It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: seasonal

If this billboard made fun of Christians...

a) The Left would be celebrating this amazing example of free speech

b) There would be no threats of violence from Christians

You are exactly right. Christians would just go "bleh"....what do they know. Then they would ignore it.

With that being said, people are getting sick of Islamic terrorism and this sign might just make some people think about the person Islam is founded upon.

LOL. Todd Starnes on Fox News did more than just "bleh" with the anti-Christian billboards.

I'm talking about drive-bys. Not the ones that take it to the cameras for their 15 min.

I could give an example but that would be useless as it has been brought up many times and it would be off topic.
Anyway do you think those Muslims should not be concerned about the billboard and the potential threat it might bring?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
More of the billboards across the world would be beneficial to educating people as to the qualities of this "perfect man".

I think it's a great educational campaign and because it doesn't mention islam or mo then it can't be considered "islamaphobic", right? Because the people who see that and apply automatically assume it's Mo because all the qualities match would be islamophobic.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well, to be fair, you are talking about Todd Starnes' beat. It is sort of his job to report on those stories. Him saying meh to it would be like the local sports reporter driving by the high school football game and saying meh.

And while most Christians would say meh, it isn't necessarily because the message doesn't upset us to some degree, it's just because we know better than to think most anyone else in society cares what we might think about it. So we pass on by.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Actually he went overboard on those billboards, going as far to even suggest that they shouldn't be doing that. I was just using him as an example of a Christian going overboard with those anti-Christian billboards.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nowhere on the billboard is Muhammad mentioned . Makes you wonder why Muslims would think it was about him .

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
More of the billboards across the world would be beneficial to educating people as to the qualities of this "perfect man".

I think it's a great educational campaign and because it doesn't mention islam or mo then it can't be considered "islamaphobic", right? Because the people who see that and apply automatically assume it's Mo because all the qualities match would be islamophobic.

I see your point. Those Muslims are quick to assume that it was about Muhammad. But what they really are trying to do is to make them think. And I am all for it. I hate religions that seek to enslave people.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It's pretty clear it was about Muhammad. I'm sure they know what people think of Muhammad. Also google "truthophobe".

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

BS the facts get in the way.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

They must know the facts and don't want to address them.

This is how we stagnate and do not grow.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Anyway do you think those Muslims should not be concerned about the billboard and the potential threat it might bring?

Concerned about what? What threat? That they might get bruised because their skin is so thin?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Some people believe they have to fight an invasive theology with truth. If you don't fight it, one day you may wake up and it's too late.

This is America. Freedom of speech. Nobody advocated violence or posted an image of Mohammed's head on a stick.

edit on 6-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Concerned about what? What threat? That they might get bruised because their skin is so thin?

I believe I've covered that already.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I dont like Islam as a religion but that sign was really rude. Im not at all pc either. No need to be a dick and stir the pot.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Also a protected right to show a pic of.

image of Mohammed's head on a stick.
a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

BS the facts get in the way.

what?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I dont like Islam as a religion but that sign was really rude. Im not at all pc either. No need to be a dick and stir the pot.

Atheist have been putting up rude and offensive anti-Christian billboards for years.

Muslims should join together with other religions if they want to fight this thing, since it is going to fall between the cracks of equal treatment and free speech.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You can't make mention of the facts. They will get warnings (about the signs) and then I imagine the sh will hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

My opinion is they should ignore the signs like they are ignoring the facts (if they are indeed true).

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You can't make mention of the facts. They will get warnings (about the signs) and then I imagine the sh will hit the fan.

I still don't understand your point, the billboard did display facts about muhummad

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Also a protected right to show a pic of.

image of Mohammed's head on a stick.
a reply to: queenofswords

True, since Mohammed is not a sitting president or living individual.

But the people that would depict Mohammed's likeness beheaded and on a stick would be searched down and given the Charlie Hebdo treatment. .....being a religion of peace and all that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join