It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Glad to see some of you posting and I would love to reply to everyone personally and watch the vids and read Blue's story but...

I am so furious right now I could scream. I am firing my damned endocrinologist after my next visit next month. I'm only going next month to get results from tests. I am so upset I don't even want to go into the details, besides if I did, it would be a book. From the doctor to his staff and the lab there I don't know if any of them know what the hell they are doing! Unbelievable!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night, sorry how your day turned out PM me and yell about it if you like

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sharing some of my wife's music. She was a music promoter that is. Today would have been her 61st birthday.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I love Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar playing . Thanks for posting . 😊

Sorry to hear about your medical mix ups Night Star .. hope you find a good doctor with competent staff 😕

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks Blue! I'm still too wound up to go into details right now.

Thanks Sheye! Stevie Ray Vaughan is amazing! Still don't have time to watch the vids in here. Going to get caught up at facebook and maybe watch some movies to unwind. I'll be checking in as always.

Love you all!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: Night Star

Night, sorry how your day turned out PM me and yell about it if you like

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sharing some of my wife's music. She was a music promoter that is. Today would have been her 61st birthday.

Happy birthday to the spirit of your wife Blue ( may I call you Blue ? )

She must have had fun doing that ... it's something I've always wanted to do and think I may have been good at it if I would have started earlier in life 😏.

That band was awesome and the vocalist was very good .. on guitar as well.
Thanks for posting that vid ... edit :nevermind .. read the title of the vid 🙄
edit on 11-8-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

Asked what they were called .. lol .. its right on the vid lol

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you for your thoughts.

Yes, Dustin Pittsley is awesome on the guitar. Him and his wife are real nice people as well.
I can't keep up with what he is doing these days but I know for a while he played with BB King.
BTW, I'm known as Blue Dude at the shed.
edit on 8 11 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm sorry to hear your lady is not here with us but she sounds like a cool lady. Promoting music like this, wow! The small circuit is often under-rated but it is the way to go when you are starting out and these boys can play!
A crowd of two or three hundred people can make for a great experience if the band plays well.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Thank you for reading about the one that I have lost.

Sorry that the video below is long but this is the only one I could find of Freakshow at the moment.
My wife as an engineer on their first CD. The base guitarist taught my youngest step-daughter how to play the sax in high school. The drummer is David Teegarden Jr. who's dad runs Natura Digital recording studio and was a drummer for Bob Segar.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The Paul Benjamin Band below. A few things to say about the band is that is Jessie Aycock sitting to the left. His own band has been on the Jimmy Fallon Show before. I know this isn't exciting but Paul went to DUI class with my wife. His birthday just happens to be on the day my wife died.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

Thank you for reading about the one that I have lost.

Sorry that the video below is long but this is the only one I could find of Freakshow at the moment.
My wife as an engineer on their first CD. The base guitarist taught my youngest step-daughter how to play the sax in high school. The drummer is David Teegarden Jr. who's dad runs Natura Digital recording studio and was a drummer for Bob Segar.

Wow Blue Dude ! You had some impressive connections through your wife . You must have enjoyed listening to some fine live music with her .

She sounds like an awesome lady who most undoubtedly picked an awesome man to marry. You must have shared some happy times 🙂

Edit: Sorry for replying to post for LightSpeedDriver 😕

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You are doing just find Sheye. Thank you.

I need to take a break now but when I come back I'll share as much music as I can find that has a connection to my wife.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

haha!
Light - here's a wee history lesson...
a) Nazareth are Scottish.

b) Gin is made from "British Spirits" a by-product of the Scotch Whisky Industry. i.e. Scottish at heart! LOL

My preferred drink is a nice single malt Scotch, maybe a Speyside? Yeah.

BUT I like to mix it up, and I experiment by flavouring my own spirits... (ask kaelci about my Atholl Brose recipe!!)
Gin is a nice neutral spirit for using as the base for experimenting!
Best ones so far... Bramble Whisky (with wild Scottish Brambles)... "SoorPloom" Gin (made with traditional Scottish sour boiled sweets called SoorPlooms...)
and Parma Violet Gin, made from gin and... yeah Parma Violets!!!
I was introduced to this particular tipple at the festival last weekend and OMFG... it's nice!
PS - I HATE TONIC!!! ROFL

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

LOVE THAT!
Yeah.

Thanks Luke!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I remember Nazareth from way back when. I had no idea they were Scottish.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hold on a minute...I thought the English won the war? You mean to tell me that the reason Gin is nasty is because it is made from 3rd grade unwanted Whisky by-products? Now I understand why the Romans built that wall! And I feel robbed! To be honest, beer is better, ordering a pint of Gin makes people stare....
edit on 11/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Accidental capslock

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
David Teegarden Sr. and Skip Van Winkle "God Love and Rock and Roll" from 2015 and 1971.
With the original coming out in 71 they got together with a little know artist named Bob Segar. David became his drummer and the rest is history.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I am so furious right now I could scream...... From the doctor to his staff and the lab there I don't know if any of them know what the hell they are doing! Unbelievable!!!!!

Good let it out. I am happy to hear that you aren't trying to excuse their behavior due to poor potty training.
Here you can borrow my "Friend"

to help relieve some of your tension.
She likes making a "crisp edge" on every thing.

It is amazing in this 'system' how we put our lives in the hands of people who view us as 'revenue'.
There is a big sign in my doctors office, "If you ask question not requested before your visit you may be billed accordingly" Something like that. AND.
If your 'visit', (how nice to say 'visit' when it feels like a marathon) exceeds the "such and such time" you may expect additional costs.
It is so comforting sitting there, sick, vulnerable and scared being threatened with additional costs.

edit on 11-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: word

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
...... You mean to tell me that the reason Gin is nasty is because it is made from 3rd grade unwanted Whisky by-products?

Now, now, Sir, please don't jump to conclusions here, Gin, isn't "nasty", it has an acquired flavor and effect. The flavor is an ambrosia and the effect on me, is such that I can never touch it. That is where the "nasty" in Gin occurs.
So I abide by it's maker, Whisky, a true solace to the soul, smooth on the palate, gently encouraging, enticing.

edit on 11-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: letter

I have an amusing Gin Tale to tell if any one is so inclined?
edit on 11-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: edit edit edit. No one reads this, do they?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Indeed! Whisky is earthly tones, slowly imbued flavours, deep and wide tendencies. Unlike Gin. Gin is like drinking flowers. It's so nasty. Not even a hint of girliness to it. Bah! It's like a transgender confused illegitimate son somebody wants to lose, preferably in a barrel filled with lead and acid and sealed after the body has been recently inserted.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Jeff Martinson "Jesus in Jeans"

Jeff was a former sound manager for J.J. Cale. We met Jeff at Exit 6C in Tulsa which was one of the three clubs that were right next to each other that he owned in down town Tulsa. Does anyone remember David Cook from American Idol? This is where he worked as a bartender and sometimes singer.

Via Jeff, my wife met J.J. Cale who was like a grandfather to her before his death. As J.J. worked with Eric Clapton she was able to hang out with time when he was in town.

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join