It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 117
<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

The inscription is beautiful!

Hey, you ever go looking for the Loch ness monster?

You're 53? I would never have guessed you were that old. LOL You aint so far behind me. Bahaha!

Happy Birthday Hun!

The faeries baked you a cake.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Just checking in real quick before I hit the hay stack in the back room.

Spent some time with my dad on Saturday chasing a train south along the Kanawha River Railroad. Just happen to hear this coal train getting ready to leave Dickinson Yard over at Belle. I got to thinking that it had been a while since I had caught a train over there. So I went in and asked him if he wanted to go get one on the other side. He asked what was talking on the radio and I told him that a coal train was getting ready to leave and that I didn't know if it was heading either north or south. We talked it over for a few minutes and we went to go see if we could see which way it was heading. We got over to the yard and had to wait around for a little bit before he started to head south. As soon as that train started moving, we made a bee line for a spot.

Thundering south down former New York Central track along the new short line's namesake river. A Kanawha River Railroad coal train, running as a KN38, passes through Cedar Grove as it heads towards Alloy and the connection with the former Virginian Railway.

Barely exerting any force on the rear of the train for now. KN38's pushers glide with ease through Cedar Grove while on the way south.

Seen after crossing the Kanawha River, the former Chesapeake & Ohio Railway, West Virginia 61, and after emerging from a small tunnel of trees. Kanawha River Railroad train KN38 is about to enter Deepwater Tunnel on its run south to Mullens.

Digging in and getting ready for the battle up the nearly two percent grade between here and Oak Hill ahead. The three SD60s on the rear enter Deepwater Tunnel with the stiff grades of the former Virginian Railway ahead of them.

With four SD60s shoving on the rear of a loaded coal train with all they can muster as their battle with the near two percent grade begins. Kanawha River Railroad train KN38 illuminates the inside of Deepwater Tunnel on the former Virginian Railway as they head south for Mullens.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Wow! Your photos are always so amazing Chooch! It's great that you and your Dad get to go see the trains together. Making nice memories!

edit on 24-7-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hey, thanks fer the welcome!

Yeah, I'm a small cog in the big, universal machine; )

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

...Hey, you ever go looking for the Loch ness monster?

?? I MARRIED her! ??

Thanks for the cake and birthday wishes!
G

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Great picks there. I used to have to send freight trains up the steepest grade in England when I was a signalman. We only needed one bank engine though.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

i.ytimg.com...>
edit on 32pMon, 24 Jul 2017 05:13:32 -050020172017-07-24T05:13:32-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Fin, thanks for stopping in! What kind of music have you been listening to?

Hi!

A massive amount of trip hop, some ambient/chillout, quality poprock like Placebo, a little bit of metal and rap. Kind of depending on my mood.

Yesterday i got into a bit of a zombie-mode due to not sleeping enough but all that is fixed now. So stopping by here at the shed to send and receive some positive vibez.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Gimme, thanks for the RR pictures. I always look forward to seeing them here.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hello Sprocket!

Gordi, you married the Loch ness monster? Ahahaha! Chrissie, Gordi said...

Fin, my taste in music is quite diverse too depending on my mood.

Blue, how are you today?

Hello to Sheddites and lurkers everywhere! It's actually a cool day here today. No heat and humidity. Yay! Raining, but that's ok.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I slept better last night, which is always a plus.
My calls to the MD did some good. Now I'm waiting for a callback from the referral department.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Lorri!! We try to get out as much as we can even in the heat. Heat index was up around 100 - 105 here on Saturday so it made for an interesting time standing around the tunnel there at Deep Water.

a reply to: SprocketUK
Thanks! We have to put more on the back due to weight and length of trains here. In fact it's WATCO's policy that any loaded train heading down the Virginian railway to Mullens has to have three locomotives up front and four SD60 locomotives pushing on the rear.

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
I aim to please man! Glad you keep enjoying the photos!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

OMG it's Chooch here during the daylight hours! LOL

I would die in that kind of heat!!!!! I would be inside somewhere where the ac on for sure. Nice to see you so early! Now step away from facebook! Actually that is where I have been getting my newest pics to post in here. They tend to be huge but they do make an impact.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Kind of scary to see me on here during the daylight eh?
I'm sitting in the house right now with the AC cranked up so I'm staying inside today for the most part.
edit on 24-7-2017 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I was shocked to see you here so early. LOL
I was like...wait, what? Yes, stay home and stay cool. It is unusually chilly today, not normal weather for this time of year here, but I love it!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Send some of that cool air down here would ya please? I'm sick of the heat and humidity already.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400

Send some of that cool air down here would ya please? I'm sick of the heat and humidity already.

I was too until today. Maybe you'll have your day too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star Evening Star! Been to work and back since my last post

Hope ya had a great evening.

I figured you would need more, I think the heaviest we ever run up that hill is just over 2000 tonnes.

Made for some interesting times when they sent us a freight train during rush hour or when there was a point failure further up at Saltley

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Nice relaxing evening here. Thank you!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
She is the watcher, the guardian of the night. She watches as you slumber and guides the dreamer of dreams to enchanted places. She walks with the nocturnal creatures through the darkness beneath moonlight and stars. She is magic, she is the faery of the night.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 114  115  116    118  119  120 >>

join