It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I still want to KNOW why Trump specifically told Comey he had nothing to do with "hookers".

The media had gone DARK about that by this time. NO ONE was still talking about it.

Except Trump.

And NOW? Now it will be a matter of public record! In front of congress! Forever!

Jesus, you are using GLP logic. The more it's denied, doesn't make it that much more true.
You are on the wrong site.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Asks the FBI director to drop the investigation. There's no denying that.
He's in trouble for that.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It has been a very bad day for trump and his admin.
You sure have a weird way of looking at things.

Lol.
Let it go sillyolme... the obstruction angle is dead and Trump isn't under investigation.
Democrat heads were exploding today. I understand, after so much talk, why democrats are so invested but there is still time to get off the train that is heading over a cliff... do yourself a favour and jump off quick to save further embarrassment.. believe me.

edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Funny how trump asked him to stop the investigation into Flynn and that is obstruction.

According to the actual statement, he never "asked".

He said "hope".

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It has been a very bad day for trump and his admin.
You sure have a weird way of looking at things.

Even some of the left-wing pundits on CNN have been acknowledging that Comey's statement pretty much ruins the case for impeaching him for obstruction. The most you can hope for at this point is he had some inappropriate conversations. It'll be up to voters to decide how much that bothers them. Legally, it's a bust, and that's even starting to become apparent amongst the media.

Marie Harf was just on Fox and her big point was "look at how much this has distracted from their 'infrastructure week'.

If that's the big hit the Trump admin has taken from this, they did pretty well haha
edit on 7 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why do you think Comey put this in his statement.....anybody? What do you think he is trying to say without saying it?
Or, am I just reading something into this paragraph. Some of you may "hear" what I'm "hearing".

The President then made a long series of comments about the problem with leaks of classified information – a concern I shared and still share. After he had spoken for a few minutes about leaks, Reince Priebus leaned in through the door by the grandfather clock and I could see a group of people waiting behind him. The President waved at him to close the door, saying he would be done shortly. The door closed.

Why is this tidbit of info included in this statement?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Nope, He said he hoped Comey could see his way clear to let Flynn go. Comey interpreted that as being asked, but he failed to report it, so could not possibly have seen it as that serious. His excuse is that he "thought" Sessions would "probably recuse himself" from the Russia investigation. Makes no sense. You don't disregard your duty on a hunch that the person you should be reporting it to might recuse themselves and then tell no one about it, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

To affirm that there were lots of witnesses to the fact a private conversation took place.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Why do you think Comey put this in his statement.....anybody? What do you think he is trying to say without saying it?
Or, am I just reading something into this paragraph. Some of you may "hear" what I'm "hearing".

The President then made a long series of comments about the problem with leaks of classified information – a concern I shared and still share. After he had spoken for a few minutes about leaks, Reince Priebus leaned in through the door by the grandfather clock and I could see a group of people waiting behind him. The President waved at him to close the door, saying he would be done shortly. The door closed.

He might be hinting that Priebus is the leaker and was trying to eaves drop.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I never watch CNN. Did they ever say the preside t was under investigation?

We all knew his campaign was / is under counter intelligence investigation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

"Oh, who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" If you're really British, you know the reference.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

He didn't ask him. According to Comey's statement, Trump said he "hoped" he would drop it.

However, in Comey's notes, he said he "understood" it to be a request concerning Flynn.

So, do we go by the actual words of the President or Comey's subjective "understanding"?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Have any respondants read Comey's deposition ?
Any, y'know, thought-out thoughts ...?

Anything other than
y'all gonna be wipin' yur butthurt wth $hillary's salty tears wennis dun ?

link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"Oh, who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" If you're really British, you know the reference.

Not a great analogy - and if you understood the circumstances of it you'd know why.
If you are going to use British history at least use an analogy that supports your case instead of ruining it, lol.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: queenofswords

He might be hinting that Priebus is the leaker and was trying to eaves drop.

Bingo!! That stuck out to me like a sore thumb. It just seemed so weird to put that paragraph in this statement. hmmmm.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

It was an example of how someone can order a crime without explicitly stating what they want done.

link   

originally posted by: Damiel

Anything other than

Yes I have read it several times and y'all gonna be wipin' yur butthurt wth $hillary's salty tears wennis dun.

link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The media presented it exactly as Comey said it did.
He was asked to stop the investigation.
He asked Jeff Sessions to make sure he never be left alone with the president.
And the the trump campaign was under investigation.
No one disputed when trump said Comey told him he was not under investigation.

Now we here did. I know I said trump campaign is trump.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Lol, yeah right whatever, why are you lying?

Literally every leftist liberal, to include blind radicals such as yourself, parroted that ignorant claim for so long and now, its suddenly the, "campaign is under investigation"? Lmfao, get real and get outta here with that BS.

We've been saying that since the moment it hit the headlines, seeing you people squirming and being wishy washy about your claims is hillarious.

Yeah, you're not sleazing your way out of this one.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Damiel

Anything other than

Yes I have read it several times and y'all gonna be wipin' yur butthurt wth $hillary's salty tears wennis dun.

Your usefulness may be drawing to an end. Good to see you indulging in some humor.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join