It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Bone75

It has already been explaned many times. The bill is not about taking the kids away if the parents disagree with gender identity. It's about the abuse.

Abuse is a mighty broad term. In fact, some would say that disagreeing with your child's gender identity is abuse in and of itself.

Not really. That is like Christian parents disagreeing with homosexuality but still support and love their gay child.
Here's a quote:

“You can’t remove a kid because the parent disagrees with the fact that a child is gay. What you can do is remove a child if that child is being abused because of that,” Coteau told QP Briefing. 

www.lifesitenews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

The more we progress, the more conservative thought is dying because people are waking up to the idea that we should accept and love one another despite our differences.

Then you should love and accept the different views of conservatives. Conservative thought is not dying.. it is actually getting stronger ... and that is something progressive libs need to accept.

I accept that you believe and feel the way you do. What I can't accept in the lack of acceptance that comes from your type. The hatred, the intolerance Any loving person would see why 'accepting' intolerance and NONacceptance is not the right thing to do. And it's not stronger..it's just louder now for obvious reasons. Louder doesn't mean better or stronger.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

Umm morality has literally nothing to do with religion. At least not in the long run. Most of my family is extremely diverse, baptists, atheists, agnostics, wicca even the occasional buddhist, but we all agree on one thing, the moral degradation of the modern family unit is a serious problem and must be addressed before we end up like the greeks, romans or any other great civilization that fell due to depravity.

To be clear I don't care in the least bit what you do behind closed doors, just keep the door closed and not in my house.

For many it has EVERYTHING to do with it. Maybe not for you, but for many it does. So, even if you want to take the religion part of it out and merely focus on morality by itself...the same idea still stands. Being trans is not morally depraved. That's very close minded to think. And differing family dynamics also DOES NOT equal moral depravity. Rape. Murder. Pedophilia. Those things are moral depravity. A kid with two moms or a child born with a penis telling his parents he feels in his heart that he is not supposed to be a boy...That is NOT depravity.
edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Fixed spelling error.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No it's mental illness, that's like handing an alcoholic a bottle of whiskey or a drug addict another hit and telling them, it's ok you're only sick. You could not possibly be responsible for your own actions. Utter nonsense in it's finest form.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

“You can’t remove a kid because the parent disagrees with the fact that a child is gay. What you can do is remove a child if that child is being abused because of that,”

It's already illegal to abuse your child for any reason. So why is there a need for this bill?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

“You can’t remove a kid because the parent disagrees with the fact that a child is gay. What you can do is remove a child if that child is being abused because of that,”

It's already illegal to abuse your child for any reason. So why is there a need for this bill?

They amended it. That's why it was in the news. Not sure what they amended. Probably changed to include gender identity. I dunno. I'm just here to correct OP's mistake.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It gives Child Services the proper resources to deal with it in a far better manner. The bill is not just what parents can do, or what children can do, it is also the definition of what Family Services can do, and what they can get resources for.

This was an area that was woefully inadequate, and this bill corrects that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You've made five posts in this thread that all basically amount to "nuh uh, you guys don't know what you're talking about".

That is simply because they don't know what they are talking about. The entire OP is based off propaganda. Bill 89 has NOTHING to do with anything in the OP and the discussion that has followed. Context is important...

Btw, if you had read ALL her post in *detail* you would understand that.

How about actually attempting to correct the record by giving us your interpretation of the bill instead of repeating the same thing over and over again?

It is not "her" interpretation.

This is Bill 89:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It allows children a voice of their own. It also adds another layer of protection to children.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: Sheye

The more we progress, the more conservative thought is dying because people are waking up to the idea that we should accept and love one another despite our differences.

Then you should love and accept the different views of conservatives. Conservative thought is not dying.. it is actually getting stronger ... and that is something progressive libs need to accept.

I accept that you believe and feel the way you do. What I can't accept in the lack of acceptance that comes from your type. The hatred, the intolerance Any loving person would see why 'accepting' intolerance and NONacceptance is not the right thing to do. And it's not stronger..it's just louder now for obvious reasons. Louder doesn't mean better or stronger.

Why do you call me hateful for having opinions on what is morally sound ? You seem to be the intolerant one here. I know louder doesn't mean better... the left proves it often.

Agree to disagree with no hate ( geez .. I'm already praying for you .. how can you call that hate)

Back on topic now.. I totally understand where Silo is coming from and she was ganged up on by some mean egotistical intolerant types 😕... how sad , but typical , coming from those who preach love and acceptance of all 🙄

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

No it's mental illness, that's like handing an alcoholic a bottle of whiskey or a drug addict another hit and telling them, it's ok you're only sick. You could not possibly be responsible for your own actions. Utter nonsense in it's finest form.

There's a way to be supportive. And what you were saying was in regards to calling it moral depravity. And no..it's not the same as handing an alcoholic a bottle. Spoon feeding your child ideas to have them believe that they're a different gender...that is wrong (I saw one documentary on it, but I'm not convinced this is a common occurrence where a parent raises their child as a differing gender just because the parent wants to....again not a common occurrence so I don't think that plays a part here) But...if a child ON THEIR own begins to have these feelings..it doesn't mean their mentally ill or stunted. And it certainly does not mean they're morally depraved. In the event this happens, I'm just arguing that parents should be supportive as opposed to not accepting it and forcing their child to stifle their feelings.

I'm against spoon feeding a child any type of belief, be it religion or if I want my son to be a girl. A child should have the right to find out who they are. So your post merely displays a false analogy fallacy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Here's the bill if you're interested:
www.ontla.on.ca...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I believe he is saying the hate is coming from the right on forcing children to accept who the parents want them to be, not supporting them and getting them help.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What you;re calling 'morally sound' is your closely guarded opinion. I'm not insulting you. I didn't call you hateful. You're clearly displaying un-acceptance. I'm not wanting to burn you at the stake or anything. I do preach love and acceptance of all. We accept that people with beliefs like yours exist. We also accept that with those beliefs you believe in concepts that are not very tolerant and accepting of certain groups/types of people. There was nothing hateful about what I said.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm saying. Exactly exactly.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

A female who loves and cares about their fellow human.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Mad? Me? Nope. You're a hoot.

And honestly - your patriotism for your country is to be applauded though I could care less what country it is spouting this drivel - I'll pounce.

Let me see what I can do to get the title changed. If not - report it to a Mod. Let them decide.

Needless to say - it's the subject matter we're discussing not the bill at this point - too bad the muck up in between.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Hahahaha!

Really? You're posting a picture as a way to back up your argument. Oh jeez...

Hahahaahhahahaha!

Seriously, let's be friends!
You're hilarious!

And to actually address what I think you're trying to say with that picture..you should have read my posts prior. I never said I believe in all of these new genders. If you had actually paid attention to my posts, you would see that I'm not a fan of pushing all these new labels. I don't wish to be a part of this new pronoun war. What I do believe in is being supportive and not forcing your child to stifle their sense of self. The public pronoun war and an individual child's sense of self are not the same.
edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Added

edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Incomplete post.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I believe he is saying the hate is coming from the right on forcing children to accept who the parents want them to be, not supporting them and getting them help.

So a six year old child should tell a parent who they want to be and force their support ? " mommy I want to wear dresses and go to the girls washroom because I feeeel like I should "🤷🏻‍♀️

That sounds like the child forcing their desires on the people responsible for his upbringing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Easily illustrates my point, emphasis on illustrates. LOL

Who in their right mind can even begin to believe that nonsense?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Bill 89 has NOTHING to do with anything in the OP and the discussion that has followed. Context is important...

Really?

This comes from the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:

The paramount purpose of the Act — to promote the best interests, protection and well-being of children — remains unchanged from the current Act.

The additional purposes of the Act are expanded to include the following:

To recognize that services to children and young persons should be provided in a manner that respects regional differences wherever possible and takes into account,

physical, emotional, spiritual, mental and developmental needs and differences among children and young persons;

a child’s or young person’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; and

a child’s or young person’s cultural and linguistic needs.

(snip)

Temporary care agreements may be entered into with respect to children of any age and are no longer restricted to children younger than 16

Bill 89, Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017

Gender identity anyone?

What a bunch a BS - later it says:

Instead, a society is to choose a residential placement that, where possible, respects the child’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and cultural and linguistic heritage.

Really? Really? So YOUR SOCIETY is to choose the best place for a child? Are you INSANE?

So a 4 year old is on the playground telling a friend 'My mommy made me sit in the corner because I told her I feel like a girl/boy'.

Teacher jumps on it and from there the SOCIETY makes the CHOICE where YOUR CHILD GOES?

I don't give a shat what any of you say - it's WRONG!

peace
edit on 1403Thursday201713 by silo13 because: what a load a crap

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join