It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
It's sure good for the Chinese environement ;p
All those smelting and toxic acid releases go else where ...
elsewhere, like the states !

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

In case you hadn't noticed by now, Trump is exposing the globalists, and their agenda to earn money trough climate-mongering...

Yay! Now they'll earn way more money with the usual pollution for the economy's sake. Yeah. You've guessed it - it's the economy, stupid!

What is this, the old guard fighting new money like... Musk? Kids and their fcking toys. Where is PlanetX when I need one...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Congratulations America, you're now in a club that contains just Syria and Nicaragua, as being the only other two nations who don't think this is important.

And you've proven that America's word is literally not worth the paper it is written on, signed in international treaty.

Sad sad day.

And it's ceded leadership to the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: micpsi

The Paris agreement was never about science. It was about transferring money from the USA to other countries so as to weaken it. Carbon dioxide emissions have very little effect on global temperatures. The claim that it does is unproven. Global warming is just a scam for companies to make huge amounts of money.

This is the perfect phrasing of what conservatives think. They are in denial. As the century progresses and the climate continues to change, it will become more and more obvious to the point they will have to change their stance.

So some of the changes by 2050 include a 7-degree Fahrenheit average temperature increase, an increase in hurricanes and hurricane strength, greater storm surges, and an increase in rainfall for some regions while other regions would experience extreme drought.

what about the scientists involved in the Paris agreement who think anything over 1.5 would be "the point of no return"? If I'm not mistaken, a previous "point of no return" was already reached, and thusly extended.

I think we still need to get a good handle on how much the regular cycles of nature affect things and what they will do, while we are trying to move away from fossil fuels.

And if the members of these groups met by teleconference instead of flying in somewhere, it would make a much bigger statement to the rest of the world. As it looks now, it's all political talk, and with that, convincing folks on the fence will be a tough sell. (IMHO)

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
And you've proven that America's word is literally not worth the paper it is written on, signed in international treaty.

What international treaty? Congress never voted on or approved anything so there is nothing to pull out of in regards a treaty.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Woah, an Indigo Snowflake !!!!!

Trump stated he wished to invest money at home on green energy. He stated he wished to see the cleanest air, cleanest water and cleanest energy ever Creating more jobs at home at the same time.

The people of the United States benefit as a whole.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What international treaty? Congress never voted on or approved anything so there is nothing to pull out of in regards a treaty.

The Paris Agreement, the US signed it. And actually it would be illegal for the US to withdraw before 2019 anyway, there is no mechanism to withdraw from the signed agreement before then. So again, Trump is technically lying to people. All he's done today is signalled his intent to withdraw in 2019.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Until China, Russia and a host of third world countries sign on there is no real upside for the US to sign.

It puts us at a economic disadvantage, plus we HAVE plenty of anti-pollution laws on the books without having other countries dictating to us. We also have OSHA regs so our heavy industry is STILL safer and less toxic than most of the foreign countries that are portraying us as cretins.

I would hope Trump WOULD renegotiate something that is more equitable than presently is on the table.
It's his job, after all.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22301780]GodEmperor

And ?
Apart from deflecting towards tectonic plate shifting, which is is off topic,
do you have anything to add to the US withdrawing from the Paris thing ?
do you have an opinion there ?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The Chinese as far as i know have not comment yet but I think they will hold with the accords. With smog in their cities climate change is becoming a big issue with the people of China and economically moving away from fossil fuels in the future so getting on that gravy train early is a wise economic move. In Scotland for example we are creating loads of jobs in the renewable sector thanks to the governments commitment to reduce carbon emissions.

Even the economics of this make no sense in the long run. Trump sends a message to the world he will not uphold international agreements this is going to make countries think about trade deals and other international agreements. If America does not move away form fossil fuels towards heavy investment in renewable its going to be left behind in 20 years or so. Short term this might actually protect jobs, might boost the money on Wall Street but in the long term its not going to help Americans.

Also its going to take 3 to 4 years before he can actually quit the deal.

This whole thing is a joke even if you don't believe in man made climate change

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Paris Agreement, the US signed it. And actually it would be illegal for the US to withdraw before 2019 anyway, there is no mechanism to withdraw from the signed agreement before then. So again, Trump is technically lying to people. All he's done today is signalled his intent to withdraw in 2019.

Good lord, you should let the loose cannons on the left know this. They are going nutz!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Do you even understand how a treaty gets approved in the United States? Before you come here an try to school the 'Murikans on this subject maybe it would behoove you to learn how our system of government functions, particularly in regards treaty ratification. Which never occurred.

'Illegal'. Too funny. Have the United Nations call the cops on us. Oh, wait.

edit on 1-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Also its going to take 3 to 4 years before he can actually quit the deal.

Source for that statement?

There was no real deal to quit, the Agreement was non binding in the first place.

What this means is that the USA will not be funding them no more 500 million dollar transfers to the Green Climate Fund.

America retains it's Sovereignty.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Trump defeats globalism again, tired of winning yet?

Let me get this straight.

So for almost two decades, and even more the conspiracy was the "NEW WORLD ORDER" controlled by the original oligarchs and their empires of oil, coal, steel, and arms dealing.
Now people blame 'globalists' as the new conspiracy for taking over the world to control the masses. And it's all based off of 'fake' climate changes that seem to be not man made.

Now, as for food for thought, who is Trump supporting while NOT siding with the 'globalists'?
So, what's worse the globalists or the New world order?
I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Question:

I am watching the news just now and the governor of California has said he will enter into his own climate change negotiations with the international community in protest against Trumps climate change policies.

Is he actually aloud to do this?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Actually Trump won 3000 counties while Clinton one like 100 so you may want to re phrase. If it weren't for NYC and Cali it would have been a landslide but that is off topic..kinda.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Just in the event anybody was under a rock the last year

Last minute $500 million dollar gift to UN Climate Fund from Obama

joannenova.com.au...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Question:

I am watching the news just now and the governor of California has said he will enter into his own climate change negotiations with the international community in protest against Trumps climate change policies.

Is he actually aloud to do this?

If they can afford it, I suppose they can. But I am not sure they are in the black currently, so them joining might make them more of a liability than an asset. Time will tell.
edit on 1-6-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I didn't kinda 'click' about Nicaragua & Syria,
but China, certainly

China are currently moving out of 'suspect' status
to potental 'interesting partners'

Open to doing things,
actively collaborating with other nations

Maybe, despite eveything,
we could be moving towards better things

but without the US on the team