It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well this is just swell! The donald is taking us right back to the point where we'll have to be satisfied saying "Well, at least we aren't as bad as North Korea."

Oh, but wait... we can't say that, N. Korea is in.

Good job, donnyboy.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Whoops, that escalated rather quickly! He shared so much (many?) rock solid cavfefe that I'm having a hard time not to laugh my ass off constantly. It's giggles for free 24/7 in the age of Stupid Watergate for me. YMMV.

The people of the United States benefit as a whole.

You mean the usual oiligarchs, who'll hire the same old farts to spin all this 'progress' to a "benefit for the whole tribe". Surprise! Next sunrise, please!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Lets all burn tyres in celebration. Absolute moron of a man.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Those junkyard fellas near the Vatican beat you to the celebration already. Sorry man

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

oooo good idea!

While we are at it how about just nuking ice caps to help melt them that little bit quicker

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

oooo good idea!

While we are at it how about just nuking ice caps to help melt them that little bit quicker

Yeah, And buy up every can of hairspray we can find and spray the air with gay abandon.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The U.S. is ALREADY a Clean Energy and Oil & Gas Energy Leader; we can reduce our emissions and continue to produce American energy without the Paris Accord

America has already reduced its carbon-dioxide emissions
Since 2006, CO2 emissions have declined by 12 percent, and are expected to continue to
According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), the U.S. is the leader in oil & gas
The agreement funds a UN Climate Slush Fund underwritten by American taxpayers

President Obama committed $3 billion to the Green Climate Fund – which is about 30 percent of the initial funding – without authorization from Congress
With $20 trillion in debt, the U.S. taxpayers should not be paying to subsidize other countries’ energy

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
The U.S. is ALREADY a Clean Energy and Oil & Gas Energy Leader; we can reduce our emissions and continue to produce American energy without the Paris Accord

Since 2006, CO2 emissions have declined by 12 percent, and are expected to continue to
According to the Energy Information Administration (EIA), the U.S. is the leader in oil & gas

President Obama committed $3 billion to the Green Climate Fund – which is about 30 percent of the initial funding – without authorization from Congress
With $20 trillion in debt, the U.S. taxpayers should not be paying to subsidize other countries’ energy

Using reason and common sense will not help you get through to these people. They truly believe that the world is ending and there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. The US must suffer or the world will end don't you get it!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Using reason and common sense will not help you get through to these people. They truly believe that the world is ending and there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise. The US must suffer or the world will end don't you get it!!!!

Maybe, but common sense would tell me that there must be a reason that almost 200 countries are in on this agreement? It can't all be a vast conspiracy. And two common sense would tell me to listen to the advice of scientists and not bloggers and the bloggers are telling me this is a scam and the scientists are telling me that man made global warming is a real thing that we need to do something about.

No? Yes?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The record show we are about to slide into our next ice age.... in fact were about 500 years late.... and you can blow all the Co2 into the sky you want..... it wont save us. There wont be enough land to grow enough food. I would prefer to just lose a few miles of coast line than to have ice covering top third of the continents.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the only thing that could save us from extinction next ice age..... is the very thing we removed to stop the planet from getting 3 degrees warmer over the next 100 years

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Maybe, but common sense would tell me that there must be a reason that almost 200 countries are in on this agreement? It can't all be a vast conspiracy. And two common sense would tell me to listen to the advice of scientists and not bloggers and the bloggers are telling me this is a scam and the scientists are telling me that man made global warming is a real thing that we need to do something about.

No? Yes?

If that is what you think then go read the Paris accord and tell me just how it is going to do ANYTHING? So the US kills our own economy gives tons of money to other countries and China just picks up what everyone else stops doing. That's saving the world right? Give me a break.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Not all scientists. More and more are coming out of the Climatology Cult.

link   
Well, if Trump is willing to renegotiate the deal, I think this may be a step in the right direction. That would mean that he is not denying the importance of the global warming debate and is willing to step to the table to discuss it, which the Right does not seem willing to do whatsoever.

Guess we will have to wait and see what sort of deal he is willing to agree to.
edit on 1-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Who? Which Scientists?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No? Yes?

Nah Trump and ATS say its all BS so it must be so.

That is honestly the ATS mentality these days.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

No? Yes?

If that is what you think then go read the Paris accord and tell me just how it is going to do ANYTHING? So the US kills our own economy gives tons of money to other countries and China just picks up what everyone else stops doing. That's saving the world right? Give me a break.

From what I've read, it doesn't seem that bad, with a lot of it voluntary and there is a rich debate about whether and what kinds of jobs will or might be lost? It would also seem like we're going to be spending more money playing catch up that if we get ahead of the curve now? I could be wrong, but that was my initial take on ready some summary and annalysis of the accord.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like the temperature is rising already.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Macron is giving a statement on Bfmtv

He's not in bed a 11.45 !?!

i'm fit to crash and burn !!

Anyhow, in substance

195 counrties have signed onto the PA
France respects the descision of the US

Europe will continue, together
steadfast, with the agreement

He invites engineers, technicians, scientists
to come to Fance to work on alternative solutions

(A call for brain drain of likemindeds to come to europe)

Whilst the US turns t's back on Europe
Europe will not turn it's back on the US

France will continue to work on climate change
as well as working together on other issues
with other countries

Doors are not closed towards one country
a country to whom we owe so much

We are however, profoundly dissapointed
Europe will take initiatives
to encourage the US to re-think their policy

On Saturday
' i will meet with merkel.... encourage african states to participate'

(not clear, but i stand by the translation)

*approximatif translation in real time*
Sorry miss types 'n' stuff

We'll see how the msn frames it tomorrow

edit on 1/6/17 by Damiel because: spilleng, spicang, readability and such

link   

originally posted by: Majic
Looks like the temperature is rising already.

ohhh i see what you did there!

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Who? Which Scientists?

It always has been a manufactured consensus.
And before you slam that image, I remind you, the numbers are FROM THE STUDY ITSELF.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join