It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey's Public hearing - opening statement

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Loyalty to the American people, not to Trump personally. That's how I interpret it, in light Comey let Hillary off the hook after the conversation between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: proximo

What term applies to what President Trump did, since it was not a "criminal" investigation, involving Michael Flynn?

I don't think there is a term. Maybe the term is hoping - since that is all he did, hope comey would let it go.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: DJW001

It is impossible to obstruct justice on a counter intelligence investigation - it only applies to criminal investigations.

And what happens when the counterintelligence investigation produces evidence of criminal acts...?

At that point they can start a criminal investigation - and if that investigation gets interfered with - than it would be Obstruction of Justice.

In other words nothing that has happened up to this point could be obstruction - it would have to be a new act of obstruction to a criminal investigation.

Stop it. A criminal investigation is not necessarily required for there to be obstruction. The act of attempting to impede an official investigation is criminalized. Sarbanes-Oxley was modified by Congress to allow for this.

Watch this video of James Wolsey ex CIA director - Go to about 3:55 - he explains it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

No. Comey did not inject himself. He was thrown in to it.

Remember when Comey was a great hero for publicly announcing that he was reopening the Clinton email investigation because some of her emails may have wound up on a pervert's mobile phone?

Ya. I know that both sides praised him at one point and then turned on him. Very few of us have been consistent and have said he was doing his job, whether we liked the outcome or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

" Loyalty to the American people, not to Trump personally. That's how I interpret it, in light Comey let Hillary off the hook after the conversation between Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch.

So , then Mr. Comey is Guilty of Obstruction of Justice if he could not Hook that Bad Fish by not Even Atempting to do so ?......
edit on 7-6-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Loyalty to the American people, not to Trump personally. That's how I interpret it,

In the context of the conversation, having first said "I need loyalty", clearly he was referring to himself personally with the following statements as well. It was an implied threat, which Trump later followed up on, by Comey's firing.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

Reading through it, it appears that everything has already been leaked and there will be nothing new tomorrow.

I'm about half-way through it and it appears that he is going to confirm much of what the media has been reporting.

And it appears Trump did ask Comey to "let it go" in regards to Flynn.

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Absolutely nothing will come of it, except Comey's career will be in the sh!tter.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

It is impossible to obstruct justice on a counter intelligence investigation - it only applies to criminal investigations.

And what happens when the counterintelligence investigation produces evidence of criminal acts...?

At that point they can start a criminal investigation - and if that investigation gets interfered with - than it would be Obstruction of Justice.

In other words nothing that has happened up to this point could be obstruction - it would have to be a new act of obstruction to a criminal investigation.

Stop it. A criminal investigation is not necessarily required for there to be obstruction. The act of attempting to impede an official investigation is criminalized. Sarbanes-Oxley was modified by Congress to allow for this.

Watch this video of James Wolsey ex CIA director - Go to about 3:55 - he explains it.

Thanks for that. Makes sense.
Quite simply to be obstructing justice you have to be trying to stop someone seeking justice. The counter intelligence investigation into Flynn was not a criminal one. This makes an already thin argument for obstruction of justice a non existent argument.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I need loyalty could be interpreted as I need you loyal to your office. There's nothing there that suggest I need your loyalty to me. In any event, it is a sentence fragment which does not have a conclusive interpretation.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: allsee4eye

Loyalty to the American people, not to Trump personally. That's how I interpret it,

In the context of the conversation, having first said "I need loyalty", clearly he was referring to himself personally with the following statements as well. It was an implied threat, which Trump later followed up on, by Comey's firing.

Good lord, you are parsing the meaning of the word "I". We've reached Clintonesque levels now.. is this what you call entertaining ?

edit on 7/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So you're cool with the President of the United States trying to prevent the Department of Justice with investigating a Russian agent? Noted.

Please provide proof that Flynn is a Russian agent.

I believe it was Manafort that filed as a Russian agent. Flynn register as one of Turkey.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Manafort was supposed a Ukrainian lobbyist many years ago when Yanukovych was in power. That has no bearing on the 2016 election.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I need loyalty could be interpreted as I need you loyal to your office. There's nothing there that suggest I need your loyalty to me. In any event, it is a sentence fragment which does not have a conclusive interpretation.

Why do you suppose he fired Comey? Just curious as to your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So you're cool with the President of the United States trying to prevent the Department of Justice with investigating a Russian agent? Noted.

I believe it was Manafort that filed as a Russian agent. Flynn register as one of Turkey.

I asked for proof that Flynn is a Russian agent, which you have not supplied.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: UKTruth

Reading through it, it appears that everything has already been leaked and there will be nothing new tomorrow.

I'm about half-way through it and it appears that he is going to confirm much of what the media has been reporting.

And it appears Trump did ask Comey to "let it go" in regards to Flynn.

Will be interesting to see how this all pans out.

Absolutely nothing will come of it, except Comey's career will be in the sh!tter.

You hope that's all that comes out of it. You are not in any position to know.

You could at least be honest about all this.

And I'd say his career is already in the #ter. He was fired.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Manafort was supposed a Ukrainian lobbyist many years ago when Yanukovych was in power. That has no bearing on the 2016 election.

I agree, and I think you are correct. My mistake. He worked for the Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I never made the claim that he was and so it is not my responsibility to provide you anything. I was just trying to inject some context in to the issue.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I never made the claim that he was and so it is not my responsibility to provide you anything. I was just trying to inject some context in to the issue.

Irrelevant context, but thanks anyway.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Irrelevant, even though I provided content that has shown Flynn was registered as a agent of Turkey and not Russia...which was the crux of your point, correct?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Irrelevant, even though I provided content that has shown Flynn was registered as a agent of Turkey and not Russia...which was the crux of your point, correct?

No. There was a claim made that Flynn was a Russian agent and I was asking for proof of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join