It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: amazing

Not all scientists. More and more are coming out of the Climatology Cult.

Who? Which Scientists?

It always has been a manufactured consensus.
And before you slam that image, I remind you, the numbers are FROM THE STUDY ITSELF.

But again, which scientists are in disagreement with the theory of man made global warming? To be fair sometimes it's easy to track down a group of scientists that agree with global warming, such as a university department or NASA but you have to really dig down to find their actual names.
edit on 1-6-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think that another thing.

Lots of members are talking about the $2bn that America has to pay out as part of this deal.

$2bn, thats a drop in the ocean, they spend about $600bn on their military.
edit on 1-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In case anyone is curious.
unfccc.int...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

what about those isn't that bad? Killing our economy isn't going to save the world. And it isn't the rich celebrities and billionaires with subsidized green energy companies who push this crap that will suffer. It us the little people.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Merkel's vassal Macron is running his mouth.

Stronger actions to bring about the end of the EU might be needed from the Trump Admin going forward I think.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

what about those isn't that bad? Killing our economy isn't going to save the world. And it isn't the rich celebrities and billionaires with subsidized green energy companies who push this crap that will suffer. It us the little people.

The problem with those graphs is that we don't know if that's true or not, just a projection. We also know that US manufacturing jobs have been on the decline for decades and will continue to decline no matter what we do. That's a result of India, China and many other countries doing it cheaper. Heck most of AFrica hasn't even gone through their industrial revolution phase yet. These manufacturing jobs are never coming back. Paris accord isn't to blame.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Brilliant move by Trump! All of these "leaders" are upset because they can't take advantage of the United States anymore, it has absolutely nothing to do with global warming. Elitist global governance takes another hit!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Brilliant move by Trump! All of these "leaders" are upset because they can't take advantage of the United States anymore, it has absolutely nothing to do with global warming. Elitist global governance takes another hit!

And a big win for US Corporations. Isn't that the swamp we need to drain?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yawn yawn here we go again. All the anti GW folks getting off on each others ignorance. And yes there we have the infamous charts that proves there is no warming! (no reference or link of course, god forbid).

Well guess what oh ignorant fools:

The fricking animals and plants on both land and in the sea can't read goddam fricking charts and they are most definitely migrating as if the earth is warming.

So please have a wee try and convince all that flora and fauna that it is deluded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
if the supporters of the Paris Accord/climate change are folks like Maxine waters/nancy peloisi/and many other left wing progressives like Barry Obama whose legacy is the committed destruction of the American Systems...
then Trump was indeed...'for'~ the American People & American Jobs

the stench of Jihadist car fires lingers still in Paris...now a 'lost' city

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
"I was elected to serve the interests of the citizens of Pittsburgh...NOT Paris."
- President Trump Rose Garden, 6/1/2017

He is wrong there, He is supposed to serve the interests of the COUNTRY. It was in the interest of the country to say in the voluntary non-binding deal. But he wants those sweet sweet dumb votes from rural america.

link   

It's funny you don't agree with those charts because they are "projections" but every climate model is just that a projection and they have all been wrong so far. According to Al Gore the east cost should already be under water. Its like I said earlier. It's no use trying to convince you all. You think the wold is ending and the only way to fix it is to help cripple our selves because the rich billionaire climate alarmist tell you so.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I see you don't understand metaphor. Pittsburgh is a representative word for The American Worker.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Their ignorance is astounding, they are blinded by politics.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

It's funny you don't agree with those charts because they are "projections" but every climate model is just that a projection and they have all been wrong so far. According to Al Gore the east cost should already be under water. Its like I said earlier. It's no use trying to convince you all. You think the wold is ending and the only way to fix it is to help cripple our selves because the rich billionaire climate alarmist tell you so.

But I'm not listening to Al Gore. I'm listening to actual Scientists and Scientific organizations.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Thanks for that info. I have had a lot of trouble finding out just what the agreement did other than set out goals for the future for reducing CO2 output along with monitoring and reporting standards and I have heard but cant verify that it provided for the US to pay billions annually to be funnelled to third world developing countries....but for what, I havent been able to find.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

And a big win for US Corporations. Isn't that the swamp we need to drain?

I'm an American, I want US Corporations to do well, they provide jobs, products, innovation, pay taxes etc. How does having US Corporations tank improve American lives? The Swamp that needs drained is government, not business.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Pyle

I see you don't understand metaphor. Pittsburgh is a representative word for The American Worker.

No its not. Its why he only mentioned a couple of states in his speech. Like Pennsylvania and Michigan two states that got him elected because voters there bought into his bull#. He is the president of ALL the us but he was only focused on those that voted for him.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Guess this means Elon Musk is out as a Trump advisor.

fine, let him launch his rockets using Tesla batteries

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Climate change denial at this level is total insanity, science is not a opinion, we are heading towards a climate disaster and Trump has just put the nail in the coffin.

Ok well first off science (on this planet at least) is undertaken by humans, all of which have beliefs and opinions and those invariable taint data. Secondly, if humanity is heading off a climate cliff the politicians of the past are just as much to blame as the "science" has been there for decades. Thirdly if humanity as a whole honestly gave 2 hoots about the climate and environment we would stop doing the things we as individuals do every day. Stoop drinking coffee, stop driving your car, grow your own food, stop using electricity, stop buying soy products, instal solar etc, etc.

Don't blame Trump for your fellow mans misuse of resources. I bet you waste food, waste plastics etc. We want politicians to make deals so we don't have to think about our everyday actions. We are a lazy and mostly thoughtless species, just look at all the waste and pollution we create.

You think the Paris deal wasting to do anything meaningful? Wrong, it was symbolic at best. Does this stop your States from choosing to be clean and green? Nope...

I think Trump is generally an unpleasant egotistical spoilt brat but I cannot argue his logic in some cases. How much money has been wasted putting this deal together?

I live in Australia and have watched our government pull money out of solar power and also sign agreements like this, tell you what, don't sign this ridiculous BS and put the money you save into Solar power research and incentives for people to generate their own power. I generate 34kw of electricity each day, I use 11kw. Cost me $18,000 and now I have no power bills. Put your own money where your mouth is kid.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join