It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Night Star and her companions found themselves deep in the forested lands of Accasia. They each had vague memories of being in different time lines and different situations. How strange thought the Elven maiden, how very strange. High upon a rocky cliff with over hanging trees, they spied a beautiful faery with her head hung low and long flowing hair spilling forward. They couldn't tell if she was very sleepy or very sad. A full moon illuminated the night as the fire flies playfully chased one another.

Pesky was the first to speak of course, never having much self restraint. "Hello? Are you alright? If you are sleepy, you really ought to find a more comfortable place to sleep. If you are sad then perhaps we can help you." The lovely faery swung her head up, brushed her hair from her face and the tears from her aqua blue eyes. Slowly she stood and watched the approaching beings. Night smiled warmly. "I am Night Star and these are my companions." She pointed to the white wolf, the winged wild cat and the little pixie and introduced them to the sorrowful faery.

"I am Nafariel and I have been lost here for a very long time. I don't even remember for how long or how it even happened. I simply awoke one day and found myself here. The beauty of nature and the creatures that roam and fly free have filled my life with joy and wonder, but somehow, it wasn't enough. I longed for companionship, other beings to speak with and to share my life with." Hugo stared at Nafariel. "It is rare to come upon a faery that is human sized. I noticed your wings...they do not appear to be large and strong enough to support you." The faery smiled. "Not everything is as they appear to be. I can assure you, they are quite powerful and carry me to great heights."

Wolf bowed his head in greeting. "A pleasure to meet you Nafariel. We are lost ourselves at the moment and are unfamiliar with the territory. Perhaps you could travel with us. That is...if you so desire." Pesky landed beside the Faery. "Wonderful idea, but I think it might be best to find some clothes somewhere. You know...in case we come across certain beings that might get distracted and all." Night cupped Pesky in her hand. "Have I taught you nothing about manners?" she huffed.

edit on 24-7-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hi Night Star!

The halls of the Shed seem a bit open and empty today. Hope you all are having a good day - Shep's still a little sleepy today despite the fact that I've only got a couple more hours of work. Sheesh!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Greetings to all that read this.

As I have been expecting a call from my dr's referral dept to inform me of what heart surgeon I can see I actually received a call from them this morning. Sadly all they had to say was that I would be called within a weeks time with the needed information.

I'm not up to it right now but I had tears last night in bed recalling a long dream that reminded me that I cannot go back home to how things were before my wife died. On the flip side I did have a good dream once asleep.

Take care and I'll be back later.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hang in there Blue Dude!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Is that voices that I hear? Runs down the hall and into the living room and sees Shep and Blue!. Hugs them both.
I swear, all I did was start to tell a story and everyone disappeared. Nothing like clearing a room eh?

Blue, hang in there. I know all this waiting can be maddening, but at least the ball is rolling.

Shep I'm a little sleepy too. I just don't sleep well. Going off to watch a movie, but I will be checking in for more signs of life in here.

Oh look, an enchanted stairway. I wonder where it leads to? Wanders off.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I had a rough night the night before last - up every hour for no discernible reason. Last night I slept OK, but Mrs. Shep woke me up at 5 and I couldn't get back to sleep. Not her fault - poor thing is getting over a cold and was coughing. She's more tired than I am.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Awww, I hope Mrs. Shep feels better soon. Bring her some pixie chicken soup. There is a fresh pot of it on the stove.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Awesome, I'll jar some up and take it home to her.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Incidentally, for any Shedfolk looking for something to read, I've posted a couple more episodes of Falling.
The first is here: Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Summoned
And the second is here: Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Target

As usual you can use those links to go directly to the new posts, or you can use the link in my .sig to go to the beginning of the story. Happy reading!

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It is made by the pixies so...if she seems to feel better than usual, you'll know why. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

LOL - OK, understood.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Thanks for adding more to the falling. Good work.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I went to bed about 7pm and work up at 1230am and couldn't go back to sleep

Night, I've sent you some PM's.

As it's almost 5am I think I'll try the going back to bed thing again.

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I love your pictures, Night!

I know you appreciate it when we come out of the bushes once in awhile

so I thought I'd check in.
I've been working, working, working and the weather has been fabulous to cooperate with that. Oh, I'm still teaching/training ( my day job LOL) but, we've secured some remodel and deck work (contracts) so evenings and weekends (days off LOL) are busy. Here's the one started yesterday (editing for size from my phone makes it look
wonky
) I should have taken a pic after demo but was hot and I forgot!

When I'm not doing those things, I'm in the garden with the plants and my other friends

I've got tons of video but, did away with my youtube acct some time back and haven't had the time/inclination to make a new one. I'll try to upload a few to FB if you would like to see them

Missing all of you and know that you are all thought of often but, am only checking in briefly as time permits.
I'll just leave this here for whomever may need it.

"Lying, thinking
Last night
How to find my soul a home
Where water is not thirsty
And bread loaf is not stone
I came up with one thing
And I don’t believe I’m wrong
That nobody,
But nobody
Can make it out here alone.

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody

There are some millionaires
With money they can't use
Their wives run round like banshees
Their children sing the blues
They've got expensive doctors
To cure their hearts of stone.
But nobody
No, nobody

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody

Now if you listen closely
I'll tell you what I know
Storm clouds are gathering
The wind is gonna blow
The race of man is suffering
And I can hear the moan,
'Cause nobody,
But nobody

Alone, all alone
Nobody, but nobody
Can make it out here alone."

~Maya Angelou

(((HUGS)))

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Blue, I'll get to your messages soon. The envelope thingy still isn't turning white to alert me. Grrrrr!

Chirp, I was so delighted to see that you were able to pop in! I miss you terribly! I love the pics you put in here today and the poem by Maya Angelou! So true, we can't make it alone. You are thought of and loved very much my Shed Sister! HUGS!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks, Blue! Hope you got some sleep last night - wasn't too long after you went to bed that I got up!

a reply to: TNMockingbird

*waves*

Hi Chirp! Really good to see you pop your feathers out of the bushes. Donut?

Morning, Mayor Night Star!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Morning Shep! I just got dressed and will be out all day doing groceries and errands and lunch with my friend today.

I hope more folks come in today and brighten the place up with their presence. Good to see you as always my friend!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Have a lovely day everyone!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Have fun Night Star!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Terrible dream while I was asleep this morning.

I paid 50 cents for a cup of coffee but only go half a cup's worth!

The good news is that the heart surgeon has all my medical information now. I'm just waiting for a call from them to set up an appointment.

I'll be busy this afternoon if some medication is ready for me to pick up plus I need to call my nurse to let her know the recent update on the great heart adventure.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join