It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 135
<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Shedizens - I've posted a new episode of Falling. As always, you can use the link in my signature to get to the beginning of the story, or you can use this link to go directly to the new post: Falling: An Epic Fantasy - The Feast of Sheaves.

Happy Reading!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I heard we were having Dairy Queen blizzards so I came in. YUM!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Yup! But we have to ship a few to Gordi & his clan too. They'll still be fine by the time they get there, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

We can deliver by dragon.

Gordi...incoming!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Under a gray sky, the mighty dragon alights on the crest of a green Highland hill, dotted with lichen-covered rocks.
Smoke wafting from its nostrils, the heat of its internal furnace causing the crisp Scottish air above to shimmer like a desert road.
It raises it's head and bellows, "GOOORRRRDDDDIIII!"

Sir Gordi of the Shedlands answers the call, climbing the hill with sure feet to reach the shoulder of the hill. The massive head of the dragon lowers to peer into Gordi's eyes.

"Are you Sir Gordi of the Shedlands, human?"

Even a noble and gallant knight such as Gordi trembles a bit when faced with such a powerful and magnificent magical creature, so all he can do is nod.

"Good," rumbles the dragon. "I have a delivery for you."

"Me?" Gordi mouths silently.

The dragon nods its head, then produces a slightly charred crate. "From Shepherd and Night Star...." it says. "It is, well, I fear..." says the dragon, suddenly a bit sheepish. "Ah...yes....well, they sent you...."

"...........fried ice cream!"

edit on 8-8-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
oooh, I'm SO IN!
Do they do a Salted Caramel??

PS - The dragon-scorched Ice Cream... is that how they invented baked Alaska?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It sounds like freak weather to me. A blizzard in the summer? Whatever next, Nibiru? Anyway, I have to go, I have some kilt patterns I need to choose from...
edit on 8/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

hahahaa!!
Don't forget the Golden Rule Light...
(True Scotsman?) ROFL

edit on 8-8-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a video

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Absolutely hilarious! And...you answered one of my questions with your post so I didn't need to ask it.

Now here's the other question: Have you ever applied blue body paint, with or without sword in hand?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Only to a sheep.... erm... uhm... I mean NO... never done that! (apart from the sword!)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well, I'm off to bed.
Keep the shed safe.
G

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh what a lovely surprise of Shep's dragon delivery story, Gordi's fun video and Driver's question about Gordi being a smurf, I mean, asking if he ever painted himself blue. Delightful Gentlemen! You all made me smile. Hugs!

Shep that really was an awesome dragon delivery story!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

"...I'd never give a LADY a grand bantering... SO HERE GOES..."

There was a wee joke in there.... I'm sure you'll get it eventually if you try really really hard.
(*hint - I've capitalised it for you!)

Yes yes, I get it, I am NOT a Lady, or should I try harder?
You try to say that to the cook one week from shore and all your tators will be raw and your coffee as thin as water.
"Oh I am so sorry Sir, your potatoes are hard, well it must have been the last shipment gone bad."
"Your coffee tastes like dish water, well you all ways complain about not getting enough sleep so....."

"Womens faults are many, but Men have only two....
Everything we say, and everything we do!"

Now this is the fruit of true self knowledge, you are either a savant or Chrissy has imbued you with wisdom. The latter I assume.
His Highnesses response Ahh, merely a meek observation of the way things work in this "man's world" of ours!

Tsk Tsk. Meek is not a word I would attribute to this sentence. Man's world!!!! "Ours" would be inclusive of all humanity, correct? The female gender far out numbers the male, we, and I speak for all of us, allow you to maintain the illusion of superiority.
But numbers are not a justification, our mere presence, no matter how miniscule, would prove my argument.

What do you mean by "experienced lady"? It doesn't sound right.

HHG That my dear, you shall have to work out for yourself!

You fox, you put us in a trap, if either of us define this we will be shunned into darkness.

I have to use a Spanish waiter??

very strange...

Oh dear, more British humor. I am so privileged to have been spoon-fed their lovely abundant humor.
Fawlty is of course far from politically correct, but that only applies to those who can't see how ridiculous the perpetrator portrays his own ignorance.

Now a wee story about Manuel.
On the oil rig we had a handy man from Cuba named Manuel, a true valiant prankster amidst the tedious never ending hours of seclusion. A tango or samba with the galley crew was a favored treat.
Any way we all ways goofed around and one night/day he was off to bed and I (completely ignorant of Spanish)said: " Have a wonderful Manuela"
The air sucked out of the galley and every one looked at me as if I were insane. And then they all started laughing tears bursting out. I can't of course explain what that meant but I all ways giggle when I encounter a Manuel.

Have you started yet? I thought I was coming to a battle of Wits, but I see that you've come unarmed!

I am still waiting for you to begin. As for armed....

I assume I can have my pick of weapon. The most effective in all creation. Now may I see yours ?.

Flaming Doors

There is this one door I'd like you to look at....

How quaint darling, after you, I don't want to seem pushy, that would be so off character.

She won't have to! ....once a man shows her how to reduce the file sizes herself!

Charming really, I think it is the first time I have had the pleasure of hearing a man speak of reducing size in a positive context.

Always a pleasure my dearest WIS!
Have I bantered you?

Thank You, yes I assume that will suffice for the moment, the others may find it boring.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

So absolutely wonderful to see you dear Kaelci and what a delightful piece of your world veiled in imagination you served us.

I see you two love birds are closer to a union. November isn't far away. But I know the days become longer the closer one gets.
Here is a big ]]]]]]]]]HUG[[[[[[[[[[ seeing you are in need.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank You, yes I assume that will suffice for the moment, the others may find it boring.

Are you friggin kidding me? I look forward to the creative wit and retorts of the two of you! Carry on.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Nice paint job but I really like the change in pace of the music being an old school Technophil my self.
Actually I consider my self eclectic with preference for oddities.
"Over Here" people my age don't listen to such music. Even though it has its origin in Detroit Michigan in the late eighties.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Really, you like it? Well I must admit I enjoy it too, it grants me a repose from my daily travail.

So nice to see you Madam Night. I am playing hooky tomorrow. I need a reprieve, the chaos at work is so stressful so I will express my autonomy by calling in sick.

I love my anonymity here. I can relate this with out repercussions. They track each other on FB, monitoring when so and so has been online, when they are ill or have called in. Or just relate comments from their online activity. Pathetic.
A former co-worker received a restraining order due to FB activity. Even though every thing she said was true.
Freedom of speech my fanny.

They can't find me, Na NA NA na na na. Only one person knows of my existence here.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So absolutely wonderful to see you dear Kaelci and what a delightful piece of your world veiled in imagination you served us.

Thank you for noticing.
*hugs*

I cried for nearly 5 hours solid yesterday. It just wouldn't go away.
Writing that bit of Kaelci's story, though small and not of my usual excessive verbiage, really helped.

edit on 8 8 2017 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

I would be a poor Auntie if I didn't spot that, and I know you too well.
Those wolves are adorable, thank you, my hug score is very low.

Here is one back at you.
Just take my hand and we will wander a little in the realms in-between.

Now remember you are fortunate that you are able to express your self so eloquently. It gives you a venue of release not readily available to most of us. Not to diminish your anguish, assured, but it grants you a place apart from your pain so you can view it from a different perspective.
And create wonderful images in your audiences minds.

Must Slumber.

edit on 9-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: I am an imbicile

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Hey WIS - I forgot to say that I really liked all of the wolf gifs - especially the "pack howling" one on the previous page!! Awesome.

Gx

top topics

<< 132  133  134    136  137  138 >>

join