It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

It was an example of how someone can order a crime without explicitly stating what they want done.

No it isn't.
It is an example of Henry's knights misinterpreting what he said and killing Thomas Becket because they thought that is what he wanted.

So using your analogy, Comey incorrectly interpreted that Trump had asked him to stop the investigation into Flynn for lying about his call and thought he had been given direction when in fact he had not been.
edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The bottom line is that trump thought if Comey said publicly he wasn't under investigation that this whole thing would go away.
Bottom line trump didn't get the reassurances he needed from Comey and so he fired him.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Rather than act like a bully, you might simply point out that it is merely specific individuals in the campaign that have been under investigation. One of them wants to testify under condition that they be given immunity... and we know what that means:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It is an example of Henry's knights misinterpreting what he said and killing Thomas Becket because they thought that is what he wanted.

Pretty sure that is what he wanted. No Plantagenet was ever made a saint, you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The bottom line is that trump thought if Comey said publicly he wasn't under investigation that this whole thing would go away.
Bottom line trump didn't get the reassurances he needed from Comey and so he fired him.

Less of a bottom line and more of a conjecture that will get you nowhere in terms of an impeachment.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Today's hearing and the release of Comey's opening statement for tomorrow's appearance has certainly dampened any hope that fuel would be added to the MSM fire...

However, it will still be very interesting to see what avenue the questioning takes with Comey on the hotseat...

There is a reason why Comey wanted his hearing, PUBLIC, will the folks on the Committee ask him the right questions?

Should be a barnburner

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or perhaps the sweet taste of honey 🍯

🏆🎟

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Pretty sure that is what he wanted. No Plantagenet was ever made a saint, you know.

We can only go on what the history books tell us, and they tell us that the knights misinterpreted what Henry II wanted.
Try another analogy and I suggest you stick to the history you know.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And there is always the possibility trump is under investigation now.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The Grandfather Clock is where the mystery is.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Today's hearing and the release of Comey's opening statement for tomorrow's appearance has certainly dampened any hope that fuel would be added to the MSM fire...

The opening statement confirmed what the "MSM" has been reporting. If Trump has tapes, he will need to release them to save his skin. Unless they, too, confirm Comey's story.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Okay, have a star. (My sister was a HUGE Nancy Drew fan.)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What's the likelihood of a Republican Majority legally punishing their President? The bar would be set really high, I would think.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What's the likelihood of a Republican Majority legally punishing their President? The bar would be set really high, I would think.

With the clock ticking on elections that could flip the balance in Congress...?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I watched the entire hearing today, and read Comey's opening statement...

There's no meat on that bone MSM keeps twisting with sensational headlines...

Obviously, YMMV

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: SouthernForkway26

If Trump's people were colluding with Russia to undermine the election that is a crime. People who ordered and executed collusion should be charged. There hasn't been any proof so far.

But now there is testimony that there was an attempt to obstruct justice. That's what got Nixon in the dock.

STOP with the Obstruction of Justice BS.

It is impossible to obstruct justice on a counter intelligence investigation - it only applies to criminal investigations. Regardless of whatever Comey says it is not going to be Obstruction of Justice because there was no criminal investigation.

Congressman Al Green today has proven he is an idiot by drawing up articles of impeachment claiming Obstruction of Justice when it is impossible. But I guess the law, logic, or truth has ever stopped frothing Trump haters.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

He mentions that Grandfather Clock more than once.

link   

Sorry, your hopes of obstruction of justice are dead unless Comey drops something else tomorrow.

Ah. Apparently you haven't heard that Trump is planning to "live tweet" during the hearing. If I wee Trump's lawyer, I would take away his phone, chain him up, and lock him in the cellar like a werewolf on the night of the full moon.

Well it's either follow Trumps live tweets or listen to Comeys nothing-burger.

Lets vote, how many folks are going to ensure they are following Trump on twitter tonight? I know I am.

C'mon now, don't lie - be honest, some of his most ardent haters already have pages of replies ready to go at the very moment they are notified that Trump has tweeted.

These same folks rely heavily on all things Trump so as to keep themselves relevant within their own little social bubbles.

Again, I'm no Nostradamus but I GUARANTEE that his first tweet tonight will be met with hysterical totally off topic fury from those who rely on his tweets the most - they are ALL emotionally committed leftist-extremists.

link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: DJW001

I watched the entire hearing today, and read Comey's opening statement...

There's no meat on that bone MSM keeps twisting with sensational headlines...

Obviously, YMMV

Regardless of meat, Democrats seem to want to just chew the bone relentlessly, lol.
I suppose we'll have to wait for them to starve to death.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

It is impossible to obstruct justice on a counter intelligence investigation - it only applies to criminal investigations.

And what happens when the counterintelligence investigation produces evidence of criminal acts...?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join