It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

That is an anecdote. I think I'll listen to psychiatrists and their studies.

Listen to psychologists on both side of the issue. Also do research on the possible complications of hormone therapy and look at the lifetime cost of the whole procedure to evaluate if it is worth it.

How much to psychologists treating these people make in the multiple appointments they get from them. They will do things to boost the business of people of their kind, people in their line of work like psychologists and therapists.

Gender dysphoria is so rare how can they make money out of it?

Well, the only way someone is going to know if their kid has gender dysphoria is to take them to a psychologist. The psychologists get paid either way. I actually know three parents who did that. Their kids got free therapy from the government. In the end, after all the allowed sessions were used up, they told the parents the kids are ok now. Just depression. Power of suggestion, the kids now believe they are cured because they were told they were cured.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I came here to read through the rest of this thread after commenting on your thread and you have your paw prints all over it. Surprise surprise. Gotta love synchronicity and irony...

You have at least a half dozen comments in this thread. You must be very intellectually endowed—especially on the topic of pseudo-psychology.

I'm not here to debate this with you. I know without a doubt what's going on.

Humble yourself...

Btw, what are your thoughts on the B.S OP (twisted propaganda) and the *actual* contents of the Bill 89?

www.cbc.ca...

After all, why feed into the ignorance...?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Another thing, the kid would never even know that gender disphoria existed unless someone tells him/her.

You mean the term?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

That does not really make any sense when you're talking about the power of suggestion. She's not contributing to the problem. What you're saying is that if a transgender person was reading her reply, they'd feel more inclined to kill themselves because Kayla's post mentions suicide? I HIGHLY doubt that. In fact....the notion you have made is almost laughable.

If the kid is already having issues and is in a depression, they are more prone to power of suggestion by reading something like that. Evidently you know very little about psychology. You should easily find evidence to verify what I said if you actually looked. I am not going to waste my time looking, you will not accept any legitimate sources I would supply anyway.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: CranialSponge

It's no BS society is pushing on every front to force children to become aware of something within themselves they are NOT mature enough to handle, they do not have the tools to handle (unless they are given to them by someone else) and to manipulate children's mind in such a manner is abuse at it’s highest form.

You’re not giving the child ‘themselves’ you’re robbing them of themselves, their peace, their joy at being a child, their innocence.

And the innocence is what modern day society want to steal more than anything.

As for lemmings? That’s rich.

Because someone agrees with my point of view they’re a lemming?

I’ve never even had a private conversation with anyone here but Rickymouse and that was probably 10 years ago.

But I know you were mad and just had to say something mean and nasty didn’t you poor thing. Immature Fail.

peace

You're point of view has absolutely nothing to do with what this bill is all about.

So the fact that a bunch of other people are jumping on board with your misinformation and disinformation campaign based off of a propaganda opinion piece without knowing what the hell Bill 89 is actually all about, then yes they too are lemmings to the ignorance displayed in your thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Another thing, the kid would never even know that gender disphoria existed unless someone tells him/her.

You mean the term?

We are taught that the color blue is blue so we can communicate, actually color is not perceived the same by anyone, we only have learned to make it so we are all can communicate that color we see. The kid just does not feel right hanging around with kids of his sex. What is wrong with that? He is not like other boys, she is not like other girls. I see nothing wrong with that, if a guy wants to have long hair, there is nothing wrong with that, if he wants to be gay, no problem.

Just because someone is different doesn't mean that they have to change their sex. The whole sex change thing is a scam, most people who do it are not satisfied with theirselves after a while anyway, they treated the symptoms, they did not cure the problem. Read this.www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I came here to read through the rest of this thread after commenting on your thread and you have your paw prints all over it. Surprise surprise. Gotta love synchronicity and irony... 

We are even neighbours in real life, talk about synchronicity!

You have at least a half dozen comments in this thread. You must be very intellectually endowed—especially on the topic of pseudo-psychology.

I thought you'd never notice. Thanks.

Humble yourself...

I'm very humbled, thank you again.

Btw, what are your thoughts on the B.S OP (twisted propaganda) and the *actual* contents of the Bill 89?

Could care less to be honest. I'm here to discuss gender dysphoria and the social/mental issues involved, being the pseudo-psychologist that I am. I fit nicely in this arm-chair. As for the bill itself, if it is what the OP says it is - the right to take away kids if the parents disagree with their gender - absolutely insane imo, and if it isn't, then who cares?

After all, why feed into the ignorance...?

You getting full yet?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So it seems to me you're saying the world is proffiting over these poor mixed up kids.

That makes sense - nothing is sacred especially children.

So in combination with the introduction of testosterone/estrogen (I even heard soy milk blamed for the feminization of men) hormones being introduced early into a child's body - it might be the cause of their confusion.

Which would bring me to the question, does a 8 year old lets say already 'feel' different? Or - when the 8 year old feels different does society enforce the 'different feeling' - calling it gender denial?

I could have just said cart before the horse or some such but there you go.

peace

You got all that right, it seems that society is going askew on this. I saw parents obsessed with doing things they think are happening with sex identity and the kids are just going along with their parents. The boy now got his long hair cut and does not wear skirts or ponytails anymore, his dad actually listened to my hints. The thing is he was trying to be his kids friend, we have to be their parents, sometimes kids want us to say no so they can't do things they are being pressured into doing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

As for the bill itself, if it is what the OP says it is - the right to take away kids if the parents disagree with their gender - absolutely insane imo,

As someone pointed out that is false.
Here's a quote from an article:

“You can’t remove a kid because the parent disagrees with the fact that a child is gay. What you can do is remove a child if that child is being abused because of that,” Coteau told QP Briefing. 

www.lifesitenews.com...

It's a knee-jerk reaction from the right, pure and simple. (Before you accuse me of being partisan, you're the one who started it.
)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Quite a strawman you're building. And no. It still does NOT make sense. Even if a DEPRESSED transgender read her post, I (again) HIGHLY doubt they'd feel like committing suicide because she mentioned the word suicide. If anything they'd be touched by her post because she's legitimately sticking up for them. Had she made a hateful post condemning transgenders and had she explicitly said something like "They should all kill themselves!" Theeeen you'd have an argument. Until then, stop pretending to fit into big boy/big girl pants and hurling assumptions like me supposedly knowing nothing about psychology and go learn yourself because every post you make shows you're actually the one who isn't that well versed.

And what a way to be both lazy and evasive. "You wouldn't read my sources anyway, so boo on you!" I'd be happy to read them if you actually had some to provide. You're making the claims so the burden of proof is on you. Just because you can't back your own self up doesn't mean I wouldn't read any 'sources' you provide. That's all on you. I'm all abut evidence. So if you have some, by all means, provide it. If not, you're just making yourself look foolish by going out of your way to say I'd do something that I never said I'd do.
edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Incomplete post.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Sighs. Gender identity is not a scam. Children with gender dysphoria as young as maybe 3 IIRC knew they are different without outside influence.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

with your misinformation and disinformation

Don't blame the messenger. I posted the article and the contents. If the bill doesn't read as the article - gosh - I guess I'm a victim of fake news! *GASP*

Even so the collective we plodded on anyway expressing our concerns, theories and beliefs - kind of like what adults do on ATS.

One of those being - facts are the new social norm admonishing parents that their 4-5 year olds know better than you what and who they are. After being subjected to information they’re exposed to at school, etc, information they have no business being introduced to AT THAT AGE.

What a load a crap.

Oh, and as for jumping on the bandwagon? You're here aren't you?

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

and if it isn't, then who cares?

I haven't been discussing the bill at all in this thread. I'm more interested in the social and mental issues if you haven't noticed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Curious if you have read the bill and the article I linked (I gave a quote)?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Question is - how does a 3 year old know these things without being told.

Most 3 year olds recognize the difference between Daddy and Mommy, Barbie and Ken - but all it is to them is a difference until someone starts feeding them details no 3 year old could innately know on their own.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Looking now.

I read the article and how the bill was described from the journalists stand point but I did not read the bill.

peace

link   

I'm here to discuss gender dysphoria and the social/mental issues involved, being the pseudo-psychologist that I am.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with Bill 89.

As for the bill itself, if it is what the OP says it is - the right to take away kids if the parents disagree with their gender - absolutely insane imo, and if it isn't, then who cares?

Apparently you and the OP care a great deal about a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with Bill 89 (which makes this entire thread a moot dead end)....

And since the OP started this thread based on their uninformed opinion of what Bill 89 is NOT about, you seem to enjoy riding the propaganda train over the cliff to nowhere right alongside with them.

Otherwise you'd bow out knowing that this thread was made specifically about Bill 89, only to discover that it's not.

I would have expected better of a fellow Canadian to be more informed on a Canadian subject (particularly when it's your own province involved)... or am I expecting too much ?

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

and if it isn't, then who cares?

I haven't been discussing the bill at all in this thread. I'm more interested in the social and mental issues if you haven't noticed.

Many posters here obviously care.
And yes I have noticed. I guess discussing the social and mental issues of gender identity is not too far from the topic.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Do children know they are different from other of the opposite sex?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Not sure I understand the last part of your post.

Thanks

peace

I would guess it's partially referring to your comment here and to others advocating for punishing the child for wanting to transition:

I can just hear the conversation... 'Hey, my mom and dad didn't spank my ass and tell me to go outside and play when I was 4 and now I have no penise.'

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join