It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Parents - Canada's new 'gender identity' law.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

It's called being supportive and not stifling. No one ever said to let the child make all the decisions.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

And to actually address what I think you're trying to say with that picture..you should have read my posts prior. I never said I believe in all of these new genders. If you had actually paid attention to my posts, you would see that I'm not a fan of pushing all these new labels. I don't wish to be a part of this new pronoun war. What I do believe in is being supportive and not forcing your child to stifle their sense of self. The public pronoun war and an individual child's sense of self are not the same.

Anyhow, been nice debating with you. I'm off for the night.

edit on 8-6-2017 by ReyaPhemhurth because: Because

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Thank you! I love visuals.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Have a great evening!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Needless to say - it's the subject matter we're discussing not the bill at this point - too bad the muck up in between.

...but the Bill has absolutely NOTHING to do with the subject matter.

This thread belongs in "Skunk Works" forum. The OP link was based on propaganda—pure fiction—which was the motivation to create this thread and discuss a subject matter that had absolutely nothing to do with Bill 89. That is the lesson here. Also, the fact that so many people bought into the OP is alarming.

I could care less what country it is spouting this drivel - I'll pounce.

Fair enough and it is admirable that you possess a kind heart to do so.

However, Canada is NOT spouting this drivel. Your OP was based off propaganda—not facts.

As Cranial Sponge stated in the comment you responded to:

If Bill 89 actually was all about what you claim, then you'd actually have a piece of ground to stand on.

But as it turns out, you don't.

Nothing to do with fake news and everything to do with the fact that you bought into a misinformed opinion piece (linked in your OP)... a source that is not an actual news site... therefore, NOT fake news at all. Just another blogosphere op-ed being taken as literal.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Sheye

I believe he is saying the hate is coming from the right on forcing children to accept who the parents want them to be, not supporting them and getting them help.

So a six year old child should tell a parent who they want to be and force their support ? " mommy I want to wear dresses and go to the girls washroom because I feeeel like I should "🤷🏻‍♀️

That sounds like the child forcing their desires on the people responsible for his upbringing.

You might need to read up a little more on this. If the child's gender dysphoria is legit it will persist for a long time. It's not like when a kid suddenly decides he's a superman and it lasts for maybe 1 to 2 weeks then he loses interest. If the gender dysphoria is legit it is in parents' best interest to take the child to counselors and psychiatrists. This is not "forcing" the parents to accept it. It is to ensure the welfare of the child.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

You sure about that?

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: Involutionist

Bill 89 has NOTHING to do with anything in the OP and the discussion that has followed. Context is important...

Really?

Information gained from The Legislative Assembly of Ontario:

The paramount purpose of the Act — to promote the best interests, protection and well-being of children — remains unchanged from the current Act.

The additional purposes of the Act are expanded to include the following:

To recognize that services to children and young persons should be provided in a manner that respects regional differences wherever possible and takes into account,

physical, emotional, spiritual, mental and developmental needs and differences among children and young persons;

a child’s or young person’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, disability, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression; and

a child’s or young person’s cultural and linguistic needs.

(snip)

Temporary care agreements may be entered into with respect to children of any age and are no longer restricted to children younger than 16

Bill 89, Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017

Gender identity anyone?

What a bunch a BS - later it says:

Instead, a society is to choose a residential placement that, where possible, respects the child’s race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, family diversity, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and cultural and linguistic heritage.

Really? Really? So YOUR SOCIETY is to choose the best place for a child? Are you INSANE?

So a 4 year old is on the playground telling a friend 'My mommy made me sit in the corner because I told her I feel like a girl/boy'.

Teacher jumps on it and from there the SOCIETY makes the CHOICE where YOUR CHILD GOES?

I don't give a shat what any of you say - it's WRONG!

peace

edit on 4909Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
New Ontario Law Enables Gov’t to Seize Children from Parents Opposing Gender Transition

Bill 89, “Supporting Children, Youth and Families Act, 2017,” was approved on June 1 by a vote of 63 to 23.

The Minister of Children and Youth Services, Michael Coteau, who introduced the bill, said earlier this year that a parent’s failure to recognize and support a child’s gender self-identification is a form of child abuse, and a child in these circumstances should be removed from the situation and placed into protection.

“I would consider that a form of abuse, when a child identifies one way and a caregiver is saying no, you need to do this differently,” Coteau said. “If it’s abuse, and if it’s within the definition, a child can be removed from that environment and placed into protection where the abuse stops.”

Oh yes, and this...

“With the passage of Bill 89, we’ve entered an era of totalitarian power by the state, such as never witnessed before in Canada’s history,” said Jack Fonseca, senior political strategist for Campaign Life Coalition. “Make no mistake, Bill 89 is a grave threat to Christians and all people of faith who have children, or who hope to grow their family through adoption.”

Hmmm....

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
From the Legislative Assembly of Ontario:

Just another view...

And yes, this is 'just a dude' - but - we're just 'dudes' here on ATS yes?

Or wait is that dudettes?

Or Non-dudes at all.

Dudeless?

Yeah, Dudless...

Added note: I don't agree 100% with this man - but that's just me.

peace

edit on 2210Thursday201713 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: sycomix

Thank you! I love visuals.

peace

I see:

Average

VS

Alternative

edit on 8-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Of course I would want what's best for the child.

But that does not include educating 3-4-5 years old about sex and if you like your junk or not.

Now if the child goes through post-pubescence and still feels this way? I truly hope the parent would have the child in therapy.

Anyway - There’s no way anyone is going to convince me a child under 6 is going to know there’s ‘something wrong with ‘it’’ without OUTSIDE INFLUENCE.

If I choose to stick to my ignorance as some of you see it - so be it.

I’ll not spend the time ‘educating’ (being lied to) with some psychological mumbo jumbo that means nothing other than the PTB - Big Pharma (cause you know they’ll make tons on this) - and the Lib agenda are doing all they can to destroy kids, the family, morals, etc...

Nope. Not going suck up the lies when what’s behind it comes straight from the pits of hell.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Who is educating children about sex? This isn't about "junk" this is about identity.
And why does it matter if they weren't born that way (your claim)? If they have gender dysphoria then it needs to be addressed. Are you against that?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just think parents WANT their kids to BE a certain way...

And are upset when they are NOT.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

But that does not include educating 3-4-5 years old about sex and if you like your junk or not.

And just where exactly is that happening??

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I just think parents WANT their kids to BE a certain way...

And are upset when they are NOT.

That's basically the attitude of many posters here.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No, I'm not.

But teaching such young children about sexual orientation at such a young age when they have no tools or maturity to deal with the issue?

Yes.

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

This isn't about sexual orientation. This is about gender identity. And no they are not teaching them about sex and "junk". You need to back away from myoptic view of the right-wing Christian blogs and see the picture better.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Since some are offended to hear this is happening in their own countries? I'll bring it right back to the States.

Washington Schools to Teach Gender Identity Curriculum in Kindergarten

Beginning in Kindergarten, students will be taught about the many ways to express gender. Gender expression education will include information about the manifestations of traits that are typically associated with one gender. Crossdressing is one form of gender expression.

Third graders will be introduced to the concept of gender identity. These children will be taught that they can choose their own gender.

Fourth graders will be expected to “define sexual orientation,” which refers to whether a person identifies as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual; they’ll also be taught about HIV prevention.

Children in fourth grade will be told that they can choose their sexual orientation.

Fourth and fifth graders will learn about the relativity of gender roles and why such roles are social constructs that are not inherent to who we are as male or female human beings.

Seventh graders will be expected to “distinguish between biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.”

High school students will critically “evaluate how culture, media, society, and other people influence our perceptions of gender roles, sexuality, relationships, and sexual orientation.”

Since you already know my opinion - I'll not repeat myself other than to say schools have NO BUSINESS teaching these children anything. It should be happening in the home. Period.

peace
edit on 2650Thursday201713 by silo13 because: Thanks for the heads up on the link

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fix your link.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If sexual orientation isn't what gender identity is than what is it?

I feel like I'm a girl but I have a penis.

I feel like a boy but I don't have a penis.

What the hell is happening in this world that little kids even know the difference at that age?

And regardless where I get the information - the 'picture' being 'bettter'?

How's that?

Once again giving in to society/government controlling our children?

Don't they go far overboard doing this already?

I say yes.

peace

Fixed the link - thanks for the heads up.

edit on 0551Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join