It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: U.S. O-U-T of Paris Climate Accord

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Being a corporation doesn't make one a Globalist.

world wide corporations

See that attribute...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
People need to just stop and think for a second

He stated, quite clearly - they are pulling out to renegotiate a new agreement that is fair for all.

I know some of you want to pretend he didn't say that, but he did.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Doesn't fit the boogy man narrative.

link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker
Nature Magazine

Continued US membership in the Paris Agreement on climate would be symbolic and have no effect on US emissions. Instead, it would reveal the weaknesses of the agreement, prevent new opportunities from emerging, and gift greater leverage to a recalcitrant administration

link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Very succinct article. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

He stated, quite clearly - they are pulling out to renegotiate a new agreement that is fair for all.

Some major players in EU have already said NO to re-negotiate.

Now what ?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
4 Reasons Trump Was Right to Pull Out of the Paris Agreement

Whoa!

The Obama administration ended up shipping $1 billion in taxpayer dollars to this fund without authorization from Congress.

dailysignal.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Some major players in EU have already said NO to re-negotiate.

Now what ?

It's not a problem, because President Obama Says:

""The nations that remain in the Paris Agreement will be the nations that reap the benefits in jobs and industries created," Obama said. "I believe the United States of America should be at the front of the pack.""

Source: www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

While Trump said the United States would be willing to rejoin the accord if it could obtain more favorable terms, the three European leaders said the agreement cannot be renegotiated, "since it is a vital instrument for our planet, societies and economics."

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Big Eared Barry should keep his mouth shut.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, he has not. Dont be so ignorant.

To me holocaust denial and climate change denial are just as bad.

Then you have no idea what the Holocaust was.

It amazes me how you guys not see how this just plays to the global elite.

Man made global warming is a scientific fact.

Nope.

The only people who benefit from America pulling out of these accords are the global elite, the oil and gas conglomerates.

And people with jobs, who pay utility bills, who put gas in cars... you know... regular people.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Imagine how wonderful the world would be if folks actually did that?

The environment would already be 'fixed' (because it would have never been 'damaged' in the first place) and everyone would have money and a job.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

What a utter moron.

Honestly this is just awful, utter crap.

Climate change denial at this level is total insanity, science is not a opinion, we are heading towards a climate disaster and Trump has just put the nail in the coffin.

I know right, one day my city will be underwater, but wait wasn't that supposed to happen in the 90s? or 2012? When did Al Gore say it was going to happen? Or how about that freeze that science said would happen in the 70s? How about all that ice in the arctic over the last decade? hmmmm

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I really do wonder where the people who deny any type of human influenced climate change get their information from.

I have seen changes at the level I dwell over the last 40 years.

I guess some people just see what they want to see because seeing what's in front of them is inconvenient, like the "moral hazard" of insurance let's people drive like assholes without worrying ( thinking, being mindful, being inconvenienced) about who they hurt or what they damage because they're "covered"...

The accords are a kind of insurance that countries of the world were going to pitch in for in order to finance research to find out if there is anything to this "global Warming".

Only ignorant fools with no fore-sight would think not participating in researching dangers to the planet and environment is a good thing.

Of course, there are those who think we'll just go grab us another planet...

Uh Huh...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

how many solar panels does al gore have on his 9 million dollar mansion?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ares2493

Solar panels don't fix anything, it takes the burning of CO2 emitting fuels to make every single component of them, same with batteries and the rest of your dumb electric cars.

You people are just gonna have to get un-addicted to burning # and wear more layers to burn less heating fuel.

If you look at the things that need to be done to reduce CO2 emissions, it becomes glaringly obvious that those who stand to sell you all that # you burn every day of every year your entire lives would sell less of that # to you.

It's about keeping selling your dumb asses that # regardless of the effects it has on the environment, and then blaming you for it...

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ms898
a reply to: avgguy

It's a bad decision internationally because countries have lost faith with USAs word. If USA developes a reputation of not honouring promises why make a deal in the first place.

Apart from countries international businesses like stability.

So true even if you ignore the impact on the global climate, this sends a message to the world that America no longer stands by its international commitments.

It wasn't an American commitment, it was an Obama commitment.....and now null and void.

link   
Felt the need to post this gem again.

edit on 1-6-2017 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ares2493

how many solar panels does al gore have on his 9 million dollar mansion?

Sounds like he has NONE.

""Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.

"If this were any other person with $30,000-a-year in utility bills, I wouldn't care," says the Center's 27-year-old president, Drew Johnson. "But he tells other people how to live and he's not following his own rules.""

Source: abcnews.go.com...
edit on 6/1/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join