It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American gun culture

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree wholeheartedly, now how to calm the masses to a point that they can think straight, perhaps then we have a chance of uniting against a common enemy.

Only the complete dismantlement of group driven Identity Politics could achieve such at this state in unnatural social (de)evolution.

Yeah but my team is better than yours..

Who is "my team"?

Anti-SJW's?

There's more of us, and we're more diverse.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
a reply to: SudoNim

The issue is all gun-owners have this "it won't be me" attitude. Some people will misuse guns or some parents will leave them around and they'll be taken, but "it won't be me". But it happens, time and time again, from people who make the exact same statements as you have.

So . . . should we ban knives, ropes, electrical cords, lawnmower blades, etc .... or maybe just ban everything and put everybody into padded rooms so as to prevent the misuse of anything.

Do knives, ropes, electrical cords, lawnmower blades etc have other primary purposes? Do guns?

Such a moronic comment, educate yourself and then return.

Before you go and start calling people names, why don't you sit back and take a look at your own statement.

Guns are tools just the same as all other objects mentioned, and they can all do harm and kill. It is the use and intention that causes harm.

So if this is really the case, then I guess according to you we should ban free thinking . . . you know like Germany did in the 1930s under Hitler. We all know how that turned out, but I guess you have a different viewpoint. But the beauty of modern society (especially in western civilization) is that you are entitled to have a differing viewpoint.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. 

Thats like saying, "If one person uses computer to entice a child, that makes all computer owners bad"
Or, "If one person gets in a car, drives off and kills someone, that makes all car owners bad."
Even, "If one person drinks, then beats his/her spouse, that makes anyone who drinks bad."

I could go on & on. Negative actions performed by a person are the fault of that person.The tool(s) used are not to blame.

A final example, "If one person uses ATS to make ignorant claims & statements, all ATS users make ignorant claims & statements.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The problem in American isn't guns, it's gangs. Most of the "gun violence" is gang related. Most of it happens in areas that have strict gun laws. Of course the standard retort is that "well they bring in the guns from places with weak gun laws". That's true, but if the availability of guns was the actual problem then the places with weak gun control laws should have similar gun violence rates. They don't.

Many of our big cities are cesspools of crime, all kinds of crime, including gun crime, that drive up the national average. The vast majority of gun owners aren't a problem, and we don't believe in taking away their right to defend themselves to hypothetically stop criminals from getting guns. It's been shown over and over that doesn't work here. It may work other places with different cultures and different overall crime rates, but it doesn't work here.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

All pro-gun owners are not anti muslim. A small .01% of gun owners and muslims act irresponsibly, in turn giving the rest of the gun owners and muslims a bad name.(i did catch your comparison in the OP).
So if we take away all the guns, people will still murder innocents, theyll just use a knife, ax, hammer, bare hands, or whatever.
If we take away all the muslims, it wont stop terrorism but it WILL stop people from blowing up innocent people in the name of Islam.
Correct me if Im wrong, but I cant recall hearing about a suicide bomber killing innocents in the name of Buddha, or Jehova, or Jesus.
I cant recall the last time I seen a group of Hindu people practicing shooting and killing others for the glory of Brahman.
Ive never read a story about the followers of Shinto beheading innocents who didnt believe in Kami.
If I want to buy a gun, ill have to wait 7 days while they run a full backround check. If I want to visit another country, I can jump on a plane, and walk right in with just a quick background check. While im there i can rent a truck and start running down everyone I assume isnt Agnostic.
Before the "radical islam" terrorists, the last group of recognized terrorists I can recall are the IRA.
They were fighting to end an occupation of their country. Thats an issue that can be solved/negotiated can it not?
The muslim terrorists are fighting for religious supremacy.
Christians did that also once, there was this lil group called the Nazi party you can look up.
Thank god theyre not around, otherwise you wouldn't even be able make your OP. Now you might ask yourself why theyre not around. Its not because we tolerated their beliefs. Its not because we were empathetic to their cause. Its because some people are just plain evil and need to be irradicated.
These Nazi folks didnt represent Christianity. They represented pure evil. These Nazi folks were eliminated, and ever since there hasnt been a Holocaust ​that I can recall.
So comparing guns to terrorists is an unfair equation. Youre comparing a tool to a religion. So if we eliminated hammers, would we not build houses? As long as there were architects and engineers, we would find another way to build them without hammers.
Now what if we eliminated the architects and engineers? We'd still still have hammers...
...but they would be completely useless....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real

A small .01% of gun owners and muslims act irresponsibly,

This is especially true of gun owners. Here's John Lott explaining that to the PA State House because they're deliberating a bill to allow concealed carry in schools. It's funny how the statistics simply don't bare out the majority of the gun control lobby's myths.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Not in your lifetime Ozzie.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
I see what you did there or did I?

If it has something to do with the calls to arms on a certain religion then yes.

ETA .

I should elaborate, an attempt to draw a parallel to the stupidity of calling for a culling of all when its a few that cause the problems.

What I figured yes. While a Second Amendment supporter myself, I see what you meant, so I'm not bothered by it in that context. My analogy approach probably would have been more harsh to try to explain this issue.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

While I agree with the it's not overall all the legal gun owners faults as much as it is gangs. Of course there are-likely smaller cases- where the legal guns fall into hands of the crminals. With the gangs part, I don't think it's the same all over with that. I am near a fairly large city where gun laws are not that strict(maybe more strict than surrounding states however), where gun violence from gangs is growing. If I've heard right most of the shootings this year were related to the gangs. It's the gentrification of neighborhoods that may be causing the gangs to come more into contact as their lose their more extensive turf areas.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: face23785

While I agree with the it's not overall all the legal gun owners faults as much as it is gangs. Of course there are-likely smaller cases- where the legal guns fall into hands of the crminals. With the gangs part, I don't think it's the same all over with that. I am near a fairly large city where gun laws are not that strict(maybe more strict than surrounding states however), where gun violence from gangs is growing. If I've heard right most of the shootings this year were related to the gangs. It's the gentrification of neighborhoods that may be causing the gangs to come more into contact as their lose their more extensive turf areas.

Well of course it's not the same all over. That's why I didn't say it was all the big cities. There's no one single explanation that fits every city. In general though, if we worked on solving our drug and gang problems, you'd see a dramatic drop in "gun violence". Those are tough issues though, and it's a lot easier for lazy politicians to just blame guns to get easy votes from people who have been suckered by the one-sided media coverage over the years. I used to be one of those people. Once you start looking into the matter yourself you find a lot of the stuff you thought you knew about guns is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

With all the gun violence in America these days I think it's time something was done about it .

Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. They are dangerous, dangerous people with dangerous weapons.

Its time we recognize the enemy and deal with them before it is too late and we all get shot to bits, I for one will not sit by idly and let this threat gain power and take over.

We are at war, the enemy has infiltrated us in our sleep and we are now pay the price for our complacency .

It is time to put an end to mass shootings in schools, our neighbourhoods, our shopping centres. Enough is enough the world needs to be rid of these criminals.

No Matter which religion you follow, whether that be conceal carry or open carry or any other type of carrying there is your time is coming to an end and as citizens of the earth we stand united against your facism and intolerance.

Fire away

I'll respond...but I won't fire away.

You are 100% correct. You stated it perfectly and you pointed out the problem with precision. We need to stop the idiots and criminals from having access to guns, knives, trucks, cars, machetes, poison, bombs, baseball bats, etc. The respectable and law abiding people should have access to all these things because, they are responsible and law abiding. This way, only the scum get shot. The way it should be.

So...how do we decide who gets these things and who doesn't? We make observations. No black person should have a gun especially if they are poor or militant. No Muslim should have access to a large truck if they have radical views.

You feel free to lay out the rules and as long as law abiding, respectable people can keep their Constitutional rights...and only the scum lose those right...I'm right there behind you.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Good attempt, but not gonna give you the prize.
Over emotional trolls such as yourself LOVE to piss on and ant hill for the thrill.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneedyes the us has so much gun violence boo hoo why don't we compare that with lets say sudan, yemen ,,nigeria, apparently soon to be qatar,syria ,lebenon, isreal. yet no one asks the main question were are all the guns being used to massacre thousands in these countries is coming from? people fear guns because they look scary they make loud noise and can kill you but so does lots of other things the killers in london didn't need guns because they realized a lorry could do much more damage luckily the one tasked f.or getting the lorry did not have the funds to rent the size truck he requested , china has been flooding conflict areas with ak-47s for decades

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It's easy.

The USA has 3 times the gun violence of NorthWestern Europe and Australia.

Almost every one of those countries has a non-European minority population approaching 10%

USA's non-European population is 30%.

We have 3 times the minorities, and 3 times the crime.

Google it, bro.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
"Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. That is hands down one of the dumbest things I have ever seen posted to the internet and that's saying alot... On that note if you don't like one of the fundamental principles this country was founded on you got two choices buddy deal with it or leave but NO ONE will ever disarm America without massive bloodshed the likes this country has never seen think civil war but so much worse with modern weapons and that's what you anti gun nuts keep pushing for a full on bloodbath all because you don't like an inanimate objects... ill leave yall with this little tidbit we are ranked 1 on most sites 4 on 1 and 10 on another but the U.S tops the most hated country in the world list dam near every year so yea lets give up all our guns and trust our government to defend us against foreign invasion after we lose our number one deterrent the second amendment cus ya know the government has done such a swell job with everything else they do...

inewsjournal.com...
www.ranker.com...
www.abcnewspoint.com... es-in-the-world-2015/

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I do not know any responsible gun owner that does not condemn gun violence..

I agree , on the other hand I could say I have never met a muslim than condones terrorism either.

when the islamic faith becomes part of the solution you will stop seeing people attacking islam.

Absolutely, the way its going unless we see a definitive distinction between radical Islam and Islam it is going to get far worse.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

With all the gun violence in America these days I think it's time something was done about it .

Let's face it, one or even 10000 bad gun owners make all gun owners bad. They are dangerous, dangerous people with dangerous weapons.

Its time we recognize the enemy and deal with them before it is too late and we all get shot to bits, I for one will not sit by idly and let this threat gain power and take over.

We are at war, the enemy has infiltrated us in our sleep and we are now pay the price for our complacency .

It is time to put an end to mass shootings in schools, our neighbourhoods, our shopping centres. Enough is enough the world needs to be rid of these criminals.

No Matter which religion you follow, whether that be conceal carry or open carry or any other type of carrying there is your time is coming to an end and as citizens of the earth we stand united against your facism and intolerance.

Fire away

Two words. MIDDLE FINGER

If you are so scared leave. I hear antartica has virtually no guns at all. Oh but what about the children? The momnet you start trying to change the constitution by taking away our rights to protection from anything we call a threat you cease being a patriot and become a facist.

Would you agree that gun owners could be potential terrorists ?

I realize this is a slippery slope, but so is lumping all Muslims as terrorists, it all leads to us, the people like you and me having more rights eroded.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

a reply to: JDeLattre89

I guess you heard that whooooosh sound too huh.

My point has very little do with guns, read between the lines.

Then you my friend are very bad at making a point.

You spend the first 2/3 of the post talking about the problem being gun violence, and then proceed in the last 1/3 of the post to say the reason behind gun violence is gun owners (and the religious nuts who own guns, at least that is your implications in making it as gun ownership is a religion).

Perhaps I am.

The analogy I came up with is far from perfect but yes gun ownership could be perceived as a religion in my view and like any religion there are nutters hiding among the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Then we are in agreement, the tool is not the problem . So how do we weed out all those that wish to do others harm ?Without the focus being on a minority that is?.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

This is America. You can leave and join the rest of the world. Don't let the wall hit you on the way out.

Did you type that out muttering in Spartan slang ?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join