It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

The beef is with the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Nice I hadn't thought of that. You may be correct.

I guess it would have to be an actual mentioning of PP. Not the baby in utero and pointing to the fact that you are ending this life. The last one is the one that sticks in my mind-I can't recall a anti-PP billboard.

Oh boy the anti-PP billboard was hard to find but I finally found one! And I can't recall one either. I'll give you that one.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Yes, that is kinda an obvious one. Do you think that would spur someone to check out PP?

I could see it-if you wanted to rid yourself of an unborn baby.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Yeah I think it would. I mean really if I was against PP and my friends and I wanted to put an anti-PP billboard up that's something I would think about. Wouldn't it be better not to mention it so people wouldn't know about it? At least most anti-abortion billboards that I saw in google search never mentioned Planned Parenthood.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I think critical thinking comes into play, and sometimes protestors want to put it to the man. Not thinking they may indeed help the man.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think critical thinking comes into play, and sometimes protestors want to put it to the man. Not thinking they may indeed help the man.

Well said.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I their faith is so strong no amount of criticism or cartoons should bother them in the slightest

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yes, but that does not seem to be the case.

For the most part, people of religion shrug off stupid insensitive idiotic anti religious slams of all sorts.

But then we have this sort of stuff, people get worked up about it. Why does what I think matter to you?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I their faith is so strong no amount of criticism or cartoons should bother them in the slightest

The faith itself tells them to be bothered. I think the problem lies in the disconnect that here in the United States, the Constitution is the supreme law, NOT their faith. If someone that believes in whatever ethereal entity makes them feel better, and they want to live in this country, then they MUST resolve that the Constitution overrules their belief while simultaneously protecting is as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I didn't see anyone calling for it to be taken down?

The outrage is real and intended to scare people away from displaying these facts in public.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

It's more of a concern in this case if you read the article.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It could have been worse.

Since it seems to always come down to comparisons. It could have been a picture of Mohammad in a jar of urine.

edit on 6-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't think it is good to make a billboard like that. Freedom of speech should have some limitations. Freedom of religion should cover stopping hate promotion like that. What would Christians say if someone made a big hate billboard about something with Christianity.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I guess they'd have to forgive them.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What would Christians say if someone made a big hate billboard about something with Christianity.

Since they have been being put up all over the place for years, most just ignore them.

I will admit they made a fuss when they first started going up, but it did them no good, so now they just ignore them.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Who knows, with the amount of clout they have, maybe they will be able to put a stop to all offensive billboards.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Finally, someone gets the point.

Well said Hutch.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So this is ok with some people because it's freedom of expression but a pic of a woman holding Trumps decapitated head warrants people screaming jail her?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is America , it's Called FREE SPEECH . Get Used to it or Leave..........

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

You mean the Bernie supporter

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Finally, someone gets the point. Well said Hutch. kind regards, bally

Not rocket science mate . If the shoe fits kind of thing , but i guess what was on the billboard will upset some . I am not sure why though if it is written in the Koran and Hadiths .

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join