It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Shep, I had a great time with my friend! We found a new second hand/antique shop to poke around in. Had a lovely lunch and later in the day had some ice cream.

Blue, that dream about a half a cup of coffee wasn't a bad dream, that is a nightmare.

Glad that things are moving along with your heart adventure.

So here's the part where the Elf complains about people not showing up in here. Yeah I know it must be getting old, but...where the hell is everyone? I just know there is some amazing partying going on somewhere. It's quiet in the bushes, so where shall I look now? I know...it's Scotland isn't it? Gordi has enticed everyone to travel to Scotland. I tried hitching a ride on a dragon but he kept complaining about the rain. Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hello all!

Recently I have set a “theme” for each day in the morning. Something positive and something that feels fitting on a given day. Today it has been “Calming down” and I have been doing some breathing exercises, meditation, visualizing beautiful landscapes in my mind and just be. Not in the mistakes of the past or the uncertainty of the future but just stay in the moment. Mindfulness.

So as I have been chilling, some feelings of joy and occasional smiling have also arrived as a side-bonus. Those have been quite rare to me.

Going to be a hot day in southern Finland today.

I wish smiles and joy to each and everyone of you!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good Morning Shedlandia,

My apologies for my lack of activity here... Real Life getting in the way again I'm afraid.
I've actually been stupidly busy since coming back from holiday.
EVERYBODY wants everything NOW (or sooner!).
I worked flat-out on a BIG signage job, design on Sunday, production all day Monday and part of Tues morning, then installation on Tues afternoon and evening. Didn't get home until 9.30pm then (having started work at 7.15am).
I overdid it big-time to get the job done, but my Chronic Fatigue has reared its ugly head again and I'm now paying the price.
I decided to "take it easy" yesterday, there were a couple of small jobs to do, but I hadn't given definite timescales for completion so they could be put off until today/tomorrow.
But, mid-morning I got a call from one of my customers... his next door neighbours old shop-sign (NOT one of mine!) had come adrift from the wall outside the shop, and was hanging dangerously - directly above the pavement (sidewalk) where the customers and general public walk by.

His neighbours shop is closed and the guy is very difficult to get hold of, so he didn't know who else to call.
I had to go and make it safe (as best I could) and the weather was just horrible.
The sign was decades old and had a big old heavy timber frame, but the board that it was nailed onto (to fix it to the wall) had rotted away completely! I could put my finger straight through it!! So I had to make up a make-shift timber support to make it safe, on top of a ladder in the rain.
Needless to say, I am now completely knackered.

(For those who don't know... I've had chronic fatigue for about 12 or 13 years now.
It's absolutely fine unless I "overdo" things, and then it becomes a nightmare.

I compare it to being like a mobile phone powered by an old battery.
The phone still works perfectly fine, but the battery life is very short and when it drains - the phone just shuts down.

That's what it's like. I can work perfectly fine, but have to do shorter hours than most or my system just "shuts down". The aches & pains are just awful, and you feel like you haven't slept in months.
It takes about 2 or 3 days of doing nothing to charge the battery back up again, but how often do we have the luxury of being able to do nothing for 3 days??

I gave up my career in IT because of this, and set up my own company so that I could work to my own schedule, but sometimes the pressures sneak up on you and you don't realise you've pushed too hard until it's too late.)

I've just noticed that I'm rambling. Another side-effect of the fatigue I'm afraid.
I'll stop here.

I just wanted to explain.

G

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hope you shake it off soon mate !

There are questionable mushrooms te be carved !

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Morning, or, er, Evening Timely!

What's a "questionable" mushroom? Does that mean you can interrogate it?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Morning, or, er, Evening Timely!

What's a "questionable" mushroom? Does that mean you can interrogate it?

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Edit to add:
I stumbled across this by accident earlier and it's surprisingly good!

edit on 27-7-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: add video link

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

No, it is neither edible nor particularly inviting ...

Gordi is the creator of such inspiring mirth ...

Gordi !??

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Hey Gordi!
Must be pretty close to quittin' time across the pond, yes?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's after 4pm now, but I stopped working a couple of hours ago. I'm too tired and can finish it off tomorrow.

The "mushroom" thing Dave is alluding to.... is my habit of carving wooden mushrooms and releasing them into the wild to be found by unsuspecting believers in faery-folk! ROFL

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Pure Gold !!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

That's excellent! I've got a fair few trees around my place. Might just have to try my hand at those...I bet the Shepherditos would be quite intrigued!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I started doing it just for a laugh and at one time had about 7 or 8 placed "naturally" in the woods, then they started going "missing"!!
Someone was finding and taking them away... home??

I couldn't help but wonder if they thought it was some real "weird" mushroom, or whether they thought it was gifts from the faery-folk or something???? But somewhere... someone now has at least a dozen of my wooden mushrooms!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

To see the carefully carved bu.. mushrooms taken from their spawning place to see adventures as yet not spoken of ... that's a cack !

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Maybe they made a toadstool ring out of them.

Oh! I know! It was Night Star and Pesky! Pesky wanted something to sit on while she berated people!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

bu...mushrooms

Was that going to be "bushrooms"? Not that I know what those are either...

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Good points, well made.
On the subject of "bu..." one of my "shrooms" made it to Amsterdam with a couple of my mates..... lets just say there are some "interesting" photos of it, in front of remarkably similar shaped objects in the windows of the Red Light District there!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Oh dear! LOL

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ooooh there are people in here!!!!!
Does the happy dance.

Fin...

So as I have been chilling, some feelings of joy and occasional smiling have also arrived as a side-bonus. Those have been quite rare to me.

I think many of us can relate to that. I have had my fair share of those days, but the shed and its denizens have helped me tremendously. So what is the theme of the day today?

Hey Gordi, that was an interesting version of the heavy metal band White Snake's 'Here I Go Again.'

You are a trooper my friend pushing forward even though you have chronic fatigue. A busy business is a successful one.
You can ramble on any time you'd like. I love seeing people share their thoughts.

Waves at Timely Dave! I was going to mention something about Gordi's questionable mushrooms and your avatar, but ummm...never mind. Hope you are doing well across the pond. Oh and...a cack? Pulls out her foreign dictionary.

Hello Shep! How is your day going?

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join