It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Muslims call out creators of local billboard that insults Prophet Muhammad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you saying that they will or won't get the death threats---and worse.

I think they will.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ah, taqqiya is fun. I had all kinds of fun asking a Muslim about that one when he guested on a local radio show. Both taqqiya and abrogation.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: queenofswords

Are you saying that they will or won't get the death threats---and worse.

I think they will.

They may get death threats, but, if I understand it correctly, had there been a drawing or image of Mohammed especially in some cartoonish or insulting manner, Islam requires death to the person doing it. If I remember that wrong, someone will correct me, but I think I'm right about that.
edit on 6-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe I misunderstood your post. My point to what I thought your point was is that do the people who put up the PP billboards think about the possibility of another PP shooting?

link   

I don't think someone disagreeing with the subject matter is censorship.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I don't think someone disagreeing with the subject matter is censorship.

To add further expressing disagreements is a free speech right.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh God we agree again...

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Maybe I misunderstood your post. My point to what I thought your point was is that do the people who put up the PP billboards think about the possibility of another PP shooting?

I'm not even sure how that makes any sense.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

People here are worried about the death threats from Muslims for that billboard. You said the atheists are not worried about that from Christians.
I was asking that do some people who put up PP billboards do the same? It's something to think about.
Simple.

edit on 6/6/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, unborn people certainly experience death threats from PP advertising billboards, so there's that.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Well, unborn people certainly experience death threats from PP advertising billboards, so there's that.

Ah never mind. I got your point. Subtle.

It was good. I'll give you that one.

edit on 6/6/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Billboards for Planned "parent" are dangerous only if you believe that a "clump of cell" are a person. (I do)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wait, an ambiguous Billboard is being censored because it resembles someones flying spaghetti monster too closely? Why should a bunch of Left wing atheists care?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I think we have people in this country who only care about saving lives that make them feel good about themselves either through gratitude from the saved or attention gladhanding from communities. Since there's a 50/50 chance a kid will grow up to dislike any given person, their odds are better with focusing on the people they can see while saying "screw off" to the ones not yet exposed to the world at large. Conversely, some of us have become so jaded and so enamored with watching the world burn that we find far more peace of mind in the innocence of babies and children than we'll ever allow ourselves to be fooled into seeing in most adults again. I appreciate infants way more than I care about most adults or even teenagers. There's a simplicity ans divine elegance about a little life that is so brutally honest, everything in their world revolves around only them.
Feed me
change me
burp me
rock me
entertain me
I have no idea what I want right now, but I will holler at you until you figure it out because me, me, me.

Babies are the pinnacle of honesty in our species, an honesty that is only seen again when you get very, very old and reach the "eff-it, who cares what they think" age. In many ways they're like little gods, not exactly omnipotent, but extremely demanding and filled with nothing but potential for all around them. The entire rest of our lives is spent with other people teaching us to lie and telling us we must not rock the social boat. It's crap, really.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It is not being censored.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

To bring your point further you know the law of unintended consequence? Well the pro-life people who put up anti-PP billboards would ironically bring attention to PP, thus getting people curious and find out more about their services and using their services, contrary to pro-life people's wish.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

It is not being censored.

Calls to take it down are just expressions of affectionate appreciation?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I didn't see anyone calling for it to be taken down?

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Looks like a bill board with racially insensitive-possible out of context-facts or non facts was put up in Indiana.

Shahid said the billboard, which she saw on southbound I-465 near the Washington Street exit, was brought to her attention Friday by an anonymous tipster.

The all black billboard has a headline of "The Perfect Man." Underneath are six bullet points to describe that man. These points include "married a 6-year-old," "slave owner & dealer" and "13 wives, 11 at one time."

At the bottom of the billboard in yellow sits the words "Educate Truthophobes." A search of Truthophobes online leads to multiple anti-Muslim groups, specifically an Australian group with similar messaging.
Faryal Khatri, a spokeswoman for the Indianapolis-based Islamic Society of North America, says not only is the billboard not true, it is hurtful to her as a practicing Muslim.

To Khatri, the most disappointing aspect of the sign is that it could incite hate crimes toward Muslims or people perceived to be Muslim.
www.indystar.com...

There are people who feel this could lead to "hate crimes" against Muslims and people who are perceived to be Muslim. Seems like other religions are told to respect freedom of speech.
According to their Quran these statements are true, aren't they??? So what's the beef???

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Nice I hadn't thought of that. You may be correct.

I guess it would have to be an actual mentioning of PP. Not the baby in utero and pointing to the fact that you are ending this life. The last one is the one that sticks in my mind-I can't recall a anti-PP billboard.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join