It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

It has never been about the climate.

It is about lining pockets, redistributing wealth, globalist slush funds, and control.

The peon believers have been programmed since grade school to think it is about : I "heart" the planet.

edit on 1-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It won't be any different than The World Bank or the IMF, you lend money at interest to third world countries to build infrastructure and electrical generation. The multinationals can then go in and reap the rewards while the population is in perpetual poverty barely keeping up with interest payments on their debt. The Green Climate Fund does not even forbid building fossil fuel electrical generation. This is all one big scam. America can and will look after it's own best interests.

Like much foreign aid before it, most of the “green aid” money will likely end up in the pockets of some of the cruelest and most corrupt people on earth. Congress must stand firm and refuse to appropriate any money for the fund.

Business 360

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is one time I agree with Trump. Everything he said is true. as he said make America of something like that again. a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Painterz

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Painterz
And you've proven that America's word is literally not worth the paper it is written on, signed in international treaty.

What international treaty? Congress never voted on or approved anything so there is nothing to pull out of in regards a treaty.

The Paris Agreement, the US signed it. And actually it would be illegal for the US to withdraw before 2019 anyway, there is no mechanism to withdraw from the signed agreement before then. So again, Trump is technically lying to people. All he's done today is signalled his intent to withdraw in 2019.

There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good lord, if you got paid for hyperbole, you could retire today and take your buddies with you to your own island.

If the world doesn't burst into flames by tomorrow, then perhaps you can rethink just how horrible this whole thing is. Maybe reading the agreement and explaining with sources why it's bad to all the "stupid folk" who just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

But again, which scientists are in disagreement with the theory of man made global warming?
Lets define that. Catastrophic Global Warming theory? Lots.
The simplified theory that C02 is a Greenhouse Gas? You won't find many arguing against that.
You wait, if we enter into a decline in temps, C02 will get the blame.
Climate is much more than C02 = warming.

The real climate scare would be global cooling, truth be told.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

OK, so he wants to have a better deal regarding any climate change agreement and does not want to pull out in it's entirety but wants to ensure that any agreement is based on the protection of the environment and not the protection of sovereign bank accounts?

I see no need for hysteria that billions will be dead next week and the remaining suckers fully bankrupt because words on a piece of paper are getting changed.

The planet will not explode, it's OK.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As a Brit I was talikng to a colleague earlier and we both came to the conclusion that we admired this Donald Trump. He actually does in power what he campaigned about, that never happens here in the UK where the politicians promise so much then change once in power. They are liars here in the UK, while in USA you get a president who does as he promised

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Their ignorance is astounding, they are blinded by politics.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The planet will not explode, it's OK.

Are you sure? I'm fragile and need some reassurance.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Never would have thought ATS would side with the elite

The NWO fake global warming crap is the elite, an elite group above sovereign borders dictating down to the nations.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So after re-runs of Macron's statement ...

Europe is basically turning it's back on the US

The US exists, but, well,
as a partner in extremis

Europe must cut free and do without
new horizons await Europe

Traditional alliances are over
"les rapports sont très fragiles avec l’Europe, malgré tout"

Don't go to war with Iran, Russia or...
Russian surrogates : you'll be alone, given that Nato is useless
according to Trump

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Maybe, but common sense would tell me that there must be a reason that almost 200 countries are in on this agreement?
Because most of those nations will be receiving funds from the west. They don't have to pay anything!

It can't all be a vast conspiracy. And two common sense would tell me to listen to the advice of scientists and not bloggers and the bloggers are telling me this is a scam and the scientists are telling me that man made global warming is a real thing that we need to do something about.

No? Yes?

No!
No one is saying climate change doesn't exist. People are skeptical about it being fixed via taxation and government regulations. Especially in this case. From what I gathered from the parts of the accord I read. It is designed to transfer wealth from poor people in rich nations, to rich people in poor nations. To impose more taxes on the average westerner and give it to 3rd world politicians to entice them to spend it on green enterprises. No thanks I have enough tax in my diet already.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Hey man, Yorkshire needs a little more warming if you ask me...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

I think that another thing.

Lots of members are talking about the $2bn that America has to pay out as part of this deal.

$2bn, thats a drop in the ocean, they spend about $600bn on their military.

It's our money to spend not yours. How about we decide how we run our affairs and you can run the U.K.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

You both wish.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I thunked munny grewed on trees but though....

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But muh coal jerbs!!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
“Following President Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris climate agreement, the Dow, S&P and Nasdaq closed at record highs. ”

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

So?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join