It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

We are even neighbours in real life, talk about synchronicity!

I knew that...

As for the bill itself, if it is what the OP says it is - the right to take away kids if the parents disagree with their gender - absolutely insane imo, and if it isn't, then who cares?

This poster, CranialSponge—another fellow Canuck— had an intelligent response a moment just before yours. It sums this thread up perfectly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-6-2017 by Involutionist because: because my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Looking now.

I read the article and how the bill was described from the journalists stand point but I did not read the bill.

peace

And that is what your mistake was. That's no different than seeing an article in your Facebook feed that says the gov't is going to abolish the pledge of allegiance in schools and force kids to become Muslims and then believing it just because the article says so.

If you're going to read ONE article about a law without actually reading THE LAW..chances are you shouldn't be making an entire thread about it and using words like BEWARE in the title.
edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Incomplete post.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Just a bit right of center but have a giant pile of leave other peoples families to them to raise. Keep your government BS to yourselves. State and federal regulations have no place in private homes, and so forth.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Government has no place on child abuse?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

So disregarding the bill itself, discussing the social issues that it entails is not on topic?

Sorry but I am definitely on topic.

Btw I'm having a discussion (which require 2 people) about these issues.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

with your misinformation and disinformation

Don't blame the messenger. I posted the article and the contents. If the bill doesn't read as the article - gosh - I guess I'm a victim of fake news! *GASP*

Even so the collective we plodded on anyway expressing our concerns, theories and beliefs - kind of like what adults do on ATS.

One of those being - facts are the new social norm admonishing parents that their 4-5 year olds know better than you what and who they are. After being subjected to information they’re exposed to at school, etc, information they have no business being introduced to AT THAT AGE.

What a load a crap.

Oh, and as for jumping on the bandwagon? You're here aren't you?

peace

By all means, if you want to start a thread about gender dysphoria, then have at it.

But don't try to drag my country into your opinion and political viewpoints by starting a thread about Bill 89 that has nothing to do with Bill 89.

I for one don't appreciate your using my country as a pawn on a subject that you obviously feel strongly about. If Bill 89 actually was all about what you claim, then you'd actually have a piece of ground to stand on.

But as it turns out, you don't.

Nothing to do with fake news and everything to do with the fact that you bought into a misinformed opinion piece (linked in your OP)... a source that is not an actual news site... therefore, NOT fake news at all. Just another blogosphere op-ed being taken as literal.

Don't get mad at those of us who are pointing out your error and trying to correct the record.

Just admit you're wrong about Bill 89 and start a new thread about the subject you actually want to talk about.

Easy peasy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

So you agree with her that discussing the social issues revovled around transgender is off topic?

Can't argue with the logic being presented here.

Anyways I'm outta here.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Just a bit right of center but have a giant pile of leave other peoples families to them to raise. Keep your government BS to yourselves. State and federal regulations have no place in private homes, and so forth.

It's not MY govt BS. If you want to do away with the progressive propaganda, I think we should rid of the ridiculously close minded right wing propaganda. And all this "Nation under God" garbage. And anything else that screams old Christian founding father mentality that inhibits progression and acceptance. That ALSO has no place in 'private homes, and so forth'.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So you agree with her that discussing the social issues revovled around transgender is off topic?

Which, again, has nothing to do with Bill 89.

The thread title says specifically this:

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law

But it's not about Canada or Canada's "gender identity law" or Bill 89.... so why does this thread exist with the title that it has ?

You're talking about a subject that has nothing to do with the thead's given title.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This thread should be moved to hoax forum.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

This thread should be moved to hoax forum.

Amen to that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ohh and I suppose we are just expected to allow children to dictate procedure and protocol to supercede the parents? Were you allowed to simply do as you please as a child? Not likely.
edit on 8-6-2017 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Uh I don't think anyone is advocating for letting children do whatever they want.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Only if absolutely necessary. If it can handled as a family matter, it should be.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sorry but I have to disagree with you.

I am definitely on topic, and if you think otherwise you're free to report me to the mods and let them decide.

You're just upset with the thread and trying to disregard everything involved. What I'm discussing has GREAT relevance to this discussion and if you can't see that, sorry but that's on you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

That's what this bill is for. It's to ensure that no child is being abused due to orientation, gender identity, race, religion, etc. etc. That's all there is to it really.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Ohh and I suppose we are just expected to allow children to dictate procedure and protocol to supercede the parents? Were you allowed to simply do as you please as a child? Not likely.

Haha, how typical of you to assume something in such a black and white manner. I didn't say that. Nowhere did I say kids should do whatever they want and to hell with bedtime.

If you'd been paying attention, I was saying that parents should be more supportive if they have a child going through these types of feelings. Instead of not accepting it and forcing their child to stifle it because it's "Your home, your rules!"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Do you think it is child abuse to force a child with gender dysphoria to accept the gender that match it's sex?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Like I said, they can grow up to be whoever or whatever they damned well please, but first, grow up. Will not have my 5 year old telling me what he is or isn't beyond being a 5 year old. They are barely old enough to know their ass from their elbow, as if they know anything of real importance.

Now if he came to me at 15 or 16 saying this that or the other, I would respond along the lines of, well good only two or three more years to go, now you have something to look forward to.
edit on 8-6-2017 by sycomix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The problem is, your opinion has a very limited scope. You're not seeing beyond the foggy view of your "My house, my rules" perspective. A lot of people going through this have feelings younger than the 18 year mark. So, judging by everything you've said, you'd rather them stifle a huge part of who they are just because they're not 18 and are still living under your roof. As if going through this would hurt you in any way. SMH. Have you ever talked to a person going through this to better understand the heartache they go through?

And a five year old not knowing their ass from their elbow? Damn..you're not giving five y/o's much credit now are you...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join