It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 165
<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Sound waves have mass!!

Scientific America: Sound by the Pound: Surprising Discovery Hints Sonic Waves Carry Mass.

SA blog post: Quantum Monism Could Save the Soul of Physics.

What if we are like a big bowl of Jello all jigggy with the echoes of the Big Bang where the quantum fluctuations Finally hit upon some thread and exploded into space. The bubble of too hot plasma to allow particles to come together shot x-rays and other EM goodness out in all directions. We can still measure this in the CMB. But it was still too hot. Then space was about a basketball of hot gluon plasma. Still space rushed outward. Space ho!

Finally, when large enough, the hot gluon plasma collapsed into ordinary matter. But matter was not done with the gluon plasma echo. This filled the multi-verse with other songs. Some echo back. Maybe that is what the whales are singing about! Those echoes are what we see when particles pop into and out of existence at the quantum level. It is still sloshing about.

We are the grapes and walnuts in the jiggling Jello salad!!

Probably why sound can yield mass. Maybe light too!

I like the way you think sometimes, kid! Keep up the weird work!!

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

No..

I like the way you think dude.

We are the grapes or walnuts in the jello..

Thats my main thoughts. Like precipitation or condensation, or then sublimation..

We are the crusty bits of eternity.
Separate but, are we really?

I just watched "lucy" she gets dosed with a drug that increases her intelligence or her conscious use of her cell's intelligence.. all basis of being a human is meaningless. The end of the movie she melds into total cell/reality control..

They ask "where are you?" She disapeared from local realism.. she responds in similar fashion as magic girl would on a phone... "im everywhere."

I always see things like that when im most in the right mindstate.. it makes no sense, and then I come on ATS and here you are on about some similar ideas when I rock up.

What a time to be alive.

Ill read the links in a bit. Im at my old friend/bosses bar, so enjoying my first real day off in effective memory. Enjoying a brew from "ponysaurus."

You're on that vibe man.
Imagine if people like us could use our consciousness in these ways more often? Instead of being tied to time=money equations to survive?

We have dangerous minds.

edit on 11-3-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

A guy at the bar just said the same thing to the same bartender for the third time about his start up business.

I know the bartender. Hes hearing it for the first time.
Why for me is this number 3?

Why is my dejavu so powerful?

Why do I remember the other paths?

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I keep saying it in my reverbsy ways, but it appears others notice it to.

is reality real?

Physicists have long suspected that quantum mechanics allows two observers to experience different, conflicting realities. Now they’ve performed the first experiment that proves it.

And today, Massimiliano Proietti at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh and a few colleagues say they have performed this experiment for the first time: they have created different realities and compared them. Their conclusion is that Wigner was correct—these realities can be made irreconcilable so that it is impossible to agree on objective facts about an experiment.

They use these six entangled photons to create two alternate realities—one representing Wigner and one representing Wigner’s friend. Wigner’s friend measures the polarization of a photon and stores the result. Wigner then performs an interference measurement to determine if the measurement and the photon are in a superposition.

The experiment produces an unambiguous result. It turns out that both realities can coexist even though they produce irreconcilable outcomes, just as Wigner predicted.

That raises some fascinating questions that are forcing physicists to reconsider the nature of reality.

Like I said above its like I remember other realities.. I don't or can't pretend to understand my own feelings about these things.

Its just the oddities are unreal in a real way that makes real unreal for real though

I don't know what the word reality is supposed to mean.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

3 is one of those universals truths.

Mind-body-spirit (Mer-Ka-Ba if you are ancient Egyptian!), man-woman-child, past-present-future, Apprentice-Fellowcraft-Master, foot-mouth-insert, you know, that kind of thing.

It is also the number of connections you need to "see" between objects to be in that "floaty" space. For some reason, time kind of fades out. I said it is like a caffeine buzz but without the shakes! Or those first few moments of falling in love where everything is fresh and new and you are bright eyed and bushy tailed! You internalize it so you can call it up, if not at will, but way easier next time. Then, there are moments when it just happens. Then you know that feeling and are not scared or curious about it but ride it like a surfer on a wave!

3 is the number of steps to the Metaverse. And the inner chamber of the Freemason's temple. They are signs and symbols all around us. Like the next time you see a judge or senator call the room to order: three raps of the gavel!

Weird, my cursor stopped blinking after typing that! It is a mind training technique to get into the Flow (see: Flow
Book by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi) and stay a bit longer than by getting there by chance. I've gone 3.5 hours by chance. Nearly 6 by holding on through concentration. Your brain is fun!

I liked that movie, Lucy. It had the bad circumstance of being similar to Limitless (which made it to a TV show). Both are interesting concepts! We need more movies along those line. I'm fricken tired of superheroes. I'm not 14 any more and do not need to see action and fighting all the time!

Tomorrow is my busy day. So I will sign off for a bit. Maybe hop back on while at the bar.

-Pizza

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

3 is one of those universals truths.

Is it though? Or is it more of a universal truism? A convenient cliche, having meaning but nolonger meaningful.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Sound has negative mass ehh?
Phonons, photons..

Lol seriously that kinda goes with the light might be dark matter concept in some weirdo way.

One starts to wonder if our senses are acting on the fundamental level of reality. Biological design fitting/following our/the universes deeper nature.

edit on 12-3-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Weird deja vu!

It oozed around me. So watching b-ball (Zags!), and a foul happened. Standing in front of me is the bartender pouring a beer in a specific pose. Two dudes talking about work. Then it all telescoped! Time expanded and my head tingled as I said, “Then dude walks up to the bar...” as a guy walks up getting the bartenders attention.

I told myself to look at the score: 11 - 11!!

I chuckled to myself!

@Kilgore, you take baby steps before you walk or run. After “3” you get others that always pop up. 11:11 being a bit more complex; my number is “23” which is a fun bunny hole; Peeps has hers; other Cafeterians seem to have one. But the first natural step is 3.
edit on 12-3-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Autocorrect sux

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Jesus!!!

I just had deja vu, again as I tried to leave.

And it was a post, again, here on ATS. I started a thread about the Gateway and funding issues with the Orion rocket.

Then it fell apart again and I grabbed my head this time.

So, sorry about the weird bubble that you might have felt roll through a few minutes ago.

The MetaCafe is strong (hum, I joined in the spring... that is probably just a coincidence!)

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: that one thread where Kilgore called you out

If this is continuing, then please keep me from being an idiot and claiming weirdness where it not is (what a weird sentence structure!).

I have trust in you. Don’t hold back (I think that you have given me enough shizz that we are cool now. Are we cool?).

Call me out!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
A nice rebuttal from UniverseToday.com about photons and mass for Reverbs!

Massive Photons Could Explain Dark Matter, But Don’t.

Basically they say that if photons have mass (besides a bunch of re-working of quantum mechanics and relativity) you still need dark matter. Also gives a good explanation of what dark matter is).

Posted March 11. I would call it another example of MetaCafe providing more food for thought!

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Awesome man. I did try to say in my post that its not the right answer. Maybe you didnt see I posted a similar article before. I just think its cool to expand our little sandbox of english words into a world of possibilities.

Its funny how we vibe together. How these things just pop up.

I put on futurama and i was listening to something on my phone and the 1 minute i had it on the one eyed girl and the dude had on only fig leaves. And of course the other thing mentions fig leaves in the same manner. Think it was joe rogan..

Its just like time is not above other factors of the universe. Its not so much time travel as it is time homeostasis. Consciousness into time.

Its an archetypal psychological physics mix up from ol reverbsy.

Ill go read now haha.

Oh and my favorite is 33

edit on 13-3-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
@Kilgore, you take baby steps before you walk or run. After “3” you get others that always pop up. 11:11 being a bit more complex; my number is “23” which is a fun bunny hole; Peeps has hers; other Cafeterians seem to have one. But the first natural step is 3.

It is the "natural step" why? Because we are numerate and enjoy quantifying?

I am not in any way disputing that numbers have meaning beyond their value or ability quantify but we ascribe that meaning, we project volition onto the numbers, we invented the numbers and the numbers have become intrinsic to our understanding of reality.

We scan reality looking for markers, subconsciously or otherwise, both usually, and details "pop" out at us. Signs and symbols that help us to navigate reality, developed over millenia for that very purpose by our predecessors. If something is a sign, what is it a sign of?

If you have a favourite number, then that number is going to pop out at you and you will dismiss all other numbers consciously or unconsciously because you are seeking affirmation of that number's specialness. If it is special, why is it special?

I'm not trying to call anyone out. I do it too. All the pictures that I have shown you here on these threads, three is always somewhere (except one actually). Numbers have meaning and are meaningful but only because they were created to be so, in isolation, just because they keep appearing or you notice them...errrr...I don't know, you tell me. What does 3 or 23 tell you when you see it? Or is just a marker that helps you feel you are here?

Know what I mean?

posted on Mar, 15 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KilgoreTrout

For myself, its 27.

Its not so much that its special.. Its more that it turned into a repeating pattern in my life.

When younger, I had some weird draw to 27. It just.. felt (?) "neat" and I liked something about how it rolled off the tongue. Really tough to quantify, ironically.. And, as my life went on, it started cropping up everywhere. Certainly not as a good or a bad thing, just a thing. Phone numbers would have multiple "27s," house address would be 270, etc.

Things like bias confirmation certainly play a part (I am human, after all), but it seems to have been a prominent pattern that echoed a bit before it was relevant. That specific concept led to some pretty big things, though they were all subsequently dropped

Overall, I believe that synchronicity in general shows how limited we are even as pattern recognition systems. But, that doesn't necessarily mean that some patterns won't be more prominent than others in the short span of a human life. And, if my own thoughts about "time" are correct, the relevant patterns can bleed over into adjacent time frames before and after they are truly "in play."

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I had a really nice little coincidence/synchronicty occur today, nothing fancy, but I ordered a book a few weeks ago that arrived today. I ordered it, via Amazon, from a second-hand book store in Germany but it was originally purchased by the District of Columbia Public Library and they had stamped the date they received the book which was my 20th birthday. I liked that, it feels like it was always meant to find me and it is a very lovely book so I am glad we have finally met so many, many, many years after my 20th birthday.

I like finding fives and eights because they have a particular meaning to me, but I can as easily find sixes and sevens, tens and twelves, depends what I am looking for and why it might be relevant. Like TEOTs said, 23 is a fun one, but it has got to the point of over saturation and that, for me, spoils the randomness, makes it a little too much like train spotting. If something keeps repeating itself then I feel it only common courtesy to acknowledge that and attempt to engage with it critically. Patterns are not just there to remind us of the beauty of our biosphere, they are there because of physical laws that govern all our existence. When a pattern begins to change, or a new pattern emerges, we need to take notice and understand how that patterns upon other patterns. Numbers are just the way we monitor, record and communicate such patterns, they are not the patterns.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Sorry for snapping at you!

I have figured out that I have not really slept like a normal person in years (I already told you all about the download. I think that is where my dreams changed. A post here and a post there, and look, my dream patterns change, That is strange in and of itself...)

Have some of my dreams back and have mellowed out to a degree (still hate, that is me using the word ‘hate’ and most things I don’t care about to hate; but those are situational in nature and not personal).

Again, sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I cant really disagree with anything there

I think there are a lot of tricky parts when it comes to such things.

How much of it is a pattern specific to the human experience, how much is influenced by our Cultural Story, and how much meaning have we personally ascribed to it?

Lots and lots to explore, with nearly all of it fluttering at the edge of our perception. Who knows, maybe that's the point.

There are definitely treasures to be had from critical interaction though. I think it could even be argued that its the basis behind discovery, scientific or otherwise.

Alternatively, we can become so obsessed with a pattern that we are blind to everything else going on. I suppose that can lead to discovery as well, but is probably more likely to result in us creating the pattern even if it isn't really there (like pareidolia). At the very least, this can result in some great pictures, but can also lead to madness at its extreme. The human pattern recognition machine run amok.

I think its pretty important to have a balance there. Especially since the principle can be used to manipulate as well. Its really a topic that starts to scrape the essence of being human. Even if that's "all" we are, there's still a helluva lot to learn individually and as a species.

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The reason I try to circumvent conventional word meanings is I'm trying to break apart the pattern. I'm trying to show how to regain free will.. well get it in the first place..

It's patterns all the way down. From the moment YOU were the first cell, to the moment DNA formed your personal story, to this moment now has in large part been one flow. One pattern. Complicated but mostly predictable given enough data recall and intelligence..

To go off script.
To leave the tapestry of life's threads.
Is to be lost and alone,
And that is the desert of freedom.

just a light read... lol

OR the next one is about the same thing.

Photons only interact with charged particles, so they shouldn’t interact with themselves. But quantum physics allows for a photon to temporarily fluctuate into a particle-antiparticle pair (such as an electron-positron pair), and one of these charged particles can absorb a second photon. When these intermediate particles recombine, they emit two photons. The whole process appears as two photons ricocheting off each other, but it has only been observed indirectly by its effect on the magnetic moments of the electron and muon.

In their direct detection strategy, David d’Enterria of CERN, Switzerland, and Gustavo Silveira of the Catholic University of Louvain in Belgium propose using the large flux of “quasireal” photons in the LHC. These are not physical photons but instead are the carriers of the strong electromagnetic forces that surround the protons or lead ions zooming around in the collider. If two quasireal photons scatter off each other, they assume a real nature and can be detected in the LHC detectors. Using computer simulations, the authors show that lead-lead collisions provide the best opportunity for seeing these photon-photon scattering events. Any deviation from the predicted counts could be evidence of new physics, such as the existence of supersymmetry. – Michael Schirber
synopsis of photon photon interaction

edit on 17-3-2019 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   

In the dim and distant past, one would prepare for weeks to visit some of the ancient oracles. Special diets, fasts, purifications and the such like. At many of the oraclular sites it was practice to spend the night in a special room or cave or "incubation chamber" and the next morning you would be brought before the priest or priestesses who would interpret your dream. Without Freud's sexual hang-ups and Jung's religiousity, it remains an effective means of revealing to the conscious mind that which ails it and what it requires to recover.

I can't entirely relate to your situation because I don't very often remember my dreams however when I do, because I don't usually, I look at what about made it so memorable and why disturbed me or jarred me enough to wake me and stay with me. Sometimes it's nothing. Lots gets done while we're sleeping, and much is communicated through the same channels that process information when we are conscious. It's a poor metaphor, but think of your dreams as akin to running a diagnostic, except the report comes out as a cypher. The better you know "thyself", the more effective the communication becomes.

Other than that. Pukkah do a very nice bedtime tea that I can recommend, I prefer Sainsbury's own brand but you may not have access to that - probably not. Cruciferous vegetables and swapping the beer for a red wine or cider, just until you have a healthy sleep pattern, might help too. A little ritual can aid the mood, prepare you for sleep. A bath, something odorous and relaxing. None of this does any harm and if it helps...why knock it.

No apology necessary TEOTles.

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I can be very slow, numbers are not my thing, I am not a counter or quantifyier, and I was the cause of many a mathematics teacher's breakdown, hence why it was not until I was trying to get to sleep that it dawned on me that it is 27 years since my 20th birthday.

top topics

<< 162  163  164    166  167  168 >>

join