It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

Well it's not the exoneration some people seem to believe it is but it may not be the gotcha either.

I don't believe there will be any "gotcha" moments until the investigations are concluded are the it's all dropped, or charged start flying.

I predict that charges will come for members of the Obama administration. 8 years of dirt under the rug.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

It had been major news already, he'd already fired Flynn and the entire world knew Flynn was under investigation at that point.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I'll just throw this out there for everyone to ponder, now that we know what Trump said to Comey, could his firing of Comey been an easy way for him to clear the "cloud" over his head?

In his letter to Comey he said this: "While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation..."

Comey wouldn't clear the air, so Trump did the only way he knew how.

If that was Trump's motivation, what reason would he have had to wait? If he was waiting for a better excuse, he got one when Rosenstein sent him the memo saying he should fire Comey. But if that were the case, why would he come out later and say he was gonna fire Comey before he got the memo? It doesn't make any sense. Comey was fired for the reasons outlined in that memo. Rosenstein just articulated it much better than Trump was able to. There's no evidence he fired him for any other reason, and the timeline doesn't support a theory that he was fired because he wouldn't play ball with Trump.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So, a big fat nothing-burger then? Just as I thought, baseless lies sprinkled with emotions because 'Trump'.

This hearing is going to expose one thing - the lies and deception created and maintained by certain media outlets & folks on both sides of the political aisle because the 'political establishment' has lost it's grip.

I

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thou shall not bear false witness.

I see a bunch of dishonest accuser, trying to take the heat off their-selves, in fear of being evicted from the swamp.

There they sit all high and mighty, despicable human beings they are.

They must be terrified, maybe Satan's payment is due.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
We should still impeach him because he twitters too much and upholds the laws... a-hole
edit on 7-6-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

CNN's Headline is: COMEY BOMBSHELL. It then goes on to say exactly what everybody already knows.

What bombshell are they talking about?

Daily Mail says same thing then it goes on to spin what was written.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SouthernForkway26

Comey wasnt 'loyal' to the president. He was loyal to the false liberal media, the Obama legacy, or the spotlight. He was rightfully fired.

We will find out tomorrow how much Comey loves being in the spotlight. If this is true, he is eating this up right now.

(Remember, a couple of weeks ago, Darrell Issa said that it may be a possibility that Comey has fallen in love with the camera.)

We will be watching. We WILL be watching.

edit on 7-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
CNN Exclusive " Comey denies leaks..is he a Russian?"

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
CNN Exclusive " Comey denies leaks..is he a Russian?"

r u serious

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Breaking Story on AP...

Trump lawyer: President feels 'completely and totally vindicated' by Comey's testimony, is eager to move forward

AP News

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Comey was fired because he lost credibility,
he handled the Clinton Investigation poorly.

Or he did not recommend what the partisans wanted him to recommend.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Well it's not the exoneration some people seem to believe it is but it may not be the gotcha either.

I don't believe there will be any "gotcha" moments until the investigations are concluded are the it's all dropped, or charged start flying.

I predict that charges will come for members of the Obama administration. 8 years of dirt under the rug.

They are not even under investigation, as far as we know.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
Breaking Story on AP...

Trump lawyer: President feels 'completely and totally vindicated' by Comey's testimony, is eager to move forward

AP News

Further proof Trump is dangerously delusional.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Deny Arrogance

CNN's Headline is: COMEY BOMBSHELL. It then goes on to say exactly what everybody already knows.

What bombshell are they talking about?

Most of the people on this thread still don't understand what the statement says. It says "what we already know," that Trump threatened to fire Comey if he didn't place loyalty over the Constitution, and that he tried to obstruct justice. Comey did not tell Sessions because Sessions probably took the loyalty oath. That is why Sessions had to recuse himself: not because he had dealings with the Russians, but because he promised Trump not to investigate or indict him.

Go back and read this carefully:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Trump, Bannon and Mnuchin all did their Hollywood act in Hollywood. Tomorrow at 9 A.M. Eastern time we are going to have a congressional testimony showdown that has been anticipated like never before, with Comey as the star. This would have been avoided if he would have publicly stated the facts earlier like Trump requested.

If Trump's people were colluding with Russia to undermine the election that is a crime. People who ordered and executed collusion should be charged. There hasn't been any proof so far.

I agree the FBI director's loyalty should only be in the law and catching those who break it, but Comey has injected himself in the political narrative ever since the campaign. In this unique situation he should have cleared up some of the things that are dividing the country. Is it out of line for Trump to ask Comey to publicly clear the cloud if he knows the facts that could do it? The answer is no if you want what America and the President we elected to have the best chance at success. At least he has shielded the agents working on the case from the politics of it all.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

These conversations happened months before he was fired. Don't be absurd.

And it's been months since he had the same conversation with Sessions, presumably. Let's see what happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

If Trump's people were colluding with Russia to undermine the election that is a crime. People who ordered and executed collusion should be charged. There hasn't been any proof so far.

But now there is testimony that there was an attempt to obstruct justice. That's what got Nixon in the dock.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This would have been avoided if he would have publicly stated the facts earlier like Trump requested.

There is only so much he can say given that the investigation is still on-going and certain details are probably classified.

People who ordered and executed collusion should be charged. There hasn't been any proof so far.

That's because they're still investigating it. This line of argument has never made any sense.

but Comey has injected himself in the political narrative ever since the campaign.

No. Comey did not inject himself. He was thrown in to it.

Is it out of line for Trump to ask Comey to publicly clear the cloud if he knows the facts that could do it?

Yes, it would be out of line.
edit on 7-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Or he did not recommend what the partisans wanted him to recommend.

Rosenstien is partisan?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join