it.

P

That great graphic......Eminently logical , Captain.....
edit on 11-6-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Star date

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have no easy answers... But there was a murder here where a person killed someone with a crock pot to the head..

A CROCKPOT... So I really don't think there's an answer to violence

Thanks

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ban crackpots using crockpots

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
As visible in the recent shooting in Vegas, there was never a reason to capitulate to lefties during the 80s with the 1986 machine gun ban. Organized mass murderers are still capable of obtaining any weapon they want.

Rather... there are more sensible suggestions then bans. Tracability of firearms using modern databases and RFIDs embedded inside the trigger group or the barrel. This would prevent a situation in which an active shooter is using multiple weapons which aren't his own, and the authorities can't determine that those weapons were given to him by somebody else.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
As an additional step, at repeal of the machine gun ban and other bans on short rifle or such, the US should push the whole NATO and allies to adopt the "RFID" for Barrel and trigger group produced in NATO countries, including those sold to the military.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

2) My guns have never once harmed a human in 13 years, but if someone tries to come and forcibly take my property and means to self-defense away, they just might.

Great argument . NOT .

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

What's your argument that law-abiding individual's property should be taken away without due process?

That it's scary?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

...and have you missed how often people talk like that, and mean every last word of it?? Woosh, indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
One thing that I think that people abroad seem to ignore, or just be completely ignorant about is the size of the U.S. This includes all of America, not just big cities.

After looking at the numbers here in the U.S. our rural population is almost exactly the same as the entire population of the U.K.

Not everybody lives in an apartment building or condo in an overcrowded city.

Hell, I live literally in the middle of corn fields. Here we have coyote, varmint, and the occasion big cat problem. If you were to call 911 where I live because someone is breaking into your house, it would take the authorities at least 20 minutes to get here.

But let's not think about that. Let's only think that people all over the U.S. live as you do, tucked away safely every night comfy in your bed, knowing that the police are only 5 minutes away.

Hunting in the Midwest is a way of life for tens of thousands of people, men and women, but let's not think about that. Let's not think about the tens of millions of Americans whose weapons sit safely in their cases, cabinets, or safes.

Let's only focus on the very small fraction of criminal minded people that haveweapons and absolutely no respect for the law or other people's lives.

I personally believe that people need to get out of their cubicles, take a step out of their comfort bubble zone and go take a nature walk. But be careful because there just might be a bobcat, mountain lion, bear, or any other numerous large hunter animals stalking you on the trail.

Now excuse me why I sit here and lurk a little bit more on ATS and watch my dogs run around the yard barking into the corn field.
edit on 5-10-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2017 by liejunkie01 because: appeasing the grammar nazis

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That's a good point.

My state of residence, Alabama, is larger than the entire United Kingdom in terms of area.

We don't have near the population though. Outside of the 4 metro areas, it is very rural.

I could literally walk due east out my back door and not see another sign of humans until I hit the next road east, approximately a mile and a half away.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

I love to drive down in Alabama.

My nearest neighbor is only about 3/4 of a mile from me. But there are only 4 houses on my country road.

I just don't think that people actually look into the whole situation in which that are trying to sound "educated" in. Everybody has opinions and it seems that some people think that their opinion is the only and absolute one that makes sense, but that is only because they are referencing only of what they know.
edit on 5-10-2017 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
a reply to: liejunkie01

That's a good point.

My state of residence, Alabama, is larger than the entire United Kingdom in terms of area.

We don't have near the population though. Outside of the 4 metro areas, it is very rural.

I could literally walk due east out my back door and not see another sign of humans until I hit the next road east, approximately a mile and a half away.

To further this, my state, Alaska, is larger by land mass than all but 18 countries in the world. Mongolia is the third least densely populated country in the world at 4.4 people per Square Mile. Alaska has 1.3 people per Square Mile. If you take our lone "major city" of Anchorage (A massive 300,000 people spread out over 2,000 Square Miles) out of the equation, that number drops down to just under 0.8 people per Square Mile. For some degree of comparison, Alaska has more caribou than people, with the latest caribou estimates coming in at around 750,000 head... and the people census showing 741,000 resident humans.

This concept of American "gun culture" is bullcrap... It's vaporware. We've got rural and remote American culture, of which firearms are a part, same as people in the urban hells would consider a bus pass or subway card as an integral part of their culture.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You can play "CHICKEN LITTLE" if you want because.... DEATH!
However we don't see the loss of human life from isolated NUT cases as anything we know how to fix.AND we aren't stupid enough to give them UP like the moronic EUROPEANS getting overrun by Islam.
SO, too bad ,so sad, NO WAY ,get over disarming ,registration and without a legal line to indicate what sanity is ,MANY vets with PTSD are telling you as we SPEAK, where you can kiss them about the ideas.
We aren't loosing 30 rd mags or rifles by how they LOOK, anymore, without force,,and NO Progs could produce such laws or forces to take us..(.MUCH less the DNC violent FRINGES,HELL WE regularly KILL REAL NEONAZIS (AND LAUGH later at the loss of THEIR HUMAN LIFE,see a pattern amongst combat vets?)...so THOSE children should stay with their LATTES.
edit on 5-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If you compare the number of guns per capita to other nations our gun violence it quite low in comparison. You are far more likely to be "shot to bits" in Honduras than America. Like 10 times more likely.

The problem is extremists on both sides. One group wants no sensible regulations while the other just wants to abolish our right to self defense.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Hahaha you have to use Honduras as your example. What "other" nations.

Name the other 9 countries you could of used... let me start you off Guatemala, Swaziland, El Salvador...

Then name the 50+ countries who show much lower gun violence / guns per capita statistics.

This is the delusion that some American's live in.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Why isn't it an argument, a good one?

Is it any worse than folks trying to curtail Americans rights, simply because some of them might do something?

On a maybe? Not a good argument, at all.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join